• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Link Ever Get the Girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
Well I agree with Din Akera (not just because she's a site staff) that Link will never have a girlfriend in the main plot, and it would destroy the "zelda relationship fan fics". But there was a little love in the air in TP with Link and Ilia. So that's what I got to say.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Personally, I'd like it if Link had a bit of a love life. Imagine how cute it would be for Link and someone else just about to kiss, when some monster comes and Link needs to save his true love? Plus, Nintendo already used this a bit for TP, the entire reason Link went to save Ilia and Colin was basically because he loved Ilia. There's even a romantic moment that's separated throughout the game. I DO think Link should get the girl.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
...I'm only gonna say this once. While every bone in my fanboy body says yes, he should get the girl, my mind says no. And that is because one, the Legend of Zelda is meant to embrace all ages (mostly), and two, this is the kind of thing you (have to) leave to the fanfics or some fanboy(girl)'s fantasies.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
So is Superman, and yet there is Lois.

Yes, but that is a comic-based character, one who's characteristics are set. Link, on the other hand, is meant to be able to adapt slightly to your personality, making the gameplay more emersive and fun. Why do you think Link never speaks, even in the text boxes? It's because, or so I believe, the creators intended to let your imagination fill in the gaps, letting you feel like you are actually Link, to an extent. Hence why Link getting the girl should be left to our imagination (to an extent). I won't argue, however, that he has not gotten the girl inbetween games. It just wouldn't seem fair. In-game, however... Not so much.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Yes, but that is a comic-based character, one who's characteristics are set. Link, on the other hand, is meant to be able to adapt slightly to your personality, making the gameplay more emersive and fun. Why do you think Link never speaks, even in the text boxes? It's because, or so I believe, the creators intended to let your imagination fill in the gaps, letting you feel like you are actually Link, to an extent. Hence why Link getting the girl should be left to our imagination (to an extent). I won't argue, however, that he has not gotten the girl inbetween games. It just wouldn't seem fair. In-game, however... Not so much.

Well, think about TP. Ilia and Link seem to have a thing going between them. also, Midna and Link seem to grow fond of each other throughout the game to a point where they're possibly more than just friends. And also Spirit Tracks. I really think that Tetra and Link got it on between it and PH... So i guess we really just have to wait for sequels before we jump to any conclusions. But also, look at TAoL. Either Link got a hug or a kiss. I don't see why Zelda would be that close for any reason other than that.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
Well, think about TP. Ilia and Link seem to have a thing going between them. also, Midna and Link seem to grow fond of each other throughout the game to a point where they're possibly more than just friends. And also Spirit Tracks. I really think that Tetra and Link got it on between it and PH... So i guess we really just have to wait for sequels before we jump to any conclusions. But also, look at TAoL. Either Link got a hug or a kiss. I don't see why Zelda would be that close for any reason other than that.

As I said, to an extent. Plus, TP was a teen-rated game, so that gives it some wiggle room, the time period between PH and ST is just speculation, I'm 100% positive they did get it on, but a young child playing the game would have no idea about it. So that is also in the clear. And for TAoL, that was the second game in the series, so they were still experimenting. Anyone else?

G

guider64

Yeah, and there was already people there, because they were following the spirits of good already.

ANYWAYS...

I don't think Link liked Marin, but I'm pretty sure Marin liked Link in Link's Awakening.

I'm almost sure A Link to the Past Link and Zelda hooked up after the whole thing blew over and the Triforce righted everything again.

Ocarina of Time Link got some. Probably alot of some. Come on! He got to choose between Zelda, Saria, Ruto, Nabooru, and Malon. More than I get, anyways.

I don't know about Minish Cap, Link and Zelda seemed more like friends...

Twilight Princess Link was definately with Illia. Zelda seemed to old for that Link for some reason.

And Wind Waker Link definately got Tetra. Tetra seems more uncouth and unruly than Zelda. She would've sent the whole crew to Windfall to get something and held Link back and tied him to a freaking bed!

Link could not have Saria, Ruto, or Nabooru in OOT because they became sages. You can't get anything from a girl that can't even live in the same dimension.

i believe that link must have already got the girl. i think the girl must have been maron and therefore future links are descendents of oot link and maron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom