• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Would Win?

Which Link is the victor?

• LoZ/AoL Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past/LA

• Ocarina of Time Adult Link

• OoT/Majora's Mask Young Link

• Wind Waker Link

• Twilight Princess Link

• Minish Cap Link

• Oracle of Seasons/Ages Link

• Four Swords Links

• Any "Missing Link" I am forgetting

• Total voters
B

Buffooner

WW Link by far for me. One because I thrash TP Link in Brawl with Toon Link, but also because I think he is so much cooler. TP Link never gripped me and I nearly wasn't bothered to finish TP, while I'm on my second playthrough of WW and still loving it to bits.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
WW Link by far for me. One because I thrash TP Link in Brawl with Toon Link, but also because I think he is so much cooler. TP Link never gripped me and I nearly wasn't bothered to finish TP, while I'm on my second playthrough of WW and still loving it to bits.

first brawl is a NON-CANON game so it doesn't count and you can't say he wins because you think he's cool you have to think of the skill of the other links that would own him.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
first brawl is a NON-CANON game so it doesn't count and you can't say he wins because you think he's cool you have to think of the skill of the other links that would own him.

Exactly! But I personally think that ww link would come in second because he had to prove to the gods that he was worth trusting to defeat ganondorf. Alttp link would win all the glory because he had to go through 11 dungeons that would probably pwn most of the other links and alttp link while chosen by the gods had nothing of the triforce or other sacred power (ms and sa aside). And he defeated Ganon the Hylian Devil while he had the whole triforce. Tp link would be third cuz he'd pwn all the other links with his sword techniques, wolf link techniques, massive arsenal of weapons, and his whip-like hat (seriously he snap a bone with that lethal weapon). And adult oot link would pwn all the others cuz he has navi (who would drive most of the other links to suicide), biggorons sword, and his golden gauntlets (he could throw one of the giant stones on top of the links that survived navi).

Eh, I'd have to say WW Link is the weakest and the one with the least experience. Child Link from the beginning of OoT might take that title from him, but that's just maybe. Really, TP had tons of experience with a sword. For all we know, Rusl had been training him for years and years, and Link was a very good swordsman just at the beginning of TP, let alone after the end of it, where he actually KILLED Ganondorf, unlike OoT or WW Link. Add in the Hidden Skills that can kill in one hit and magic armor with 100 rupees, and I see a very very slim chance of WW Link even hoping to overcome him.

B

Buffooner

Sorry, but I thought it was more of an opinion.

In that case I will still go with WW Link because he seems more agile. He would be able to dodge attacks more easily and then attack himself. He also has the parry moves, so he attacks first.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Eh, I'd have to say WW Link is the weakest and the one with the least experience. Child Link from the beginning of OoT might take that title from him, but that's just maybe. Really, TP had tons of experience with a sword. For all we know, Rusl had been training him for years and years, and Link was a very good swordsman just at the beginning of TP, let alone after the end of it, where he actually KILLED Ganondorf, unlike OoT or WW Link. Add in the Hidden Skills that can kill in one hit and magic armor with 100 rupees, and I see a very very slim chance of WW Link even hoping to overcome him.

Actually while ww Link is kinda physically weak he'd probably overcome tp Link (although it would probably be quite the battle) he's agile, he can attack with speed, he has the parry attack, and not to mention if he get's low on health or magic he has his granny's soup which heals him completely, restores all his magic, and doubles his attack power until he gets hit which gives him a major advantage over tp link (not to mention he can use it twice). Then there's his light arrows for when things get risky. Plus he had to actually prove to the gods that he was the only soul at the time that could save the world. Tp link had toc since the game began (that would be considered cheating) while ww link only had it for the final dungeon (ganondorf not included because he took the toc to form the whole triforce which korl wished on which caused it to scatter once more). The odds are simply stacked in ww links favor. Although alttp link would get rid of ww link cuz alttp link had to go through some pretty tough dungeons (most of which would've pwned some of the other links), he had to go through his entire adventure without any sort of sacred power (ms and sa aside). Plus he defeated Ganon (tougher than ganondorf) while he had the whole triforce. Simple.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
WW Link would be the frist to go. He's weak and no more agile or fast then any other Link. The only other Link to be any weaker then WW Link is OoT Young Link (Can't even lift a bomb? You seriously need to do some weights.) WW Link has next to no experience or power. WW Link also fight Ganondorf while he is possesion of none of the triforce (possibly the weakest he has ever been) and only because of Zelda's help. If Zelda were there, he would stood no chance. Not only this, but Ganondorf knocks out WW Link in about a second. If he wanted to, he could have killed him then, easily. That's not the only time too. WW Link is rescued on Multiple ocassions as he so pathetic compared to other Links he cant even look after himself. He is rescued by the King of red Lions when he is thrown out to see, then by Valoo when he first faces Ganondorf, and by Tetra again at some point and then by Tetra/Zelda being there when you fight Ganondorf.

TP Link goes it alone and is rescued once by the legendary 'Bazooka' in a cut-scene. What from though? A keese. Like he needed rescuing from that.

TP Link would beat WW Link, hands down.

P

Prince Of Blue

I totally think that Majora's Mask Link would win. I mean, sure he's just a kid, but he can transform into so many different things. I think that would deffinitely be an advantage. And then there's Fierce Deity Link. Nobody could possibly defeat him, hands down.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
^ ^ FDL isn't considered in this matchup since it's a game-breaker and nulls his other masks.

Anyway, I have a hard time understanding why people claim WW Link is no more agile than the other Links. For one thing, his roll parry is a ridiculously fast move, and all his neutral combo attacks carry him all over the place. While TP Link has a lot of finesse with the sword, WW Link can pull off a bunch of his moves both faster, more reliably, and while keeping himself moving out of danger. Just jump into one of those rooms of death on the islands and you'll see what I'm talking about. WW Link has been shown to be exceptionally able to defend himself in a melee, which is kind of what we're talking about here.
"Experience" is a subjective term, since objective evidence of skill beats supposed experiences. TP Link doesn't really have anything the other Links don't in terms of swordsmanship until the Hero's Shade teaches it to him.
You also shouldn't be so quick to disregard Brawl as a source here- while it doesn't take as much into account, you'll notice that WW Link is both higher up in tiers, and that his aerial moves (except for the up/downstabs) are actually taken from his attack animations in WW, whereas TP Link remains a ground-focused character who is forced to play defensively- much like in his actual game (while his aerial moves are almost entirely fabricated). Conversely, in both WW and Brawl, it's obvious that WW Link has much more mobility and offensive prowess. In a melee like what's described here, TP Link is going to have significant difficulty coping with attacks from all sides, whereas WW Link has experience with this type of fight.

What I'm saying is that in these conditions, where a host of Links are attacking from all sides, WW Link is best equipped to deal with the situation. It's totally obvious that in a duel between TP Link and WW Link, TP would come out on top due to a more varied and powerful aresenal for this type of fight. However, in a melee, TP Link, while more powerful than almost any handheld Link (except for maybe Aol's magic and FS/A's teamups), is going to have trouble defending himself from all sides- rarely a problem for WW.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I have yet to play Brawl, but I have played Melee... and I feel like the Super Smash Bros. games can be considered here. I think they do a fine job of showing what certain Links can do in melee-style combat, and so references to them should be valid.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I have yet to play Brawl, but I have played Melee... and I feel like the Super Smash Bros. games can be considered here. I think they do a fine job of showing what certain Links can do in melee-style combat, and so references to them should be valid.

Personally, I disagree. My reason is that in both Melee and Brawl, Ganondorf is about on parr with both Links. This is ridiculous considering not only is he lacking the ability to use magic, but also, he never uses his sword and he's ALOT faster then that in the Zelda games. I know that Ganondorf isnt a character we are considering here, but what I am trying to say is that in the SSB games, Ganondorf is on parr with the Links even though he is substantially less powerful then he is in the Zelda games, and in the Zelda games, he is not on parr with Link (any of them, except maybe WW Link) and he is alot more powerful then he is in the SSB games. So for that reason, I don't think that either Brawl or Melee are trustable sources.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
WW Link would be the frist to go. He's weak and no more agile or fast then any other Link.

You forgot the parry attack and he had to prove that he was able to save the great sea and hyrule. That's more power than most of the links right there.

The only other Link to be any weaker then WW Link is OoT Young Link (Can't even lift a bomb? You seriously need to do some weights.)

That much is very true.

WW Link has next to no experience or power. WW Link also fight Ganondorf while he is possesion of none of the triforce (possibly the weakest he has ever been) and only because of Zelda's help. If Zelda were there, he would stood no chance. Not only this, but Ganondorf knocks out WW Link in about a second. If he wanted to, he could have killed him then, easily. That's not the only time too.

Again you forget the parry attack. Ww link could've beaten Ganondorf if he didn't have Zelda to help him but it just would've been harder and longer. He didn't knock link out, he knocked the master sword out of his hands with his speed and agility. He chose not to kill link because he thought that once he had the triforce as a whole he could easiliy kill link and tetra if they tried to resist because the goddesses would be at Ganny's back by obligation of the triforce.

WW Link is rescued on Multiple ocassions as he so pathetic compared to other Links he cant even look after himself. He is rescued by the King of red Lions when he is thrown out to see, then by Valoo when he first faces Ganondorf, and by Tetra again at some point and then by Tetra/Zelda being there when you fight Ganondorf.

Ww link is rescued only a few times (korl at the beginning, korl again just before the tog, tetra only drew the bird away the second time before she rescued the girls but even if that were so Link still would've killed it, and the rito at the end of the ff). And also Tetra didn't rescue link once. She only helped him out. Once at the ff by drawing away the bird and rescuing the girls and at the end by helping him out.

TP Link goes it alone and is rescued once by the legendary 'Bazooka' in a cut-scene. What from though? A keese. Like he needed rescuing from that.

What bazooka cutscene? Can you show me it? But yeah it would be quite a battle but ww link would beat tp link and ww link would be pwned by alttp link (11 hard as heck dungeons, two fights with aghanim, beats ganon while he has the whole triforce, uses no sacred power aside from the master sword and the silver arrows, and finally can anyone say 'golden sword'?).

You forgot the parry attack and he had to prove that he was able to save the great sea and hyrule. That's more power than most of the links right there.

Again you forget the parry attack. Ww link could've beaten Ganondorf if he didn't have Zelda to help him but it just would've been harder and longer. He didn't knock link out, he knocked the master sword out of his hands with his speed and agility. He chose not to kill link because he thought that once he had the triforce as a whole he could easiliy kill link and tetra if they tried to resist because the goddesses would be at Ganny's back by obligation of the triforce.

Ww link is rescued only a few times (korl at the beginning, korl again just before the tog, tetra only drew the bird away the second time before she rescued the girls but even if that were so Link still would've killed it, and the rito at the end of the ff). And also Tetra didn't rescue link once. She only helped him out. Once at the ff by drawing away the bird and rescuing the girls and at the end by helping him out.

What bazooka cutscene? Can you show me it? But yeah it would be quite a battle but ww link would beat tp link and ww link would be pwned by alttp link (11 hard as heck dungeons, two fights with aghanim, beats ganon while he has the whole triforce, uses no sacred power aside from the master sword and the silver arrows, and finally can anyone say 'golden sword'?).

I hate to say it, but I find your reasoning and logic to be very flawed.

First, what's the difference between saving Hyrule and saving Hyrule? None. I don't see how saving Hyrule with one Link is somehow better than saving Hyrule with another.

Second, no, he couldn't have beaten Ganondorf without Zelda. That's pure fact, sorry. The battle is un-winable without Zelda's help. Ganondorf (WITHOUT the Triforce mind you) was too fast and powerful for Link to beat him alone. That's proof of his weakness for me.

Third, has any other Link needed to be rescued before? I don't care how many times it happened in WW, because the fact he had to be saved still remains. As stated above, TP Link could have easily defeated the enemies that the bazooka took care of. That scene was just to make it more cinematic really.

Fourth, you've proven nothing. You've basically repeated others and made weak arguments.

Uh, how does that prove he is stronger? A more powerful person could be thought not to be able to save Hyrule because of first impressions, but actually be able. I don't see how this proves anything.

Master Kokiri said:
Actually while ww Link is kinda physically weak he'd probably overcome tp Link (although it would probably be quite the battle) he's agile, he can attack with speed, he has the parry attack, and not to mention if he get's low on health or magic he has his granny's soup which heals him completely, restores all his magic, and doubles his attack power until he gets hit which gives him a major advantage over tp link

You state right there he is kind of physically weak, whereas TP Link is obviously much stronger. Not to mention Link in Twilight Princess probably had training from Russel and seems to be skilled with a sword. Not to mention the Hidden Moves; you seem to skip over those completely. Wind Waker Link may be agile, but so is Twilight Princess Link, he is seen preforming difficult sword attacks and doing back flips.

Master Kokiri said:

...What?

He didn't knock Link out, he knocked the master sword out of his hands with his speed and agility. He chose not to kill Link because he thought that once he had the Triforce as a whole he could easily kill Link and tetra if they tried to resist...

Doesn't that prove that WW Link is not the strongest?

Master Kokiri said:

The simple fact that he had to be rescued at all means he is obviously not the superior of the Links. In other games he had little help and didn't need rescuing.

Master Kokiri said:
But yeah it would be quite a battle but ww link would beat tp link and ww link would be pwned by alttp link

Once again, you demonstrate how your own argument is flawed.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Like everyone else appearantly does you Vergoagogo have missed the part of my posts where I pointed out that Link from ww had to prove himself that he could save hyrule. That means he had to have been pretty skilled. Then there's the fact of his parry attack which allows him to not only dodge an attack with ease but also counterattack. Then in the ganondorf battle of ww link could've simply waited for tetra/zelda to hit him with a light arrow but you can parry ganondorf to strike him without the help of tetra. True he was without the top but still he was pretty dang powerful. And if he wanted to he proabably could've gone Ganon form on Link and Tetra like he did in games like oot and tp. True no other link needed to be rescued before ww (or since) but an ocean is much more dangerous than a mass of dry land (and most of the things that put link in danger were cheap shots/unexpected). Yeah tp link could've easily beaten the enemies he was allegedly 'rescued' from but if they were keese like angelkid said then ww link could've done the same with his great spin attack another of his advantages over tp link. Not to mention ww link has some more powerful ranged weapons like the light arrows in addition to his granny's soup (heals him completely, restores all his magic, doubles his attack power until he gets hit, and can be used twice). Ww link would simply pwn tp link. And then alttp link would pwn ww link. And Kitsu ww link isn't the strongest there's no argument there but this isn't about brute strength. This is about resourcefulness (ww link has plenty of that) endurance (again ww link can take alot what with his grandma's soup and his speed), and finally what they have at hand (tp link though he has a large arsenal of items and weapons a large amount of them are useless). And even if tp link used the magic armor ww link would simply run it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom