• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Would Win?

Which Link is the victor?

• LoZ/AoL Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past/LA

• Ocarina of Time Adult Link

• OoT/Majora's Mask Young Link

• Wind Waker Link

• Twilight Princess Link

• Minish Cap Link

• Oracle of Seasons/Ages Link

• Four Swords Links

• Any "Missing Link" I am forgetting

• Total voters

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
The ability to take hits. So, therefore I think the weaker Links would be knocked out here (OoT young Link, OoT Adult Link, WW/PH Link, OoX Link ETC)

Um, hey, we've been over this. None of the Links are actually physically weak. They all perform feats of strength impossible for a normal person, and their heart containers let them take more hits than your average mountain without falling. It really all depends on who can deal with a large melee, and who is the least affected by small strikes. LttP and most of the handhelds are pushed back when hit, whereas most 3D Links can take a hit and keep running. Little projectiles like the seed shooter or boomerang could be disastrous for the more fragile ones.

WW Link is not phyically weak- he in fact takes less damage from foes than almost any 2D Link, and even without power bracelets can lift stuff some other Links can't. He cuts down multiple trees with a single swipe, even. He also has a fighting style more likely to protect him (and his potion reserve) through the initial rounds. Anyway, MC Link has great balance. So, um, yeah. There's no reason to think other Links would necessarily be able to do it without getting dizzy, and WW Link has been proven to be able to take serious punishment. He gets catapulted against the stone wall of a giant fortress from half a mile away, falls off said wall, and comes out completely unscathed.

It is easy to think that most other Link's can do some stuff that WW can't without getting Dizzy, An example is that in most 3D other than WW and maybe PH you can either Spin Attack and roll constantly over an over for hours and hours without getting Dizzy....it is certainly a downside for WW Link seeing he could take damage while this happens and if another Link gets it right maybe even a 1HKO to him.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
This isn't really voting for your favorites, just whom you think would win. My favorite Link is Twilight Princess' Link, but I voted for LoZ/AoL original flavor Link on this all-out brawl, and gave my reasons.

That said, I remember someone on the original thread (the one that was deleted in the Great Forum Attack of 8/19 ) made a very long and VERY GOOD argument for why Wind Waker Link would be a winner. (It had to do with his agility and all-out spry attack style, I believe). Perhaps they will remember to come by here and make their case again. It was quite compelling.

Lol. Oh, my bad. Well, since WW Link is the only Link I've known so far in my Zelda gaming experience, I didn't see the need to argue or to explain why he should beat the others. Why? Because I don't even know how the other Links look like or what powers they have, etc. So I am sorry, I just thought WW Link should win by default. ;)

Zarom

The King
I still think that Youg Link in OOT/MM would win. Here is some reasons:

1. He has the most powerful sword, the Great Fairy's Sword, as said by the Great Fairy of Kindness, in Ikana. And also when you press the ''A'' button on the item menus, it is said: ''The Great fairy's Sword is the most powerful sword and it has black roses etched to it, brandish it with ''C''.'' :sword:

2. Also, he can get his hearts upgraded by another Great Fairy (of Courage I think) His hearts then becomes red with white around them. This also happens to OOT Adult Link. :)

3. He has the most bottles. He has 6 of them (maybe 10, if we count the ones in OOT) With these, he can have Blue potions and Chateau Romani. He may also have the Deku Princess, so Link would transport her to the duel to help him in the combat. Her attacks would be same as Deku Link. :deku:

J

jamalthegiraffe

Young Link could defeat them all! He gets all of the main items, plus the masks, and Cheatu Romani! He could have endless light arrows. He also could play the Song of Time and go back to the begining of the battle, or slow down time with the inverted Song of Time.

The only thing he doesn't have are the Hidden moves, or the Tiger Scolls. He also doesn't know the Hurricane Spin. He can use the Great Spin though.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Wolf Link is also not allowed unless you can explain why it would not become utterly invincible when it becomes wolf Link.

Reason A- Wolf Link's attacks are like five times weaker than the Master Sword.
Reason B- Wolf Link's attacks are jumping pounces that take him out of control of his positioning.
Reason C- Wolf Link takes extra damage from fire.
Reason D- Wolf Link has no shield.
Reason E- Wolf Link has no weapons or items.
Reason F- Wolf Link's only usable attack (shadow field) doesn't work on anything that can defend itself.

Wolf Link is just terrible- I'd totally allow the transformation (not that'd it ever do TP Link any good).

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I agree. As much as I loved playing an animal version of Link, digging up things, having scent-vision and the like, in a battle with swordsmen, Wolf Link is... not great. I think TP Link would remain stronger in his native Hylian form. The transformation that I'm worried about becoming utterly invincible is Majora's Mask's Feirce Diety.

Anyway... I finished... THE PAINTING.

http://shadsie.deviantart.com/art/Battle-for-the-Doughnut-135190510

And am exhausted after painting a chain of Links. (That's my plural for Link now - "Chain." )

Of course, in my mind, the battle ends when Homer Simspon and Vash the Stampede (both well-known for their love of donuts) come along, wipe out all the Links, then proceed to fight each other.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
You Miss Shadsie....are a legend :xd:.....I might steal that for a background one day :lol:

You might want to wait for me to post a higher resolution version, then. After seeing what DA did to it, I've been mulling over whether or not to send a higher resolution file to North Castle for the Sept. update... was worried it might take too long to load...

But, if people are wanting this for desktop wallpapers, yeah, I think I'll make a higher res. available somewhere - because some of the detail gets lost on the DA version there.

And...

Thanks!

But, if people are wanting this for desktop wallpapers, yeah, I think I'll make a higher res. available somewhere - because some of the detail gets lost on the DA version there.

And...

Thanks!

Please do...it would be an epic wall paper :xd:, Probably better than my current Zelda Background which is.....
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7180/desktopbackground.jpg

I made it with GIMP 2.6 but it isn't really that good....I think all the Link's fighting over a Donut would be more humerous (if thats the right word)

And back on topic, wow...TP Link is winning, I thought that he would probably lose in terms of amounts of votes :hmm:

And back on topic, wow...TP Link is winning, I thought that he would probably lose in terms of amounts of votes :hmm:

No, it's actually just what I expected and wanted. To many, TP Link posses much more experience because of his training with Rusl prior to TP, and TP Link actually killed Ganondorf (Turning to stone is lame and doesn't count). The hidden skills, including the un-blockable Mortal Draw, Final Blow, Helm Splitter and many other give an edge, as well as a giant metallic spiked ball. Magic Armor with 100 rupees lasts longer than any magic draining shield technique from what I remember too. My logical conclusion is that TP Link would indeed win.

No, it's actually just what I expected and wanted. To many, TP Link posses much more experience because of his training with Rusl prior to TP, and TP Link actually killed Ganondorf (Turning to stone is lame and doesn't count). The hidden skills, including the un-blockable Mortal Draw, Final Blow, Helm Splitter and many other give an edge, as well as a giant metallic spiked ball. Magic Armor with 100 rupees lasts longer than any magic draining shield technique from what I remember too. My logical conclusion is that TP Link would indeed win.

I also wanted TP Link to win seeing as he does seem like a very good warrior compared to most of the others but its just that he sometimes gets a lot of people that are against him because they don't like TP.

Twilight Princess Link FOR THE WIN :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom