• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time what was one of the worst rages that you got with OoT?

I think a good majority of this game is pretty easy and if you have any ammount of puzzle solving skills, a lot of this game should give you no trouble.

An exception: The water temple. The really only thing that makes this hard is that you think you've been in this room already in every water height, but a lot of the time you missed one and that's what makes that one small key you're missing such a pain. I always tell myself "No, you've already been here" but then it turns out I actually forgot to check with the water all the way down or something and that's where my key is. Once you've gotten those keys, the rest of the dungeon is a snap.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
The water temple, when I couldn't find the next small key in the dungeon. I thought that I had used the key on the wrong door and that I was now at some kind of dead end in the game. I restarted my whole file just to find out that when i got back to the water temple that there was another small key right near the place i freaked out and decided to scrap my game. I can still remember the feeling of anguish and despair as i decided that the fate of hyrule would have to wait.

Din Akera

Sniper
I'd have to say climbing up the wall in the spirit temple with the moving sections. When I was in between two sections, I didn't like the fact that I had to start over from the bottom again. In terms of the water temple, I could easily get through it on my second save file.

Hint: If you stand back from the wall a bit and hookshot the top section right at the edge, Link will grab the edge and stand up, you don't have to actually climb the wall... :) Tip for you.

I did throw a controller at the TV during Bong Bong. But Nothing broke so it was okay after I calmed down.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Fighting Dark Link in the water temple.

How i raged:
Im not going to say that i crushed the controller, not gonna do it!

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I.... don't actually remember really raging at the game. After my dad nearly broke our controller several times during Majora's Mask, I got into the habit of never ever throwing it down like he did.
The Water Temple lures you into the one-last-little-key trap every time, but I was more rambling incredulously than screaming at the tv....
Actually, no. I do know when I raged. At. that. damn. fish. It knows. It just sits there staring stupidly at your bait, and every other fish in the pond will grab it instead. Goddamn. >C

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
The race with Dampe... me as an eight year old trying to run after a ghost when I was more worried about the echoing Redead shrieks.
Brutal.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The race with Dampe... me as an eight year old trying to run after a ghost when I was more worried about the echoing Redead shrieks.
Brutal.
Dude, I felt you there. Only difference is I was about 5 years older than you, and I had played MM before OOT so it was inscribed in my mind that redead could not be killed without light or something, and if they died, they would just get back up.

Okay, for me there were plenty in OOT.(Surprisingly beating the water temple is not one of them.) But the ultimate ones were the Bombchu bombing, that kukoo would move in the way right when my bomchu came, and getting to the room in the Water Temple just before the boss chamber. My controller was broken so that it couldn't go full force forward, so Link couldn't climb steep hills unless I went backwards, and if I went backwards I couldn't see those sliding spikes on the floor. It took me 30 min to climb a hill.

Something my brother shared with me. He was really frustrated when he first beat the Deku Tree. This was his first time playing Zelda at a young age so it was pretty difficult for him. And then after all that hard work, it turns out the Deku Tree died anyway. He's like "Well what was the point of all that! You could have just gave me the stone, instead of having me risk my life!"

Last edited:

Din Akera

Sniper
And then after all that hard work, it turns out the Deku Tree died anyway. He's like "Well what was the point of all that! You could have just gave me the stone, instead of having me risk my life!"

*Dies laughing* Your brother and I share an opinion on that one! Especially since the first time I played the Deku tree (also the first time I played a LOZ game) I died several times.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
God I hated the owl. I'm really glad that nintendo didn't continue that in any other game. I lt just ticked me off that hecwas sitting there waiting for you like some crazed murderer. Lol

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
probably the shadow temple. I am probably one of the only ones who think this, but I LIKE the water temple. I like doing puzzles, and the water temple pretty much gives me a challenge.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Sadly...when I found out what to do in the Forest Temple after being stuck in it for months... I was stuck on the block puzzle forever because I didn't see the stairs... >_< If I knew there was stairs there, I'm sure I would've been able to figure it out fast. >_>

D

Darksword

either phantom ganon or dampe's second race for the heart piece

i was stuck on phantom ganon with the horse coming out of the painting for a week

dampe's race was hard for me beacause i take several seconds to aim my weapons before firing.

C

celibi88

trying to get epona i kept on winning the first race but constantly lost the second match :mad: luckily epona was totally worth it.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I remember getting really frustrated in the Gerudo Fortress trying to find those carpenters. For some reason it took me a really long time to stun the guard patrolling the last carpenter.

Also in the Water Temple (don't get me wrong, I loved that temple, it was just so easy to get lost in), I remember pulling out a block in one of the hallways before getting the map and thus not knowing where that hallway was or what it was for afterwards. I remeber running around in circles trying to find how to get back to that hallway for the longest time.

There was also the Koume and Kotake boss fight. I found it impossible to aim that stupid shield, especially because those two hags never seemed to want to fly in the same general area.

It was probably a good thing that I never play OoT when my parents are home since whenever these things happen, I start screaming at the top of my lungs and randomly cursing and screeching profanities at the screen. My six year old brother likes to watch me play though; he finds my screaming funny, but I don't think it's a good thing that he finds my cursing amusing too...

H

Hiroshi Mishima

I think one of my bigger rages was probably against the Shooting Gallery. I've disliked them every since the games went 3-D and started placing an emphasis on them for getting Heart Pieces or Quiver upgrades. Mind you the one in Ocarina isn't anywhere near as bad as the ones in Majora's Mask, but I raged over it none-the-less when I was younger.

Another rage inducing moment was the Fishing, when I just couldn't get the one blasted fish I wanted for nothing, and ended up wasting over an hour on it. Including the one time I spent 10 minutes fighting a single fish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom