• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Game Holds the Most Nostalgia Value for You? (CLASSIC TITLES ONLY!)

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
I was wondering, as my title suggests, which classic zelda game do you hold nearest and dearest to your heart? Which one do you have the most awesome memories with? Mine is Ocarina of Time, easily. Remember the theme as you ran through Hyrule Feild for the first tiime? I sure do. Or up death mountain? Riding epona outta lon lon ranch? Easily, the awesome locales and the great time I had trying to figure out some devoiius puzzles with my good buddy, Blackicecc, made this game the most nostalgic in the Zelda series for me. How about you guys?

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Same here. Ocarina of Time, very easily. Although ALttP was my first Zelda title, I was really young when I played it, and was old enough to actually understand OoT when it came out, and it just felt so epic. It will always be the most nostalgic one for me.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
(I still don't consider OoT one of the classics...)

Sooo, probably AoL. ALttP is my favorite, and the original Zelda is my first, but.... I dunno. By the time I picked up AoL, I was much better at handling the controller. I loved how much more the "fairytale"ness had been developed. I also remember being so thrown off by the side scrolling and RPG elements and having to rely on my dad for help... so yeah, when I play The Adventure of Link, I definitely feel much more nostalgia from that game compared to any of the other games.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
The original is actually my only choice, but I do feel nostalgia for it. We didn't own it so I had to borrow it from a friend, but in a way that made it nice because it was one of the few my dad didn't try to beat before me. And for some reason I still remember chatting with a friend and marveling at how devious the entrance to the eighth dungeon was for the second quest. If I hadn't enjoyed it enough to seek out years later I probably would have quit playing the games after my first hilariously bad attempt at playing a 3D title. Glad I persevered. :)

Poké!

√∞ⁿ
Ocarina of Time. It was the first Zelda game I ever saw anyone play and I loved watching them play it, and when I got it, it took forever to arrive, but I was VERY excited to finally put it in my N64 and play the heck out of it. I haven't beaten it yet though. :P

And then there's the music and the story, plus all the cutscenes as well as the gameplay to make it even more awesome then just the gold Cartridge it is.

OoS was the first game I played that could be considered classic. Honestly, the first game I played was OoS, followed by WW, followed by OoT/ MQ. None of them hold nostalgia for me really. The one I got most nostalgic over was TTP on my recent playthrough. I remembered it being so difficult back then and was raring to get at a good challenge. I found myself beating everything so easily...

OotLord1003

Young Link
Yup, Oot was very much close to my early memories. It has very much classic music, and lots of great gameplay.
Also Majora's Mask, I played this gamealot a brings alot of memories, so these are My most heartfelt games.

13foxes

For me, it's MM. (although Alttp was my first Zelda game)

At first glance, it's pretty short with only 4 temples and had no twist in the story. But, when I got into the side quests, I think it's the most in-deep game in the series. It told me so much about friendship, love, and belief. Believe in yourself, and believe in your friends. Because Anju and Kafei believed in each other, they could hold a happy reunion even in the last seconds before the moon fell down. Because the workers and the soldiers didn't believe in what the others said, it led to a big argument. And, if the Skull Kid didn't doubt his friend, the 4 giants, everything wouldn't happen, the moon wouldn't fall, everyone could live their normal lives and enjoy the carnival together.

Another thing that made MM memorable to me is its dark theme. The moon was falling down, the people was scared, depressed, taking refuge,... But, they couldn't do anything to stop the moon. And the three-day circle kept repeating, it's like telling you that you can't go against your fate, no matter what you do.

Until now, I still can't understand many things about the game, like the mysterious Happy Masks Sales Man, and the whole Termina itself. And I just love mysterious things.

( Sorry for bad English :P)

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
I have to disagree with Zenox. Zelda brings me a ton of nostalgia. Oh, and my second most nostalgic game in the series was Majoras Mask. The locales were epic!

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
I think nostalgia wise, Ocarina of Time has my heart. The sheer size of the plot that unfolds, the complexity of the temples, and the realization that you as link, is the Hero of Time.

H

Haneul

For me, OoA was the most nostalgic Zelda game to me since it was the first Zelda game I played while I was in Elementary School. =)

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
Oot and MM for the better visuals, audio and gameplay. Idk, I guess I'm just too young to appreciate lttp and the older games,+ the 2d games are just kind of shallow, at least playing them within the past decade or so.

G

goronslikefire

OOT or the first zelda, OOT I have played for a very long time, and the original was the first one I had

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
aLttP of course :) It was the first Zelda game I ever played and it was amazing! I started playing it around the year 1994 (when I was 6 or 7) and it took me 2 years to beat! No other game got me hooked up in such an extreme way so it will always have a place in my heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom