• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the Most Frusterating Mini Game and Why?

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Bombchu bowling is perhaps the most frustrating for me. It always hits somethingggg and I scream in frustration. The crane game in Link's Awakening used to really piss me off before I got the hang of it.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
Wow, Bombchu bowling was a hard one, I totally forgaot about this one... the hardest one was the goron dancing mini game. just because of this mini game I can't beat OoA, im just bad at it, I passed the first one with the blue one but the one with the red goron is just so hard for me...

CZG

Bombchu bowling alley in MM. I think that one was the worst.
This game is more based on luck than on aiming skills and timing.
Plus, if I remember it right, you have to play it at least 5 times to get all the available prizes.
Of course, you'll fail when they got the heartcontainer or the bomb bag as a prize.

I agree that the Deku Shrub playground in MM was horrible too.
It's not even that hard and the first time it's quite fun. When replaying this game however, it's too slow for a timed game.

Digging in ALttP was fairy random and wouldn't guarantee a win, but at least it's fun to do.
The chest game however, is just as random, but more boring and expensive, so it usually takes longer to get.

Luckily, there are also a bunch of good minigames that I like a lot. Mainly all the shooting galleries, especially the harder ones like the Swamp Shooting Gallery in MM and the horseback archery in OoT. Why? You are in control!

That reminds me, I didn't really like the Goron Rolling Race in MM either. Sometimes you win by great lenghts, other times, you have to try over and over. I never understood races like this. It hasn't got that much to do with skill somehow.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I normally skip the minigames since there's very few I actually see a reason to do, but of the ones I've tried, the most frustrating ones were anything that involved aiming a projectile in OoT or MM. That includes the Slingshot target games and all the archery games, particularly the Gerudo Archery game. I think since I played TP on the Wii before OoT, I never managed to get used to aiming with a control stick when the Wiimote made aiming effortless.

There was also TP's Rollgoal. I started ripping my hair out after a few levels since I could never hold the Wiimote steady enough. I feel so uncoordinated.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
That reminds me, I didn't really like the Goron Rolling Race in MM either. Sometimes you win by great lenghts, other times, you have to try over and over. I never understood races like this. It hasn't got that much to do with skill somehow.

Oh my goodness! I forgot all about the goron racing game. The game is frustrating as it is, but my N64 controller analog was broken so it was really hard to activate the spikes. However once I got it going, if another goron hit me wrong and I lost them, that practically meant I had to start all over. Those gorons don't place nice. They bump into each other and try to make one another crash. Everytime I actually make it to the finish line, with the 2 seconds I have, I get up and goron punch the nearest goron. And the worst part is (spoiler) that you couldn't skip it unless you wanted to go the whole game without a gilded sword.

The most frustrating mini-game to me would have to be Roll-Goal in TP. It takes a lot of patience and balance, and I do not have a lot of patience. It felt like Kirby Tilt n' Tumble all over again... except on a bigger screen. Plus, the end prize, the Frog lure, sucks in my opinion.

i found bombchu bowling very easy.

without even hesitating this spot can only go to that stupid feed the weird creatures mini game in the oracle of ages on the crescent moon island

octorok74

TETTAC
I hated the bombchu bowling minigame. The small cucco was easy to get past, but the big one, oh the big one. The big cucco always purposely went towards the bombchu. If there is one cucco I would enjoy to completely destroy, it would be the giant one at the bombchu bowling alley.

I would have to say the Beaver race in Majoras Mask to get the bottle. Especially after finaly beating him and waiting for my reward, only to have his brother come down and then having to beat him as well. Wasn't happy about that turn of events.

I also gave up on that mini game at the fishing hole in Twilight Princess. I made it thru several levels, but it eventually became almost impossible.

OotLord1003

Young Link
Geez I like all the mini games in Zelda EXEPT FOR THE GORON RACE TRACK IN MM
it took me a good four weeks to get that down, so I fornd out that you must knock the goron ahead of you to the side and jump in front of him to win. It was hard. But it for the Golden Sword so it was worth it.

Austin

Austin
You know, I just went through the Bombchu bowling game again, and what bothers me most isn't the game itself, but that bomb bag and heart piece aren't guaranteed prizes. Most other mini games (take the shooting galleries for example) have one prize you can win. But with this one, you had to keep playing until you got the prize you wanted. I mean, I used bombchus in the Spirit Temple, and that was it. I don't need them as a prize.

Also, who the hell uses live farm animals as barriers?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
You know, I just went through the Bombchu bowling game again, and what bothers me most isn't the game itself, but that bomb bag and heart piece aren't guaranteed prizes. Most other mini games (take the shooting galleries for example) have one prize you can win. But with this one, you had to keep playing until you got the prize you wanted. I mean, I used bombchus in the Spirit Temple, and that was it. I don't need them as a prize.

Also, who the hell uses live farm animals as barriers?

And to top it off, if you're like me the one time the prize you want is up there is the one time you'll completely choke. Or you'll come real colose and BAM that cucoo gets in the way at the last second.

I would have to say that all of the steps to reunite Kafei and Anju in Majora's Mask is the most frustrating mini game ever! If u miss one appointment, u have to start over! I hate trying to get the sun mask in Sakon's cave, and if he sees u outside, u have to start over too. it sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom