• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Which Title Would You Like To Relive For the First Time Again?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Playing a Zelda game for the first time is a moment I'll never forget. I always highly anticipate my first run through of any given title in the series; It's usually that playthrough which I enjoy the most. No matter how many times I replay that game it will never beat my first experience and I think that's the case with a lot of us.

Anyway straight to the topic, which title would you like to relive again if you could and why?

If I could play a Zelda game for the first time again, I'd play A Link to the Past. It's the first Zelda game I owned, and unfortunately, while stuck at the Helmasaur King, I lost the game (along with the SP it was in). I'd love to have a second chance and play it through all the way on my first go.

Also, I find that for my favorite games, ALttP and MM, the experience gets more enjoyable with each playthrough. But the first time is definitely magical.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Ocarina of Time. It was my first Zelda game and was my first video game I've ever played. I would like to see a "true-true" remake of Ocarina of Time running on Cryengine 3. Then I can experience the game again in super realistic graphics.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I'd like to experience the original LoZ at an older age than when I did at around 9.

bunny

birb overlord
In all honesty, Twilight Princess. It's one of those cases where the fandom has made you dislike something you previously loved. I still enjoy the game a lot, just not as much as I did when I first played it. That's why it'd be nice to play it over for the first time.

Ocarina of Time. It wasn't just my first Zelda game; it was also one of the first games I played that wasn't side-scrolling. I'd never experienced a game with so much stuff in it before, and with a world so big with so much to explore in it, and at the time it felt almost magical. I'd love to re-live that first playthrough over again. (Though... minus the zillion times that I got stuck in it.)

This is a seriously great question. In reality I would love to be able to pick all of them again. Majora's Mask has been my favorite video game since 2000; I just loved exploring the world of Termina and figuring out how things interact with each other. Link's Awakening was the first game I ever owned and really got a chance to play. Ocarina of Time to an extent, but I actually have the OoT book that reads like a novel and I read it before playing the game because I didn't even realize it was a game at the time.

But if I really had pick just one, I would definitely have to go with the original "The Legend of Zelda". It was my first taste of the Zelda series, even if I only got to play it a handful of times at a friends house, but when I finally did get to play it I already knew certain secrets and had a decent idea of what I was doing. I would love to go back and play the game completely without help from people who had already beaten the game. I feel like as gamers, we have become less mystified by certain things that were a huge part of gaming back in the day. We always expect maps/minimaps and directions telling us where to go. I would love to thrown into that expansive 2D world and figure out where to go and what to do through trial and error while using pen and paper to map the world out along the way. :D

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
Majora's mask. I rushed through the game the first time and I think it ruined my overall experiences (Not to mention the 6+ times I tried to replay it, but my save file or game gets deleted after Woodfall) I would like to replay and take my time, hopefully I would find it all the more exciting!

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Hmm, it's definitely between ALttP and OoT. If I could I would say both, simply because these were the very first games that made me fall in love with the series. I was immediately addicted to the plot, characters, and awesome soundtracks. Replaying them makes me feel like a kid again, though I wish I could appreciate it as much as I did the first time around.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I'd really really really like to experience the original "The Legend of Zelda" for the first time again. Unfortunately, I had watched the entirety of Mases' video walkthrough of the game before I ever got a copy of it, so I already knew where to go when I first played it. Being able to find every collectable in that game on my own would have been a very satisfying feeling, I imagine.

Second place would definitely go to ALBW; that game was full of amazing puzzles and gameplay elements I'd love to play through it for the first time again.

I would relish the attempt to be able to play Twilight Princess for the first time again. Words almost can't describe just how absorbed I got into it, and how much I loved every single bit of it. It had so many throwbacks, and I got every single one of them. Song of Healing, Serenade of Water, all the familiar locales, the darker atmosphere, it was one of the best times I've ever had with a video game. I was think of saying Ocarina of Time, but then I thought..... I had more fun playing Twilight Princess as a teenager than I did playing Ocarina as a little kid, mainly because TP was such a throwback to OoT in ways that I could fully appreciate.

Plus TP is a very good game in its own right. The story is pretty solid, it returned back to traditional Hyrule, and was pretty much what I consider the penultimate 3D Zelda experience. I would be over-joyed if Wii U Zelda tried to do the same thing that TP did, just so I could attempt to capture all those emotions of playing it brand new all over again.

Salem

SICK
Actually you know what? I would like to add TP and SS to my list, mainly because I liked playing them the first time, it's only with later playthroughs that I felt full blunt of their annoyances, specially SS, I didn't mind Fi too much at first, half-way through my first playthough I hated her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom