• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Who Should Be the Main Viillain in the Next Zelda Game?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Lol it was a joke. He could not realize who he was actually fighting until the end. Maybe like a magical disguise or something. Or maybe Ganondorf could cast a spell on Link that made him think that who he was fighting was evil. Maybe he thought that he was fighting Ganondorf until he killed Zelda and the spell was broken. So essentially Link was Ganondorf's pawn the entire game.

That would be a really good plot device and would be a nice change of pace from the typical Zelda story. I like it. (So long as Zelda didn't stay dead and the villain wasn't Ganny.)

What about an evil Fi thats actually working under a revived Ghirahim years in the future who is again trying to revive his master which would now be Ganondorf!

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
That would be a really good plot device and would be a nice change of pace from the typical Zelda story. I like it. (So long as Zelda didn't stay dead and the villain wasn't Ganny.)

I was just using Ganondorf as an example. I would personally want it to be some other villain that's more of a magician. (No saying Ganon was Agahnim and a magician. I want a more true magician like Vaati.) And what would be wrong with Zelda actually dying? It could be a tragedy game. Definitely a first in Zelda, unless you count Link's Awakening's ending which I kind of do. That ending made me so sad.

I'd like to see Ganondorf/Ganon return preferably in the forthcoming Wii U installment. We haven't seen him in over five years since Twilight Princess. I feel as though the narrative is always richer and more cohesive when he is present. The only problem I see with this is that Ganondorf/Ganon is dead on all three branches of the timeline. Regardless I'm sure Nintendo will find a way to reincarnate him.

As for the 3DS, I wouldn't mind seeing Vaati make yet another splash. He's a very dynamic antagonist carrying his suave gallantly about him. My strong love for The Minish Cap influences my bias though.

Someone curses Link, right, and then he does evilly stuff at night, which you could also play as his evil side, and he defeats the evil person, but his bad self is still destroying Hyrule, and near the end, the last fight is against yourself. And maybe, you choose who wins the battle. You pick to play as Link or evil Link, and then you fight the other one. And then, that could cause another timeline split, because the timeline isn't complicated enough already.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I was just using Ganondorf as an example. I would personally want it to be some other villain that's more of a magician. (No saying Ganon was Agahnim and a magician. I want a more true magician like Vaati.) And what would be wrong with Zelda actually dying? It could be a tragedy game. Definitely a first in Zelda, unless you count Link's Awakening's ending which I kind of do. That ending made me so sad.

Eh. I'm just not a big fan of a tragic ending in Zelda like that. Just doesn't seem to fit the idea of the fantasy story as well. Not saying it wouldn't work out OK, I just personally don't think it's the right thing for the Zelda series to do. :/

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Eh. I'm just not a big fan of a tragic ending in Zelda like that. Just doesn't seem to fit the idea of the fantasy story as well. Not saying it wouldn't work out OK, I just personally don't think it's the right thing for the Zelda series to do. :/

Maybe not, but I would like to see some tragic video games. I'm sure they exist, but I personally can't think of one.

Edit: just thought of FFVII and Shadow of the Colossus

I think it would be cool for a future antagonist to be some kind of parasite creature who travels from host to host foiling Link's plans along the way and becoming stronger as he goes. The creature would be extremely intelligent, and motivated by rage. Perhaps he would use Link or Zelda to gain access to the Sacred Realm, or infect the sages in order to break the seals that prevent ancient evil forces from roaming freely or overtaking Hyrule. On his quest, Link would not be able to trust anybody, and would even have to learn how to protect himself from being taken over by the parasite. In the end, if the parasite took the host of someone Link loves, Link might have to choose between sparing the parasite or sacrificing the one he loves.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
These are all great ideas :)

I think it would be cool if someone close to Link maybe his Uncle or his Grandfather was actually evil and throughout th story he was trying to guide Link but then he betrays Link his own blood for the sake of Evil this would bring a good plot twist and a sense of revenge!

For 3DS, someone new. Unless it's a sequel of some kind, all handhelds feature a new villain in the lead.

For Wii U, totally Ganon.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Link and/or Zelda should be the main villains. Something along the lines of what Awesome said, what with the "main villain", be it Ganondorf, Agahnim; Zelda's Bro/the Fresh Prince of Hyrule , should cast a spell over one of the two (or both) making them think that whatever they're fighting is the REAL evil, but come to find out they were killing (or banishing, whatever works) Hylians and other races to some alternate dimension. It'd be a cool twist, and I really want to see Zelda killed for once.

Fig

The Altruist
To me, I would love to see either Ganondorf or Ghirahim return in a new Zelda game! That said, the main central point of the game is was will shape the gameplay, storyline, and the villian. If the game focuses on Hyrule and the Triforce it will most likely have Ganondorf in it. Ghirahim on the other was kind of disappeared with his master as they lost their final battle against Link. Perhaps Demise and Ghirahim could both be reincarnated once again and the main villian is not one, but TWO people working together! That's just my vision on this matter though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom