• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the First Zelda Game You Played and Was It Good?

Is the first Zelda game that you played, your favorite still?

• Total voters
C

Carben

The first game was either LTTP or OOT. (Cannot remember which)
I loved those games so much I would play them practically all day and would restart after beating one of them.

Both games were spectacular to me as well. In my opinion the bosses in LTTP were a little bit more creative than those in OOT. O_O

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
My first one was aLttP (yes I'm old) and out of all the console games I played it's still my favourite one (Yoshi's Island comes pretty close though)!
On the one hand it's not too hard (like LoZ and AoL) and has nicer gfx (though I generally don't care too much for graphics).
On the other hand, I'm missing the action that aLttP had in the newer Zelda games, but seeing the development WW-->TP gives me hopes that the new Zelda will take that "old" route again.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
My first Zelda game was ALttP which I played when I was really little, around four or five. My dad had just gotten a SNES for his birthday with a bunch of games, and after he was done playing I got a chance to start a game on it. I found it extremely difficult as I had not played enough video games to be even remotely good at them, but I played it anyway.

I played it for a while and gave up on the first dungeon after the castle because it was scary (the eyegores always terrified me) then came back to it a few years later when I finally made it to the dark world. I gave up again while trying to figure out a puzzle in the Eastern Palace, then I finally beat it when I was twelve. It was the first zelda game I ever finished, but not the first video game I ever finished. As far as the game's quality goes, I would say ALttP was a very good game indeed, I enjoyed it very much.

Apple

Crazy Cookie
My first Zelda game was the Legend of Zelda when I was very young. I enjoyed it, but didn't really understand what was going on. Later I got Ocarina of Time when it came out, and I have enjoyed it ever since.

the first game i can remember playing when i was little was ocarina of time. :D definitely still one of my favorites. <3

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Mine was the Wind waker. My dad got it and I was little so I didn't know what it was. Now it's one of my favorite Zelda's of all time.

B

billbot85

despite my age, my first Zelda game was OoT (I was around for LoZ and AoL) and was immediately sucked into it. Just the fact that it was an all-range 3D platform that involved puzzle solving, tactics, and fighting made it a very ideal game for me. I was just then getting use to Mario 64, so OoT floored me. I still think its one of the best games I've played to date.

R

Ragdoll

Windwaker here too! I saw my neighbour playing it and I asked him which game he was playing. He suggested me that game. I'm still grateful for that!

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
My first Zelda game was Ocarina of Time, my mom got it for Christmas when I was 1 and she played it. Then I played it when I was like 3 or 4. But I didn't actually beat it until I was closer to something like 6 or 7. Majora's Mask was another one of my first games.

Y

Yoru Yama

My 1st game I played was Ocarina of Time. I got the collectors edition and just started playing it. It was pretty fun and addicting. After that I would get the next Zelda game and play it.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
My first zelda game was Twilight Princess and It was so great... It was my first wii game... it was so good! I remember that I used to come home from school, put my bag near the door and sit in front of the wii and I couldn't stop till my mum yelled at me to come for diner or to do my homework etc...

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
The first game I played was Ocarina of Time. I remember being 5 years old and I would just roam around Hyrule Field and just have fun. Also, every time I reach a boss, I ask my brother to do it for me. Unfortunately, I never finished Jabu Jabu's Belly. I tried asking my brother but he was to busy with school work and didn't want to finish it so for 5 straight months I would always have a dream that I was in the game and I would see, let's say the water spiritual stone on the top of the entrance of the Temple of Time. However, I was too small to reach it.

Freaky, isn't it? :P

Z

ZeldaIsTheBest

Mine was OoT, i got it before i could read, after awhile everyone stopped reading it to me and i knew all the words because i beat it like 3-5 times by then (this is before kindergarden) and every one was amazed by me and i brag about it and i make sure that everyone who thinks videogames kill the mind that i learned to read because of one.

L

Lulzigi

Mine was OoT. I never saw ALttP untill GBA. I remember the first thing that I saw from the game. My older brother was at Lake Hylia with his bow out and I thought that it was the coolest thing I had ever seen, and he thought it was the stupidest. :( He gave it back to the game store before I got a chance to beat it. I have beaten it several times since then, and I still can't see what he thought was so unappealing about the game!

P

PCH60

Spirit tracks, some parts (boss fights) very tedious. I don't have much patiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom