• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Ganondorf Be the Main Villain or Will Nintendo Create a Completely New Villain?

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Since Ganondorf/Ganon has been in ALMOST every game that featured the Master Sword, do any of you think he will be the main villain of the game? Would you want Ganon as the main enemy or would you rather see a new villain to grace the series? Or maybe perhaps the return of Vaati? (even though hes been in the Four Sword games) I would like to see what you guys think! :)

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
I think that ganon himself will make an apperance in the game...because SS is supposed to be at the start of the timeline. Look at it this way, a Gerudo male is born every 100 years, so this could be Ganon's ancestor fighting Link's ancestor during the creation fo Hyrule....It would make more sense to do this rather than have a crazy way to incorporate the ganon we know....dont you think so?

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
That what I think also...It would totally work. i wouldnt be disappointed if he didnt show up, but I want more of an involvement of Ganondorf in this game unlike TP. As much as I love TP, he was kinda thrown in last minute and he didnt make an impact on me as much as he did in OoT.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
HAHA I agree....Ganondorf amde a random apperance in TP, which was interesting but more of a novelty piece than actual story bassed. Ocarina of Time featured him in the whole game and it made you feel satisfied after you beat him. In SS, his possible ancestor would have to follow the story bassed involvement rather than the random placement to really make it worth while. If not, they should just make a new villain....im pretty sure that Myamoto will put someone or something relating to Ganondorf in the game....it would explain a lot and help us figure the timeline out! XD

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
There was a whole article on the timeline on google that fully explains the whole thing without flaws, i cant remember what it is, but it was awesome....and yeah I would love to see the Gerudo and the actual "origins" of Ganondorf....I would to see him related to his OoT appearance but also a fresh new design for him. He was soo "blocky" in TP and he gained like 10000 pounds in WW which made him less threatening (Even though hes pretty challenging in WW)

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I don't think we will actually see Ganondorf in an "interact and/or fight with him" kind of way. So no, he won't be the main villain. But I'm betting on some kind of prophecy that will give us a glimpse of him.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
A prophecy, vision, some sort of event or as I mentioned an ancestor might be present. I agree with Hero in Green about seeing the origins of the races and Hyrules developpement, and I also agree with Michael Heide. I guess we will have to wait and see! I cant wait for the new game! :P

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Yeah I cant wait either, I just wanna go shake answers out of Miyamoto, but it would ruin the game for me :P...I wouldnt mind seeing a new version of Vaati though, I think that would be pretty cool...Or maybe even the origins of Majora?

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Yeah, Majora has always been a thing I would like to learn more about...and what happenes after Majora's Mask. I have a theory and a possible explaination/possible sequel idea to make a third game through an emulator in the n64 style...its a crazy idea and I need to do some more research, but it should be fun if I pull it off XD Interesting thoughts bout majora...I wouldn't mind Vaati either...

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
It would be cool to also see Aganhim in a modern day zelda, as one of the main villains....Or maybe even Dark Link again, that would be pretty cool

I'm not really sure what to expect really. As Skyward Sword is positioned way before Skyward Sword in the timeline, I'm expecting that due to the fact that Ganondorf doesn't really seem to be known in any events before Ocarina of Time that there will be a new villain, which I'm hoping there is. So I guess I could say that I'm expecting for there to be a new villain, but I feel that my reasoning lacks and solid ground to support itself on, which brings a lot of doubt into my expectations.

I really do not wish to see the return of any Zelda villains from the past, as I want to see someone that I've never seen before. I also hope that they don't do what they did with Ocarina of Time, which is introduce a new villain, but it turns out that he was just a mere pawn in Ganondorf's plans (although I'm not saying that was a bad thing). Considering that Skyward Sword looks like it is going to have a much lighter tone, I don't expect them to have the kind of cool, insane villain that Twilight Princess had with Zant. So really, a new, more sane villain would be ideal.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Ganondorf/Ganon has not been revealed and Nintendo hasn't given us any news reguarding a villian. So no one can really say at this point. But I still have high hopes for Ganondorf/Ganon.

I think there will be a completely new villain but I wouldn't be surprised if a young Ganondorf made an appearance or two as a cameo for fans.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I want Majora's or Vaati. Ganon's overused and now he's a clique. Did I spell that right? I dunno... Oh well. Either way, that's what he is. Actually, I' prefer it if Majora's Mask was shown. And the tribe that used it in their hexing rituals. And Link has to fight them or something and seal away the mask, like in the happy mask salesman's story in the beginning of MM. Now THAT would be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom