• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why Does Zelda Get the Triforce of Wisdom?

If there are people who want a serious answer from me, then here it is. There are parts 3 of the triforce, Power, Wisdom, and Courage. When Ganon touched the Triforce, he got power because he was the first person to touch it and it fitted his personality. Link got the ToC because he is the hero. He risks his life to save Hyrule, so it makes sense. With Zelda it makes sense for her to have it. She is very wise for her age. She knew that Ganondorf was trying to get the triforce, she knew the six warping songs, ect. She seems to have powers because she has visions of prophecy, summon the light arrows from where ever, ect. The Deku Tree calls her "The Princess of Destiny" because its her destiny to be a sage, help Link learn the warping songs, help Link fight Ganon and its her destiny to lead Hyrule into prosperity, so it makes a lot of sense for her to have the ToW.

Strangelove

Somewhere
I think it went to those who needed it as well as those who wanted it. According to Sheik, when the Triforce split, Ganondorf got the part he most wanted - power. Zelda later admitted to being a fool messing with the sacred realm, and I think the Triforce of Wisdom responded to that, givng her the wisdom she needed, and Link, courage.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
These comments have lead me to think: was it the Triforce piece that made Zelda (a part of the Game) or Zelda that made the Triforce piece? What I mean is, some one else in the land could have knew special things as well, or foretold certain events even, so why ZELDA when it could have been any ol' darn person?

If the ToW went to the Guard outside Zelda's chamber, say, than that guard would be the main charachter in the conversation, not Zelda. I mean, this is getting pretty nit-picky, I know, but I think nit-picky and LoZ kind of go hand-in-hand ;)

Ganondorf SOUGHT OUT the Triforce - this takes action, and action is powerful. If you are not powerful, why would you act? And "what do all men with power want? More power" - Oracle, The Matrix Reloaded :lol:

Link was given the task to destroy the evil power (irrelevant by whom this task was given) and because Link didn't say "no" and just go play his N64 game of Legend of Zelda's Guard: Jeff's Awakening, this displayed his inherent courage.

Wisdom though...wisdom is either earned or gained, perhaps both through experience or birth, perhaps both. So who is to say (forgetting that some one had to MAKE this GAME) who was to receive the ToW? Perhaps who ever was standing nearest the Triforce when it split (I'm not sure where it was when that actually happened - I leave that to the more experienced players) and was the wisest amongst those?

hmm..-.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom