• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Who else Found the Three Main Wolf Sequences Boring?

i'm a fan of TP and i love replaying it but one thing ruins the game for me for the firs couple of hours are the parts where you're the wolf having to collect those light tears (sorry if i got the name wrong) it's boring and very tedius in my opinin, i'm just curious about your thoughts on those parts

I agree, those sequences felt drawn out. It doesn't help that during those sequences, the world around you is all dark and depressing, either.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Ah, it's kind of meh for me. The twilight sequence in Faron wasn't so bad the first playthrough, because this was the first time you ever had to collect the Tears of Light, so it was a new thing. It was a little spooky, because the twilight was so dreary, but you could put up with that.

Eldin was probably my least favorite out of the three. The kargaroks were annoying. :P Exploring wasn't such a bad thing, but there really wasn't much to explore in Eldin. Once you got to Death Mountain, you found your first howling stone, so that made it less boring. But fighting the twilit messangers with kargaroks attacking you and the volcano erupting was quite frustrating.

Lanayru was pretty interesting. I like what they did with the twilit bloat for the last Tear. That was a pretty neat trick. It was also more fun because the gameplay was different, for example, jumping off the bridge ( :D !!!), flying the giant kargarok, and the landscape was pretty cool as well.

The twilight was a new experience in Zelda, so I can't complain too much. At times, it did feel tedious, but all in all, it wasn't so bad. If I had to rate them (which I will!), I would give Faron a 3 out of 5, Eldin a 2.5 out of 5, and Lanayru a 4.5 out of five. Overall, 3 out of five, but it gets another half for originality. 3.5 out of 5.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
More than boring, I think they were overly repetitive. Each of the three times you had to go through this, it was the same collecting of tears, and not much uniqueness or difference in any of the time you go them. Two occasions I can remember originality were the burning down of the house during the second time, and the final light tear boss. So most people wouldn't have found them bring the first time they did them, but once they did it again and for a third time, the repetitiveness is what leads to make it boring.

I personally didn't find them too bad, I still enjoyed doing them because it was unique to other Zelda games - I didn't really mind them at all.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
no i found becoming a wold fun. it was faster than just link. well, collecting the tears was boring, but other than that, being a wolf, was for the win.

no i found becoming a wold fun. it was faster than just link. well, collecting the tears was boring, but other than that, being a wolf, was for the win.

yea i'm just getting at the part with the tears, i have nothing against the wolf's gameplay as a whole, though it really could have used some more combat abilities, i mean yea it's a wolf and biting is a prime method, but wolves have other ways of defnding themselves

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I'm actually currently in the second tear of light collecting (in Kakariko village) and it is boring. I love Link as a wolf, but the tears of light is pretty boring.

Its not boring as much as it is repetitive, at least in my case. I remember after I beat The Lakebed Temple for the first time, and then Zant showed up and turned everything back to twilight. I was all like "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!"

P

ppi80

I truthfully found them very annoying, and not fun at all. Also they were highly repetitive.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
I didn't like them. They definetly restrained your freedom, I got frequently annoyed by Midna, the twilight places were dreary and boring, and the tears of light were very tedious in my opinion.I loved the rest of the game though.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
I thought that they were ok. They did get repetitive at times but they also helped you to explore more of Hyrule in the twilight.

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
They were a bit repetitive, though I do like that they were trying something new. I also liked that the world seemed to be in more danger and you actually saw what was happening and people's reaction instead of being told that everything is bad. The three sequences are different enough to stand out, even if it's the same goal each time.

Faron was very straight forward, but by the time you get to that part, you just want to go through a dungeon. The beginning of the game is so slow because of all the tutorials and then, before you can finally get to the classic Zelda dungeon, you get sent on a fetch quest. There were also very few NPCs you ran into, so the entire sequence was just uninteresting.

Eldin was a bit more interesting and challenging. The cutscene with the kids is interesting, but it happens early on and so very little variety other than the exploding building actually occurs. This one is my least favorite, though, because the first time I played through it, I had a nasty headache. Plus the atmosphere is very...dull. I didn't mind the Twilight at all, in fact, I thought it was pretty cool, but Eldin is already dreary. Add in the Twilight and it's downright unpleasant.

Lanayru was my favorite of the three and I wish the other two had been more like it. The bugs were spread out, so you actually had to explore a bit, and there were some other things added in that made the sequence more interesting. Plus the mini-boss fight at the end was refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom