• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Video Game of All Time.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Just remember me in fifteen years when you try to explain to the next generation why the games you loved growing up aren't terrible, steaming piles of garbage.
But, from what I've seen lately... they are steaming piles of garbage.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
But, from what I've seen lately... they are steaming piles of garbage.

Touche. You can always find a new hobby. Or not... that would probably involve exercise and human interaction. Gross. You know what? Stick to video games.

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Touche. You can always find a new hobby. Or not... that would probably involve exercise and human interaction. Gross. You know what? Stick to video games.

I get enough of the latter and practically none of the former (who needs it? or the latter for that matter :P), and it is likely that I'll be looking for a new hobby. I've run out of games on the 360 and rumor is that console is within a year of being obsolete. Not that I expect decent games in the coming year or beyond given how craptastic video games have been this year.

Video games seem to have become mediocre at best. There just hasn't been anything special that somebody hasn't ****ed up (I'm looking at you Bioware). As the quality drops the price has risen. I cannot see how the industry is going to survive this way in the world's economy today. It's just foolish.

So not only am I joining the ranks of the uninterested but I also cannot afford the cost anymore. Publishers and manufactures need to get real. Unless some platform comes along to change things (Ouya?) I'm done, and by the way they're going so is the industry. The Big N hasn't even given me enough incentive to invest in the WiiU, I don't have a 3DS and probably never will, so it is likely that I won't even be playing the next Zelda game either.

Honestly, I would love there to be twice and again as many bad games on my list in exchange for a few good ones this year and the years to come. Instead I've got none of the latter and a bunch of the former.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I haven't paid retail for a game (with a few exceptions) in years for the reasons that you're talking about. The problem that I see with video game companies is that it has become too much like the movie industry. AAA Titles cost too much to fail so they are aimed at the lowest common denominator so they can try to turn a profit. And they do. EA has found a business model that works, whether you like their games or not. That's not to say everything sucks. I enjoyed the first Mass Effect tremendously and felt that Mario Galaxy was a great game.

I've actually found quite a bit of quality in the XBox Live Arcade. It's this weird parallel dimension where game development forks in a direction that feels like the proper evolution of the SNES rather than what we got when the video game industry truly became mainstream with the advent of the Playstation. And for $5-$10, my expectations are appropriately scaled.

Probably most movie or kid tv series games would be the worst I've ever played.

But the most disappointing game for me that was developed by a respectable game company... would probably be Tales of the Abyss. It just really annoyed me. I hated the characters movesets and most of the characters in general, and the story could've been great, but I couldn't care about the story since I hated almost everyone. Bland music and muddled graphics didn't help make the game any more enjoyable. It was more of a disappointment than a bad game, but it's probably one of the games that I hated the most throughout the years.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
Aww I really like XD Gale of Darkness, it was different yes but not in a bad way but anyways my least favore, it's tough to say.

I could say Sonic 06, but the thing is that game was meant to be a really good game it was rushes and therefor mega buggy and the level aquatic base was ****, but it really could have been a good game.

However they did release a sonic game far worse than 06, we are talking about a game worse than the sonic game that spends more time loading stages than it does to play them.

The Black Knight is possibly the biggest failure of a game ever, I bought that game and played for about 20 minutes, I have no idea what is going on, not with the story but just ith the stages, Idk what order they go in and how I get more stages, I have 4 stages all of which seem to teach controls on how to play the game and I have done them all but one of them explains what to do so poorly and even when I do it the way it says it doesn't let me progress, I didn't like secret rings but at least I knew what to do next, this game is just horrible.

FosterTheNation

The Better of The Best
Well aside from any movie based video game, like Finding Nemo, I'd have to say any Call of Duty campaign after number 4. The game mechanics suck in those. All it is walk down a tunnel and shoot a couple people then repeat until you eventually reach a cut scene where your character does something like melee a boss enemy or defuse a bomb and you just watch. You don't get to play any of the interesting parts and the story line itself is pretty weak and confusing. They try too hard to make it an epic, in-depth story but it's just a mess.

For me it's Cars for the DS. I bought it hoping for a decent racing game; what I got was the most s***ty collection of mini-games ever. I traded it in the next day.

Mido

Version 1
For me, the worst game I have ever played is Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom for the 360. Here's my story:

About four years ago, my friend and I wanted to find a co'op game to play. We went to GameCrazy to look around, and we asked the guy at the counter for suggestions on a game. He recommened we get Army of Two, but we were into a fantasy game craze at the time. We finally decided to get KUF, because the game looked promising. Perfect waste of $40! The game had a decent story, but the gameplay was horrendous. The thing that peeved me most was that there was a fatigue bar that would run out after two attacks and your character was completely defenseless. The game was just pitiful. I didn't bother finishing it, before my friend and I realized that the game wasn't co'op at all, it was only for online play. (Make sure to read the labels! :xd:) The final lesson: Pay attention to what you buy. Ugh....

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I have a very vauge childhood recollection of renting a game from a library for NES that was based upon Troll Dolls. Seriously, those fuzzy-haired, wish jeweled troll dolls that were popular with girls my age (12, at the time) in the 90s. All I remember about it is not being able to get my trolls past some maze of razor-death. Glad Mom just rented that one, didn't buy it.

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
I have two entries for the worst video game ever:

Number 1 is Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde on NES. First of all, the music in the game is absolutely horrendous and makes you want to hurt something. And the gameplay isn't that great either, just walk from point A to point B while occasionally avoiding things. And your only weapon in the game, the cane, is useless; it does absolutely no damage on anything! And when you die and turn into Mr. Hyde, you're basically screwed.

Number 2 is Sonic 06. Oh my god, this game is beyond terrible! The whole freaking game is broken. The controls are looser than a pig sliding on butter. The graphics are no better than the Gamecube. The gameplay is bland beyond belief. And oh god, the loading screens take forever! Sometimes the game will have a 2 minute loading screen just for someone to say one sentence, and then create another painful loading screen. Also, this game is has probably the dumbest storyline ever. The love interest doesn't work at all! I mean the Princess of Somoria (whatever the setting is called) and Sonic, who thought of that? And let's not forget to mention, this game is glitches galore! I swear, nobody tested this game at all. It's hard to explain how bad this game is, it's better if you just watched Game Grumps play this (look them up on youtube).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom