• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda Game Would You Like to See on the 3DS?

what i think would be interesting, if Nintendo is making a 3DS version of Mario 3 reimagined, maybe they can do the same with the classic Zelda games other than OOT like Link to The Past, Link's Awakening, even Zelda 1 and 2 just reimaginings of all those titles

Garo

Boy Wonder
I still want to see Majora's Mask in some form.

But, as far as a new Zelda experience goes, a console-like experience. Not Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks style, not top-down 2D, not side-scrolling 2D - OoT style 3D Zelda goodness. Oh yes.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I would like Nintendo to spend their time making a totally new Zelda experience, for me, playing Ocarina of Time in 3D doesn't have the same wow factor the original had and I would like to feel that wow feeling again with a totally new experience. As for what I want the game to be like, I may be a loner on this, but I would really like another Cel-Shaded birds eye view game, like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I don't know why but I think a game that would follow Link's Awakening's elements and have Cel-Shaded graphics would be an amazing game. As for things I don't want in the game, they are as follows, a central dungeon, operating a vehicle, and controlling a different character. The reason I don't want of any one of those things is because I believe they have stayed their welcome and I would like Nintendo to try new ideas and keep the series fresh. Thanks for listening to my little speech, and I'll see you around.
-Tony

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
None, while MM would be a good choice, I would very well love it if they left Zelda alone for like 2 or 3 years after SS releases.

That would just make people mad. I'm not sure if anyone would want to have to wait 2-3 years longer than it already takes to create a new Zelda game. Nintendo's current average time between Zelda games is about 2-3 years.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Majora's Mask as a full remake. The Oracle Series, the GBA version of A Link to the Past (linked up with the DSi version of Four Swords that is coming up), and The Minish Cap on the eShop.

Something new. I don't understand the big clamoring for a Majora's Mask remake. Unlike Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask doesn't have any reason to be remade, at all. OoT had two major reasons:

1. It was a critically acclaimed title, best game of all time, and was the most famous Zelda title. Remaking it for the anniversary makes sense. Not for Majora's Mask though. It's just another game, so if they remake it then they should remake the entire series, which clearly is a pointless endeavor; we'd never see a new game. Not for like 10 years.

2. Ocarina of Time suffered from one major flaw that was easy to fix: its graphics. They looked okay for their time but by now they're quite dated. Taking the most beloved game in the series and making it look gorgeous just makes sense. Majora's Mask looks far better by comparison, and it's no where near as beloved. Any other "flaws" Majora's Mask might have, like the time cycle or difficulty, are key components of the game, bad or not, and there's no way they'd be changed in a remake.

There's no reason to look to the past for games on the 3DS. That's just holding back the hardware, which is capable of new experiences and is wasted on old ones. People are just fangasming over the idea of a remake without thinking about the relevance or value of one logically. <_<

Ocarina of Time 3D didn't even effectively use the 3D technology. They should make a new Zelda game that is made for the console. I want to see what new ideas and experiences they can come up with, not dwell in the past with old titles that still stand fine on their own. OoT 3D made sense, but no other remakes do. We need a new game, a new experience, and new ideas. So the Zelda series can move forward. :)

If you think about it, the Zelda series has been stuck in a rut for a while, never coming up with many new ideas and just reusing the same formula. Skyward Sword seems to be changing that, but there's no reason for them to not do that on all fronts. Making more remakes would just be more of the same, except worse since instead of new games with the same style, it's just pumping out the same old games. Not changing is something the series has been criticized for, and while I don't think it's necessarily always bad, I think getting lost in a tide of remakes is different; far more extreme and problematic.

I would love to see new games as well as remakes on the 3DS. I am a very big supporter of Majora's Mask 3D for this and only this reason. Majora's mask had so many glitches and i mean so many, such as the game froze up every once in a while and you can mess the whole game up with a few other glitches.

Remakes would be great but they aren't important; even Ocarina of Time wasn't that important of a remake. I would love to see something completely new that would stretch the capabilities of the 3DS to near it's limit.

It's just another game, so if they remake it then they should remake the entire series, which clearly is a pointless endeavor; we'd never see a new game. Not for like 10 years.
Not to cherry pick but...that argument is invalid, Nintendo has thought of that. Do you think they stopped Skyward Sword for Ocarina of time 3D? No they got another company to do it, and that's probably what they're going to do if they wanted more remakes made.

I want to see A Link to the Past on 3DS. It would also be cool to see Link's Awakening (together with ALttP, but on a different cart. Heheh. Too much to ask?)

Teal

Useful Help.
I would love to see Wind Waker or Majora's Mask but i would rather a new freshly made Zelda game for the 3DS since usally every nintendo platformer has a new fresh Zelda game the only Nintendo console i can think of that does not have a Zelda game is the Virtual Boy since it had a short life span.

Tael.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom