• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What We Can Confirm About the Game

Ariel

Think for yourself.
That's interesting, but where exactly do you expect that clawshot hook to lead? A higher floor in the dungeon?

Well, what I'm speculating is that our first play through of dungeons will not be the whole dungeon. There may be points of inaccessibility that we must come back to in order to obtain some things or maybe even to further the plot.

This has been done very, very, limitedly before in Ocarina of Time, where you needed to re-enter some dungeons for golden skulltulas and in Twilight Princess for that one treasure chest in the Goron Mines. I think this will be expanded on much in this game, and thus, it excites me. There's speculation that Volvagia will be in Skyward Sword because of the picture on the door, maybe he will be a later boss?

I'm spit balling here.

Eh, all that backtracking to former dungeons could run the risk of being just as bad as the old formula, if the story nudges you too often. A good deal of it should be very subtle hints somehow, like mention there is some unrest in an area that needs exploring again, but don't tell where.. I dunno, like some description like "an area that was very tall and mountainous", but that's still too obvious

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I believe today's issue of NGamer will have some exclusive details on Skyward Sword, not sure if it's sold where I live, so, if anyone can get access to it somehow, that'd be awesome. :D

I believe today's issue of NGamer will have some exclusive details on Skyward Sword, not sure if it's sold where I live, so, if anyone can get access to it somehow, that'd be awesome. :D

You think it'll be something new? I think giving out even more new details would be spoiling too much on Nintendo's part.
I think it's just going to be Eldin Volcano and Fire Temple again.

I found a PDF file of the NGamer issue and it's hardly even that. It's got a couple things Game Informer said, plus a lot of old stuff. This wouldn't be a problem but their writing style is VERY stuffy and pretentious and makes me wanna gag.

I found a PDF file of the NGamer issue and it's hardly even that. It's got a couple things Game Informer said, plus a lot of old stuff. This wouldn't be a problem but their writing style is VERY stuffy and pretentious and makes me wanna gag.

lol that's hilarious. So far for exciting new details or screenshots.
Oh wel, at least we still have two more videos from Game Informer...

Personally, I'm happy NGamer didn't get access to anything that Game Informer did not. Nintendo knows what it is doing with this pre-release info, as usual. They're only releasing very early game info, that way we won't be spoiled too much. And that's good because I really don't want to know too much about the game, yet at the same time I can't resist reading/watching. Oh well, playing a game is always more fun than watching it. Even if I've seen an area countless times in previews, I'll always enjoy it in a new way when I play the game.

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
I'm curious as to what is that weird glowing gear behind Zelda in one of the more recent trailers. Ghirahim's dungeon perhaps. Hopefully we get to face Ghirahim several times throughout the game like King Bulbin.
Also, I think you may need to hit Ghirahim atop of the boss statue's head, but probably after hitting the crystal that it's trying to protect.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
We can confirm that to go from day to night, you have to go to sleep for the change to happen. The HUD is able to be almost completely removed as well.

YOU CAN ONLY SAVE WHILE USING THE SAVE STATUES, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SAVE ON A WHIM IN SKYWARD SWORD.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
1. Ghirahim is not the main antagonist; he's stated that he needs to wake up his resurrect his "master."
And,
2. The Sky Whale is just a dream Link has.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Sky Whale is just a dream Link has.
I guess this ends that one thread that was erected way back in May. I'm happy though, because Zelda may not HAVE to face that back of a fate. It also indicates that Link cares – a lot – about that girl.

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Well, Zelda's father, the one that looks like Rauru/Kaepora Gaebora, is named Gaebora. Coincidence? Also, you have to chase Fi around Skyloft after being saved by your bird and waking up in your bed.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Well, Zelda's father, the one that looks like Rauru/Kaepora Gaebora, is named Gaebora. Coincidence? Also, you have to chase Fi around Skyloft after being saved by your bird and waking up in your bed.

Looking at the scans closer, the name is actually spelled Gaepora, which is like a combination of Kaepora Gaebora. I'm anticipating a lot of misspellings of this poor fellow's name.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
The old guy is Zelda's father and it's name is "Gaepora" a clear reference to Kaepora Gaebora, sword beam is called "Skyward Strike", the gray cubes down in hyrule are called "Goddess Cubes", the Skyward Sword is actually named "Goddess Sword", the bully is called "Groose", the Fire Dungeon is actually "Earth Temple"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom