• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Wind Waker Wii U

I say they remake Windwaker or port it too the Wii U Store when released! what do you think? maybe they could do motion control and make it optional

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Better yet, finish Wind Waker 2. The project was dropped in 2004 to make Twilight Princess, but we all know that they should have stuck to the cel-shaded WW sequel. Of course, it will be difficult now with PH out, but I'm sure they can make it happen. Maybe farther in the future when the islands are bigger and more connected. I think Nintendo ought to show everyone how good cel-shading can look in HD. They could use the controller like the Tingle Tuner!

Unfortunately, I think this is all pretty unrealistic at this point...

Garo

Boy Wonder
Better yet, finish Wind Waker 2. The project was dropped in 2004 to make Twilight Princess, but we all know that they should have stuck to the cel-shaded WW sequel. Of course, it will be difficult now with PH out, but I'm sure they can make it happen. Maybe farther in the future when the islands are bigger and more connected. I think Nintendo ought to show everyone how good cel-shading can look in HD. They could use the controller like the Tingle Tuner!

Unfortunately, I think this is all pretty unrealistic at this point...

Now don't get me wrong, I loved Wind Waker, and was a big fan of the cel-shaded graphics, BUT - I don't think that another Zelda game should use the same look and feel.

Skyward Sword seems to be taking a more realistic approach, but at the same time being cel-shaded. I like that. But again, I don't want to see it repeated. The best Zelda games are ones that break the mold, and I'd like to see something new - and that something new needs to have an art style that suits it. If cel-shaded does, then sure - but I don't want cel-shaded for the sake of being cel-shaded.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Isn't that Phantom Hourglass?

Actually, now that I've beaten Wind Waker, I'd love a sequel on a non-handheld console.

No, Phantom Hourglass is a different game from the Wind Waker 2. I think that the chance of the Wind Waker 2 being made is very little, since many of the ideas that were to be put in that game, are, most likely, present in Phantom Hourglass. A WW port to the Wii U wouldn't be a very good idea (I think the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii and GameCube). It would be much better if they made an entirely new game with similar graphics, fitting somewhere along the adult timeline. Games can fit between Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, as the are 100 years apart. So if they wanted to make another Great Sea based game, it could fit there.

V

victorcast28

if they they would have to mirroed it like twiligth princess for the wii

I'd rather them just make a whole new game! Why not have a brand new and fresh story?

Peeps1080

Not the marshmallow
I like the WW2 idea cuz they were actually planning on doing that and it sounded pretty good. But it doesn't seem like it would work on wii, unless the gamecube controller was compatible. He would also be right handed probably, and he was lefty in WW, wasn't he?

I don't really see a point of remaking WW. WW has very smooth controls, beautiful graphics, catchy music and it is too modern for a remake. Alot of people didn't like the sailing and thought the game was too easy. Even if they made the sailing more enjoyable and added a Master Quest to the remake, I still think it would be pointless to remake WW. A reason why Nintendo would remake OoT was because the graphics were "out-dated", Link would do things 1 second late, and you had to pause constantly.In WW, the graphics still look good, the controls are still good, and there really isn't nothing that bothered me other than the difficulty.

I would prefer a new Zelda game rahter than a Wind Waker 2. They're "remaking" so many things. There's been three Ocarina of Time remakes (GC collector's edition, Master Quest, and 3DS), and they're apparently remaking a Link to the Past.

In other series, they've made New Super Mario Bros Wii which is a remake of a remake for the Wii. There's Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Super Mario 3DS looks suspiciously similar to Super Mario 3.

None of these games are bad, but all of these "remakes" and stuff are starting to drive me nuts.

S

Shabalabadoo

Going back to Mases' post about the interview about the graphics style of Zelda wii U, it was said that it was unclear so far, but it also said that the possibilities they wanted and are hoping for with the wii u controller were more than just using it to use items.

So, I really don't see a wind waker remake. Here's several reasons:

-I believe ocarina of time was remade due to the 25th anniversary, with secondary reasons being the graphics, ease of controls, and because it just happened to be the best seller. If you're going to make a remake, why not make the best selling one?
So wind waker doesnt really fit into those reasons.

-what does nintendo usually do with their systems? Show off it's uniqueness. Wii U(and Wii)'s uniqueness is the motion technology. Why would that get implemented into wind waker? I really can't think of any gameplay features in wind waker that would show off the Wii U's unique features.

-although this is a very small reason with not much of a base behind it, can wii u really dish out enough purchases to have a need for 2 Zelda games on it? 3ds hasn't really been a big seller (from what I've heard. It could have changed since then though), and I don't really see the wii u being a big seller.

That's just my take on it :)

I don't want a direct remake (which, AreYouJoshingMe, NSMBW, DKCR and SM3DS aren't) but rather Wind Waker 2, there were pictures on the homepage of what it could look like and now I desperately want that. They could also use the extra power to make a larger, more packed, more vibrant world with bigger islands.

I would prefer a new Zelda game rahter than a Wind Waker 2. They're "remaking" so many things. There's been three Ocarina of Time remakes (GC collector's edition, Master Quest, and 3DS), and they're apparently remaking a Link to the Past.

Where was this heard?

And here are more characters.

Ok maybe not "remakes" but throwbacks to old games is what I meant.

And there was an article here on Zelda Dungeon about a possible LttP remake

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom