• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why Does Zelda Get the Triforce of Wisdom?

Hey guys. My friend and I were tooling around the other day on Ocarina of Time and just talking about it and the question arose - why did Zelda get her section of the triforce?

I mean, we all know why Link and Ganondorf got theirs - Link pulled the Master Sword from the pedestal of time and Ganondorf sucked in his gut and squeezed his way into the Sacred Realm behind him, like a creeper, but what about Zelda? Is it because she's Royal blood? She taught Link the Song of Time? It was free Triforce day?

Thanks in advance! :)

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I, personally, believe that Zelda got the Triforce of Wisdom because she had the wisdom to trust her dream in which Link appeared with Navi. This caused her to trust Link with the Ocarina of Time and the job of finding the three Spiritual Stones. This may be against other theories where Zelda actually caused the split of the Triforce, but I believe that nothing can truly be prevented, and that the Triforce would split no matter what. That means that Zelda merely fulfilled an untold prophecy by trusting her dream.

Well i think its because she is a Sage.
In LttP she is the main most important maiden of the seven.
In OoT she is the leader of the sages and the most powerful.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also she is a princess and i feel her having the Triforce of Wisdom is most suited to her.
Link deserves the Triforce of Courage as he has to defeat many monsters and overcome many challenges.
Ganon is evil and wants to have the complete Triforce gor himself and to conquer the world so the the Triforce of Power suits him.

Well i think its because she is a Sage.
In LttP she is the main most important maiden of the seven.
In OoT she is the leader of the sages and the most powerful.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also she is a princess and i feel her having the Triforce of Wisdom is most suited to her.
Link deserves the Triforce of Courage as he has to defeat many monsters and overcome many challenges.
Ganon is evil and wants to have the complete Triforce gor himself and to conquer the world so the the Triforce of Power suits him.

Hmm, I wonder why she's the leader of the sages. I mean, I think it'd be Rauru just off the bat, but that's just me.

Thanks anyways, though :-)

If you play OoT through the part in the Temple of Time where she reveals herself as Zelda it says and the one who has the Triforce of Wisdom who is the seventh sage and leader of them all is Zelda.

Remember mate Zelda gives you the Ocarina of Time she also learns you the Song of Time as well as the other Temple songs even though she is disguised as sheik.
I think these reasons qualify her as the leader of the Sages mate.

Last edited:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I think Zelda is the Sage of Wisdom or is the part of the Triforce of Wisdom because she trusts feels that Link can bring peace to Hyrule. But not only that, she feels that Link could be the one from the prophecy she knows. She trusts him in getting the 3 Spiritual Stones in time before Ganon/Ganondorf can lay on his hands. After she ran away with Impa, she truted him with the Ocarina of Time just in time before Ganon/Ganondorf could get into his hands. She had trusted Link all these years.

For her wisdom, she had transformed into the mysterious, Sheik. She had been giving Link great wisdom before achieving the temple he currently is. Acknowledging him with pure wisdom of her own words, wishing him the best of his quest.

I guess this will answer your question:/

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Here is a quotation from Sheik in regards to the Triforce:
Sheik said:
The Triforce...the sacred triangle...
it is a balance that weighs the
three forces:
Power, Wisdom and Courage.
If the heart of the one who holds
the sacred triangle has all three
forces in balance, that one will
gain the True Force to govern all.
But, if that one's heart is not in
balance, the Triforce will separate
into three parts:
Power, Wisdom and Courage.
Only one part will remain for the
one who touched the Triforce...the
part representing the force that
one most believes in.
If that one seeks the True Force,
that one must acquire the two
lost parts.
Those two parts will be held
within others chosen by destiny,
who will bear the Triforce mark
on the backs of their hands.
As Sheik says, the other Triforce parts are distributed to those chosen by destiny who best exemplify those traits. Zelda exemplifies wisdom, so she received the Triforce of Wisdom.

I think it goes like this Hmm Ganon..well he can't have wisdom...courage usually goes to the hero......so he's power.Link is the hero so he get's courage....that leave's zelda.Well....wisdom is usually a ruling trait...so ya.Ok honestly I have no clue but it works because she really would not fit with the other 2 triforces.

Basically the Triforce of Wisdom was givern to Zelda because she was destined to be the leader of the sages. The Triforce of Wisdom also supposedly let Zelda transform into sheik. While disguised as Sheik, Zelda shared her wisdom with Link when embarking for the Temples.

I think that's the reason, It's harder to explain how Zelda got her Triforce piece than to explain how Ganondorf and Link got there Triforce pieces.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I believe it's because she requires Wisdom when ruling her kingdom...but that wouldn't make sense because there is a King and Queen, supposedly. But maybe all descendants of royal blood retrieve it. I'm honestly unsure, otherwise.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Zelda was the one character who believed in Link's ability to save Hyrule. Everyone else (for example,the king and the guard in Kakariko who you have to show the letter to in order to climb Death Mtn.) laughed it off completely, and were completely unprepared for when Ganondorf invaded. That said, only Link, Impa, the loyal handmaiden who would become the Sage of Shadow, and Zelda knew that Ganondorf would attack. Impa had her role already, as did Link, but Zelda did not, at the time. But the Triforce chose her, and that is what matters.

Fig

The Altruist
It is probably because Zelda knows a lot about the history of Hyrule, even at a young age! Anyways, Zelda also tells Link about what he needs to do in order to stop Ganondorf. She seems to receive the piece of the Triforce because she is the last one in the bloodline, so the goddesses wanted to protect from the forces any evil who wanted to attack her.

lol, me and my friend were talking about the same thing the other day. idk, zelda says some "wise" poems in OoT as sheik but that's about it

Here is a quotation from Sheik in regards to the Triforce:

As Sheik says, the other Triforce parts are distributed to those chosen by destiny who best exemplify those traits. Zelda exemplifies wisdom, so she received the Triforce of Wisdom.

To me, this about sums it up. ^

I think we can only attribute it to destiny. She was chosen by the Goddesses. There's probably no other explanation. Who knows, at some point she probably even asked, "Why me? Why was I chosen?" lol

Anyway, I guess one could assume the Goddesses knew what they were doing when they chose Link and Zelda. Ganondorf obtained his Triforce part by irregular means. Perhaps the Goddesses - in a way - knew this would happen, since they are omniscient beings. Zelda and Link [wisdom and courage] must serve to keep power in check.

Another thing to consider is what Skyward Sword's plot might set up. Perhaps, a few questions pertaining to this very subject might be answered, since it takes place before the events of Ocarina of Time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom