• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What We Can Confirm About the Game

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Actually, now that I have the time to sit down and read the actual GI scans, I finally got some context to some of the quotes revealed two days ago. They said there was "a tiny seal-like enemy called a ‘Pyrup’ [that] hides beneaths rocks and inside walls", encountered in the Eldin Volcano area. Looking at that enemy I posted above, and taking all context into account, p.sure that little critter is a Pyrup.

Btw, Pyrups breathe fire and are killed by bombs. I'm getting a very funny mental image of that cute little thing breathing fire at me, and then a sad mental image of them blowing up. [/tangent]

Last edited:

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Speaking of Game Informer images...

5CtY

Do we have the slightest clue what this thing is? Because I forget what we have or have not seen yet.

Remember the GDC trailer? That thing was in a little rocky shell and Link had to throw a bomb into it and then it flailed around a bit before exploding?

[video=youtube;daoOSfetFiI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daoOSfetFiI[/video]

Skip to :40

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Remember the GDC trailer? That thing was in a little rocky shell and Link had to throw a bomb into it and then it flailed around a bit before exploding?

That totally slipped my attention the first time around. That pretty much confirms that enemy as the Pyrup then, since Pyrups were described as fire-breathing, hiding in the wall/under rocks, and killed by bombs:
[...]They said there was "a tiny seal-like enemy called a ‘Pyrup’ [that] hides beneaths rocks and inside walls", encountered in the Eldin Volcano area. [...] Pyrups breathe fire and are killed by bombs. [...][/tangent]

On a random note, those things are bloody adorable for some reason. SO glad the trailer only showed the rock exploding and not the Pyrup itself XD

Last edited:

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I just have to say that I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!! I have had it pre-orderd for 3 YEARS!!! (Just recently upgraded to collectors edition) I can't wait until November 20th!!!!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
ZZZ.jpg

Possibly that the mysterious girl is a Sheikah, due to the marking going down her stomach.

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
^I believe that's only the case in Eldin Volcano. The Mogma's have shattered the key to the Fire Temple, supposedly because they don't want you in there. When you find them though, they warn you to look out for the 'red guys' that went in there.

Or, maybe they saw them go in and destroyed the key so no one could get in and be harmed by whomever the red guys may be.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
[video=youtube;rGThOOOb3fQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGThOOOb3fQ[/video]

Got it up on the original post in a convenient location in the text.

I've taken the liberty of counting the boxes on the grid and have come up with 30 x 16. If anyone can figure out how large, roughly, each individual square represents than we can figure out the size of the sky. Maths to the rescue!

Edit: Skyloft takes up about 4 unit squares, therefore, I estimate the sky overworld map to be roughly equivalent to 120 Skylofts.

Did anyone else notice that friggin' huge vortex of cloud on the left. What's hiding behind there?

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't know exactly what is underneath those clouds, but I do know that one of two outcomes is possible:

A) Entire section completely unrelated to the plot of SS.
:cool: Entire section to be cleared that is plot-controlled.

How do I come to those two conclusions? Because, the game map simply is not decorated with clouds just for 'teh lulz'. Nintendo would do something completely different, I'm sure.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Flying Monster.jpg

I would first like to draw attention to that flying monster thing that you can see periodically when Link is falling towards that treasure chest.

Clawshot Medallion.jpg

Secondly, you can see a clawshot medallion near the top of the entrance to the Fire Dungeon in Eldin Volcano with what looks like a door adjacent to it. This means we will have to enter the dungeons multiple times (as already confirmed before with the Sky Temple) but I think this gives us an idea at the extent of which "back-tracking" will be implemented in this game. They're really mixing up the formula with this one.

Last edited:
View attachment 17643

I would first like to draw attention to that flying monster thing that you can see periodically when Link is falling towards that treasure chest.

View attachment 17644

Secondly, you can see a clawshot medallion near the top of the entrance to the Fire Dungeon in Eldin Volcano with what looks like a door adjacent to it. This means we will have to enter the dungeons multiple times (as already confirmed before with the Sky Temple) but I think this gives us an idea at the extent of which "back-tracking" will be implemented in this game. They're really mixing up the formula with this one.

That's interesting, but where exactly do you expect that clawshot hook to lead? A higher floor in the dungeon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom