• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Will It Still Be the Oot We Know and Love?

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
In my opinon it going to different and have a different feel to it. So probably it won't be the same OoT we all know and love :(

AaronX

One who sits
I've said this before, but I hope they change NOTHING. I think that OoT was one of the best games ever. Ha. Maybe Bruno Mars was singing "Just The Way You Are" to a OoT cartridge.

Graphics look great so far, I might have to buy it and replay the whole game just on that strength :P. The only thing that I think would truly destroy the game will be if you have to control Link using the stylus. Personally I hate that, which is the main reason I didn't enjoy Phantom Hourglass that much. Does anyone know if that is the case?

AaronX

One who sits
I don't know, but I sure hope they don't make you control him with the stylus. I hope they do it like the Final Fantasy remakes, where you can control it with the stylus or the buttons on the DS, but I'd really hate it if they forced the touch screen controls on you.

I don't know, but I sure hope they don't make you control him with the stylus. I hope they do it like the Final Fantasy remakes, where you can control it with the stylus or the buttons on the DS, but I'd really hate it if they forced the touch screen controls on you.

I think they are dropping stylus controls for the game, mostly because we have the analogue slider now plus there's the fact the game takes place on the top screen.

I could see the touch screen being used in minigames though.

One thing I have noticed though is that some locations (namely Castle Town and the insides of houses, to name a few) won't be in the odd painted style as in the original, going by this screenshot anyway...
4.png

It looks like it's a 3D structure. Which makes sense given the whole literal 3D gimmick.

I dunno I just found it a little cool and it will clear up the almost jarring graphics of the original.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I think that it'll still be the same, maybe a bit different in terms of graphics (obviously) and some things added to it or changed around, but other than that I think it's gonna stay the same as it is in the original 64 version. I do hope that they don't make any huge changes to it that completely changes it from the game that we all know. Although OoT isn't one of my top three favorite Zelda games, it still is one that I like to play and cherish.

Z

ZZhobbit

At this point I think the game will be pretty much the same on the 3DS, like changing the Boot Equip for the Water Temple isn't going to destroy the game, the fact that of all the things that make the Water Temple 'difficult' the boot equip is what there changing seems a little unneccessary but the game in the large scale isn't going to be affected by it. If they were to replace a dungeon or take out Epona then there may be some weight to the 'It's not the same' argument but I personally think that both Nintendo and Miyamoto are smart enough to not fix what isn't broken so I'm really not worried. I like OoT 64, I want OoT 3DS to be just as good and I think Nintendo is going to do that.

D

DungeonDarknut

I don't believe this has become a feathered thread
Now nearer the time I am feeling more optimistic the remakes Nintendo made before - like Super Mario 64 DS have been great and so they probably can do it again. I suppose anything that introduces anyone to Zelda is a good thing, even so the original will still hold a place in my heart.

L

Linkskysword

I know the answer to that...

I swear I`m not Lying, my brotther works at Nintendo in Japan in the Programing area, i begged him to answer me the question, and he almost did.
1: He said that it`s something that he can`t go telling anyone cause is secret but he said he could tell me some things...

The first is, it is going to be the same story as our old Oot.
Secondly, he said that they are NOT going to edit the water Temple.

Bye Y`all!

N

Nayru's Aide

Nintendo knows how much Ocarina of Time is loved by its fans, and I'm sure they wouldn't make any significant changes. The graphical update looks great; I don't forsee any problem with that. Considering there was only so much they could do with the Nintendo 64, perhaps we'll see extra side quests, secret areas, etc. One thing I would like to see would be a significant change in Hyrule's landscape during Ganon's reign. But I doubt Nintendo will do too much to it.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Hmm...I actually wouldn't mind if there were some changes. Not to the basic story structure. I think, in that sense, it will always be "The OoT We Know and Love." However, for example, adding more character interactivity. Throwing in another simple sidequest or two. Making it possible to go behind the frozen waterfall in Zora's domain just as a "wink wink nudge nudge" to long-time fans. Basically, giving us a reason to really explore an area even to those who have already memorized the secrets. There are a lot of little things that could be done that would make it feel new to fans who have replayed it multiple times but still retain the classic feel of the story.

And honestly, the fanbase is so large that even if the game remained exactly the same, some critics would complain that there should have been extra content. There will always be one faction that can't be pleased. As long as developers don't make changes simply for the sake of change, but because the changes enhance the story (rather than deviate from it), I think it will be fine.

D

Driorianos

Hmm, I have to admit my reaction has been "Oh, awesome. Can't wait." To me, there is no mixed minds.

Did people fault the Master Quest? or the improved graphics that came with it in that and the collectors edition? I imagine that overall, things will be smoother. Difficulty changes? perhaps, perhaps not. Maybe an inclusion of MQ elements... but I don't give a whit about that.

See, the way I see it is that it will still be OoT no matter what. Anything else would just be false advertising.

Ninetendo probably changed a lot of things. I don't understand why they take a "good" game and try to make "minor" adjustment's and see if it is going to be "better". Just leave the game alone, its fine the way it is.

Djinn

and Tonic
I imagine the changes are going to be minor but essentially the same as the changes they made when LttP was ported to the GBA. Add a few extra voices, give a couple weapons some more abilities, but nothing too major, add an extra character here and there, and change a couple names around making them a little more accurate. And I would expect some type of extra hidden dungeon. Just about every port/remake has one why should Zelda be any different.

Basically what we have already seen with the Mario 64, Final Fantasy 3 and 4 on DS, or even the Mario 2,3, and Final Fantasy 4, 5, and 6 ported to GBA. All were still the same games, only a slight tweaking was done mostly for story purposes. Nothing major was changed that made it a different game. Except maybe the ability to play as other characters in Mario 64 but who did not like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom