• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Which Title Would You Like To Relive For the First Time Again?

Fig

The Altruist
If there is one game I truly want to relive again, it would have to be the Wind Waker! The Wind Waker was my third Zelda game that I ever played and as a kid, I thought the art style of the game reminded me of those Saturday morning cartoons that I would be so eager to wake up too. I remember seeing the game box containing the Wind Waker and with the help of my brother, we were able to coax our mother into buying the game. That game had a great sense of exploration and simply creating a feel of a huge world to the player was beyond me. No matter how much I did in the game, it always seemed that there was still so much to do in the game, even the littlest of things such as marking every single island was a thrill of its own for me and that's a plus! Ah, Wind Waker you truly a Masterpiece! Hey I love Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask as much as the next guy, but for me Wind Waker is simply a tale for me that I would love to relive (and I somewhat can do that with the help of my copy of the Wind Waker HD)! :D

Last edited:

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Majora's Mask. I enjoyed it so much as a kid, but I think I didn't really understand the themes and topics hidden in the game as I do now. I'd love to play that game again for the first time!

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The Wind Waker. The world just felt so open then, and I felt there was no limit to what I could do. I had no clue what awaited me in the great sea and was excited to explore it. Not to mention, the first time hearing the soundtrack was AMAZING!!!

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Definitely The Wind Waker. It was my favorite as a kid and it still is now. It had such an open world, an amazing sound track, and I loved the cartoony style graphics. When I first played through it, I had this feeling that I had never felt before when playing a game. I would always be eager to play it whenever I got home from school. There wasn't a single thing in that game that would bore me. Some might argue that sailing and the Triforce Quest were tedious, but as a kid, I didn't really mind. In fact, it made me love the game even more because of all the exploration that I was doing. Wind Waker will always be my favorite Zelda unless they make a good sequel of it. Experiencing it for the first time again would make me so happy. I would be able to feel that amazing sense of exploration for the first time again. I would get to listen to that amazing sound track for the first time again. Ahhhh... Imma go play it again right now. :D

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Tough question. Replaying a certain title again for the first time but under different life circumstances changes how you would view the game. I might not look so fondly at OoT or MM if I had never played it before and only just started playing them in 2014 as someone in his mid-20's, instead of an impressionable 12-year-old. I might also be more willing to replay WW for the first time due to its vibrant visuals, unaware of the migraine-inducing Triforce quest late in the game. So considering that: I know how the game eventually pans out (before presumably having my memories erase so I can legitimately play it blindly 'for the first time'), and I would be playing the game under different circumstances than when I first played it, my answer would be:

Skyward Sword. The first time through was an absolute blast. I loved getting lost in the jungle gym of an overworld. I loved getting my butt handed to me on a platter until I was forced to get better at playing it. I loved being forced to come up with alternative strategies than the simple hack-&-slash that I had grown accustomed to in Zelda. I love the way the story really connected me to Zelda as a character and made me really care about her well-being and cause me to go to hell and back for her. I loved that your sidekick was actually helpful for a change (though on subsequent playthroughs she gets pretty annoying). I loved the Studio Ghibli-esque feel of the game, from the floating city to the soundtrack & art design to the sense of adventure present throughout to the way it can tug at the heartstrings. I... was weirded out by Ghirahim at first, but the final section of the game redeemed his character for me. And Demise was (& still is) the single hardest boss I've ever had to fight, bar none.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I would love to relive Twilight Princess. During the time I was playing that I was having a hard time with life, and as odd as it sounds, that's all I had to look forward to upon coming home after school. Playing through Twilight Princess was one of the best playthroughs I've ever gone through, and I've unfortunately had to sell the game.

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
I would probably choose Skyward Sword. Yeah, it wasn't too long ago, and other games have been amazing (More amazing, it's true) the first time around, but seeing SS for the first time, my mouth just gaped at the beauty and elegance of this new, amazing game and how far the series had come. It isn't very nostalgia-ridden, and it was only a few years ago, but it was a great day, bringing home this amazing game and playing it for the first time.

It's Ocarina of Time for me.

My first playthrough of OoT was a travesty. I remember getting it (along with the N64) for Christmas when I was 12, and it was the first game I ever owned. But, I am ashamed to admit, I was at that time in no way committed to the craft of beating a videogame, and whenever I got stuck (starting with Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly) a friend of mine would beat that part for me. On top of missing entire stretches of the game this way, I then lost the cartridge three-quarters of the way through. Years later I got a hold of another copy and did it right, but I would love to be able to go back and do it right the first time.

starkium

Master Swordsman
Ocarina of Time. It was my first Zelda game and was my first video game I've ever played. I would like to see a "true-true" remake of Ocarina of Time running on Cryengine 3. Then I can experience the game again in super realistic graphics.

This is probably necro for this thread by now, but I thought you'd like to know my studio is remaking OOT in cryengine and possibly connecting it to MM ;)

Have fun with that thought.

Sheik

:the:
Skyward Sword, actually. It was my *official* first Zelda game (I had played a small bit of OoT before it). Anyways, I'm not sure why, but the first time I played SS, I enjoyed it incredibly. Going back and playing it today, I'm not enjoying it quite as much as that first playthrough.

Pen

The game is on!
Certainly Twilight Princess for me. While it wasn't the first Zelda game I played, nor that I owned, it was the first Zelda game I beat (and beat 100%). That must have been about six years ago now. I had so much fun exploring that game's every corner. ^^ Dammit, man! Now I got all nostalgic from just thinking about it! :mad:

Anyway, I think Skyward Sword comes at a pretty close second place. Mainly because I had been looking forward to that game for so long, my expectations were super high. When I eventually got to play it, the game did indeed live up to my great expectations.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Wind Waker for me. Skyward Sword is a close second. I've replayed the other Zeldas many times through, but I can't replay Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. Wind Waker has the Triforce quest that I find annoying to do every time (once was enough for me!), and Skyward Sword doesn't have enough open world/exploration to keep me interested in a second play through. But the first time around for both of these games was fantastic! And I love the vibrant visual style.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Hmm, this is an interesting question. And I have two different answers, depending on how I'm supposed to interpret said question.

If it's supposed to mean 'Which game do you want all your memories erased of so you can try it again with a fresh perspective?', then I would choose OoT or TP. I watched my father play those games when I was young and too scared to try them myself, so by the time I did play them, I already felt familiar with everything and they both left me with that same bored feeling. I think if I tried to play them as my first time experiencing them, they'd be a lot more fun.

But if the question means 'Which game would you love to go back in time to your real first experience playing it and re-experience everything you felt back then?', it would hands down be Skyward Sword. I loved, and I mean loved Skyward Sword my first playthrough. The story intrigued me, the puzzles actually puzzeld me, the characters were endearing and it was so much FUN. But when I tried to play it again, the overworlds felt kind of boring, and the linear progression combined with Fi's repeating of EVERY tip the other characters would give you made me wonder how I had never noticed such grating mechanics before. I still don't know how, but I want to go back to when I didn't.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Im torn between ALttP and Twilight Princess. ALttP started everything Zelda in my life, and i still remember the way i felt the first time i roamed Hyrule and so surprised by the dark world. If that were new again.... i think id cry!

I only say TP cuz of the complete amazement i felt that they made a realistic looking game with a somewhat mature theme, I was the transition compared to past games that got me, The Wii U title coming i think is the only chance of having that feeling again!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom