• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Did The Picori Go?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
the only game that has anything to do with the Picori is Minish Cap. Both Four Swords games involve the picori sword (although they call it the Four Sword in both games), but neither game mentions the picori race, so where did the picori go?

the best theory i could come up with is that the picori become the kokori due to the power of the deku tree. a long time after the happenings of Minish Cap, the Deku Tree appeared. many of the picori died out. there were very few picori left and the ones that were left were the picori that protected the forest. the Deku Tree used his magic to turn the picori into kokori so that they may better protect the forest (he makes them forever young so that they never die so they can protect the forest forever.

at the end of OoT, when the timeline splits and the Hyrule that has no Link is created, due to the Deku Tree dying, the magic protecting the kokori from growing old was destroyed. the new Deku Tree that was sprouted noticed this and turned them into the Koroks (the little wooden creatures in Wind Waker).

it is basically confirmed that the Koroks used to be Kokori. they are worshipers of the deku tree and travel the world planting seeds to grow a new land (and a new forest for them to live in). one of the sages you unlock in wind waker is a kokori who says that his descendant is a korok (how could a korok be related to a kokori unless the koroks used to be kokori).

due to the fact that the kokori are turned into koroks, i do not think it is a huge stretch to assume that the picori were changed into the kokori. if we know that the deku tree can change the kokori who is to say that they werent something before they were kokori and this would explain the picori disappearance.

my last reason is that the names connect in order of the changes i explained.

picori and kokori have the same ending (picORI and kokORI) and then the kokori and koroks is an obvious similarity (its just a couple letters changed around and the i replaced with an s).

what does everyone think of this theory?

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
Yeah i think that sounds right!

images
picori

images
kokori

images
korok

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Don't the Picori enter our world like once every 100 (1000?) years? Been a while since I played Minish Cap, but your theory does bring up some interesting points. Never really noticed the similar names, heh.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
It's a good theory and a nice way to put it :).

I'm under the impression that there have always been Picori though, at least ever since LttP. In Minish Cap we learn that they hide objects (rupees, hearts) under things like bushes, rocks, and pots. That's why we often find them there by looking under them. So, apparently there were Picori in the Dark World as well! Imagine that.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Don't the Picori enter our world like once every 100 (1000?) years? Been a while since I played Minish Cap, but your theory does bring up some interesting points. Never really noticed the similar names, heh.

im not 100% sure what the story is about that in MC and i just finished playing it like two weeks ago, but i dont think the picori show themselves every 100/1000 years because later on in the game the king says they only show themselves to children, so this would mean that no matter what, no matter how much time passed, only children would be able to see them. also, i think it was that they hold a festival in the picori's honor every 100 years or something like that.

It's a good theory and a nice way to put it :).

I'm under the impression that there have always been Picori though, at least ever since LttP. In Minish Cap we learn that they hide objects (rupees, hearts) under things like bushes, rocks, and pots. That's why we often find them there by looking under them. So, apparently there were Picori in the Dark World as well! Imagine that.

i dont think that it makes sense for them to have always been around. i understand the whole story as to how they put stuff under rocks and in pots etc.. to surprise humans but the creators obviously didnt have this in mind when they created all the games before MC. it might just be something they put to explain why there are always random hearts and money everywhere. i know it was something in the game, but how did the picori get into the dungeons and stuff to put the items there? Link has to go through a lot of crap in each dungeon and it wouldnt make sense for a tiny race of creatures to be able to just walk through gingerly and hide stuff. i like my theory about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

It has been awhile...
Well, I think you are on the right track but, the only problem is that the piccori were nowhere near the Great Deku Tree, so they couldn't have been transformed.

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
The facts are that a door to the human world opens every 100 years, and the festival is annual. Knowing that, I would assume that the Minish had entered the human world long ago and colonized the minish woods, Hyrule town, and basicaly every place in the human world. The door opens each 100 years, so more Minish would come or some would leave the human world. That's what makes sense to me anyway

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
i dont think that it makes sense for them to have always been around. i understand the whole story as to how they put stuff under rocks and in pots etc.. to surprise humans but the creators obviously didnt have this in mind when they created all the games before MC. it might just be something they put to explain why there are always random hearts and money everywhere. i know it was something in the game, but how did the picori get into the dungeons and stuff to put the items there? Link has to go through a lot of crap in each dungeon and it wouldnt make sense for a tiny race of creatures to be able to just walk through gingerly and hide stuff. i like my theory about it.

Well true but I don't think the creators had anything in mind when they made LoZ or LttP, I doubt they knew how far it would come. Thinking about the picori in the dark world is just fun speculation, just like time line theorists.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
yeah i guess thats true. i would think that if the picori were in the dark world then they would hide bad things instead of good things, but you still find the same items in the dark world..

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well, I think you are on the right track but, the only problem is that the piccori were nowhere near the Great Deku Tree, so they couldn't have been transformed.

for future refernce that really doesnt matter if they werent near the Deku Tree in MC. for all we know there could be like 500 years between MC and OoT (if that is the correct timeline order) so somewhere in that time period the Deku Tree could have appeared and transformed the picori into the kokori. as far as we know, the Deku Tree didnt even exist in MC but he does after that time period which means he eventually "grew" and he obviously grows in a forest and the only forest in MC is inhabited by Picori therefor my theory could VERY easily be correct, and if MC doesnt come before OoT on a timeline but rather after WW and PH like many people think, then the Deku Tree could have transformed the Koroks into the Picori. either way, it is a very plausible idea.

E

eArquilla

this entire theory relies on the extremely controversial timeline order.
from what i've read most don't think minish cap is first.

i have yet to form an opinion of that. i need to read more into it and get all the facts.
i already know your reasons for putting it first, they do bring up good points (the hat, no mention of a past link, etc) but that doesn't guarantee that it's first, only hints at best.

the link in ww doesn't have his entire outfit in the beginning but that's obviously not the first game

a more likely scenario is the picori are simply a predominately minor race in terms of significance to most zelda games, continue to hide rupees under rocks, and don't reveal themselves to link for lack of a need to (and he's not a kid in most of oot and all of tp)
while your theory is interesting and fun, it involves some pretty heavy evolution (appearance [size!] and behavioral) and is atop of a shaky timeline foundation

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
this entire theory relies on the extremely controversial timeline order.
from what i've read most don't think minish cap is first.

i have yet to form an opinion of that. i need to read more into it and get all the facts.
i already know your reasons for putting it first, they do bring up good points (the hat, no mention of a past link, etc) but that doesn't guarantee that it's first, only hints at best.

the link in ww doesn't have his entire outfit in the beginning but that's obviously not the first game

a more likely scenario is the picori are simply a predominately minor race in terms of significance to most zelda games, continue to hide rupees under rocks, and don't reveal themselves to link for lack of a need to (and he's not a kid in most of oot and all of tp)
while your theory is interesting and fun, it involves some pretty heavy evolution (appearance [size!] and behavioral) and is atop of a shaky timeline foundation

i understand that the appearance and size and behavior thing is a big change, but as stated before, the koroks used to be the kokori for sure. look at them and they look nothing alike. the koroks are smaller than the kokori, are made of wood, wear leaf macks, and have twig like things at the top of their heads. obviously it is not impossible for there to be THAT much change. and i said earlier, maybe if MC doesnt come first on the timeline and instead comes after WW/PH, then maybe the koroks are changed into the picori.

it would be extremely hard to argue that the picori are always still around because i would think it would be VERY hard for them to get to high ground after Hyrule is flooded (before WW) and the only way more picori can enter is every 100 years when the door to the sacred realm is open and allows them in, but the door to the sacred realm would be underwater so the ones that would enter would drown unless they can swim from the bottom of the ocean to the top of the ocean without drowning first (highly unlikely).

the picori were just a cute excuse as to why there are items under rocks, nothing more. it is not at all a stretch to think my theory could be correct no matter where you put MC on the timeline. the only difference would be what race turns into them or is created from them based on where you put MC in the timeline.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i would appreciate it if people actually gave real insight on the topics. its annoying getting a new post and it being something not taken seriously at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom