• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the Inspiration for Your Username/user Title?

Well mines pretty simple, Im a fan of any type of Link. Preferably ocarina of time/ and majoras mask link but hes cool in every game, so yea.....

X

XBLADE30

My username.. From Birth by Sleep.. I thought the X-blade (pronounced keyblade) looked cool.. of course when mentioning said blade, a letter X isn't exactly used... but it looks like an X... You know what, it's hard to explain, go play Birth by Sleep. lol

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
A nickname given to me by my older sister as an 'inside joke' when we were both dumb weaboos; that was eons ago.
I know, it's childish and lame, and I swear, I'm not like that anymore, but the name kinda stuck.

Since then, I've used this name everywhere; I hope that my character compensates for this stupid name :U
Or perhaps it makes me look even worse?

My user title? Well, it's pretty self explanatory.
A person who tries to be sociable who is horrible at socializing in general.
Inspired by a quote from Egoraptor!

Last edited:
W

Wolfs

this is a very interesting question.

well, it all started when I turned around 11. I used to be very night active then one person called me out of nowhere Nightwolf. so during the time I was still very active at nights my friends and other acquaintances started calling me that.

with the age of 14 I got my dog (a pretty big Mastiff like dog) I changed my day and night rhythm. nightwolf did not fit me anymore. then I was looking for a long time and went through usernames like ying-yan-wolf (as I'm a very quite yet still very liked person in RL), Metalwolf (as I've been a metal listener for 11 years now since the age of 11). then I had a short streak like 6 month trying to change it to dragon. this did not fit to my personality at all which made me give up on that idea soon.

well, a year or 3 went by. I turned 17. I saw a program on TV which talked about how to make remember-able usernames and one of the points was making a grammatically incorrect word. this made me think, how if I take it very simple like Wolf. well, for every language I know Wolv, wolf are correctly spelled in a language I speak. Eventually I came up to the idea of adding an s on the end of the name. this led me to try it out, it worked fairly fine, English speaking people seem to have slight problems pronouncing the name but in other languages it works fine.

then one day I came across a person who speaks dutch, I told him very much the same story and he told me that one could grammatically correctly say in dutch "op zijn wolfs" but so I came to the conclusion that really rarely in any rare case made any sense to write it that way. so I kept the name.

lastly this username is pretty much not google-able which is very nice with a couple of tens of millions hits one does not easily track my username.

so I ended up keeping it and use it for 5 years now and works fine for me.

greetings Wolfs

zombiegamer723

The Hylian Zombie
zombie: I love zombies!
gamer: Pretty obvious
723: My favorite numbers, 72, and 23, squished together.

The Hylian Zombie: Pretty obvious, considering my account on a Zelda site and my love for zombies.

M

MudditheMudkip

Well, whenever I start a new game in the third generation, I always pick Mudkip as my starter. The first one I got was a female (which is really rare) and so I named it Muddi. All of the other times I've always named my Mudkip Muddi (yes, even if it is a boy) and I guess the name just stuck with me to the internet. Plus, it's an alliteration, so it's doubly awesome. :P

"Axle the Beast" is a composite of two Mega Man X boss characters. Axle the Red from Mega Man X5, and Slash Beast from Mega Man X4. At the time I made this username (several years ago), Mega Man was my favorite game series and these were my two favorite bosses from either game. Ironically, Axle the Red was just like all the main bosses in X5, in that he's sorta partially named after a Guns & Roses band member, in this case (obviously) Axl Rose. So my name is accidentally based on Guns & Roses. :P

I don't really associate the username's origin with it anymore, though. Axle is a name I've always thought sounded cool, and I've always enjoyed all variants of it. I've always respected nature and I love animals and monsters, so "beast" fits me as well. I think it just befits me and my style in general, regardless of the Mega Man X reference.

My user title changes constantly, and is usually intended to befit my avatar somewhat. Right now it's just a funny phrase I like that I think fits my current avatar's expression. :P

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Mine takes it's inspiration from the anime Konjiki no Gash Bell (The Dub is known as: Zatch Bell) which is one of my top 3 fave animes.

Mamono (Mamodo in the Dub) are a goup of..well mamono (魔物) which is Japanese for demon. Every 1000 years 100 child demons are selected as candidates to duke it out in the battle to become the king of them all - the catch is that they are sent to earth where they are required to partner with a human as their spells become locked inside a book which can only be activated by a specific humans heart energy.

In one of the movies Konjiki no Gash Bell: The 101st Mamono, a mamono from the Makai (魔界) [Demon World] decides to try and worm his way into the battle to become king using underhanded tactics. This mamono has the ability to absorb all other mamono's spells which I think is pretty cool and since he is the 101st mamono, I am mamono101 :D

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I used to be a cat character named Destinystar, based off the warriors books. I shortened it to Destiny and it kind of stuck I suppose.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My current usertitle is based off of a simple combo I use whenever I play with the character "Amy" from Soul Calibur 4. The combo is incredibly simple yet it ganks most players off and online. ;D I use 8wayrun notation because it's easy to understand and I likes it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom