• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Sex is Sheik?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Glorian

I think it's just disguise. So she is still a female. But Zelda can use magic, so she might have transformed into a male.

I agree, and if you look at stills from Super Smash Bros Brawl, you can see she has a little bit of chest, as well as the Pony Tail looking a tad feminine. In all honesty, I believe Sheik is a woman, but I'm open to other possibilities.

If the game developers had just made Ruto's line be: "Be sure to thank Sheik for me" We wouldn't be having this discussion right now. That is the one and only scene of the entire game that people are basing their belief of Sheik being male on. Seriously.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Of course Shiek's a girl. otherwise she wouldn't be attractive to guys.

um...right? :puppy:

You should really say straight guys there :P

I think Sheik is a guy. Sheik is a costume which is meant to make the person wearing it look male. Even if it is a female wearing it the costume is male.

Last edited:

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
Shiek is a very mysterious person, so we don't really have any proof of what gender he/she is.

I

Immortalluna

My personal opinion is that Sheik's body was still female, but used some magic to appear and act more like a guy, but in the end Sheik was a female. Sheik just magically had a male personality.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
there is truly no proof of either side of the argument being true. We all just assume and think we're right, but I BELIEVE that HE is a guy. Here's why:
1. Ruto tells Link to "thank HIM for me."
2. He has the masculine look that all N64 3D characters (but Malon) have. Inconclusive.
3. Tenor voice.
4. Zelda had to change her gender to hide from Ganondorf. Apparently Ganon doesnt acknowledges cross-dressers as existing...

Yeah, very little evidence, but really, its open to interp.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Of course Shiek's a girl. otherwise she wouldn't be attractive to guys.

um...right? :puppy:

I think that's a part of it, honestly. Since Sheik's gender is unknown to us throughout most of the game, we settle on one gender or another before we find out that Sheik is Zelda; I think the whole "mystery" surrounding Sheik is what makes people attracted to him/her in the first place, regardless of both the sexual orientation of the gamer and that person's interpretation of Sheik's gender. Freud would probably say that most people are subconsciously justifying their attraction to Sheik by vehemently asserting that Sheik is of a particular gender, possibly out of homophobia. But then again, Freud says all sorts of wacky things. :lol:

At any rate, there are definitely exceptions to this, and I'm not implying anyone is of a certain sexual orientation (although, of course, being upset with that would also probably mean you're homophobic :suspicious:).

Ironically, on the opposite side of the spectrum, people who are adamantly arguing that Sheik is female (who happen to have more in-game evidence on their side, in my opinion) could also be rushing to the claim that Sheik is female to justify their attraction, and again, possibly out of homophobia. :hmm:

Sheik is probably such an awesome character that everybody is attracted to his/her personality on some subconscious level. This may also be because at the time of OoT's release, its primary demographic was probably between ages 7-25, and a large portion of that demographic is going through puberty and is being overrun with hormones of all sorts, possibly explaining why everyone seems to be so in love with Ocarina of Time characters or [CORNY] maybe it was just such a lovingly crafted game with characters that everyone could fall in love with.:love: [/CORNY]

At any rate, congratulations Nintendo -- you created one of the best games of all time while simultaneously spawning a generation of sexually confused adolescents. You win some, you lose some, I guess. :P

I think Sheik is obviously a girl. It's just Zelda having had used her magic to change her look. And to disprove the Ruto line, she says him because she obviously can't tell that it's Zelda in disguise because she's never even seen the real Zelda.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
How on earth am I supposed to know whether Zelda just disguised herself as Shiek, or used magic to transform herself into Shiek with a male body?

The game doesn't give you enough information to decide that. We know that Zelda is female, and we know that Zelda was disguised as Sheik. What we don't know, is whether Zelda transformed into a boy or not while disguised as Sheik.

I would err on the side of female, though, given that it would probably be easier to simply use illusion magic and tricks than transformation magic.

For some reason, this reminds me of the theological debate about Transubstantiation in Christianity.

R

Rarulla6

I've always believed that Sheik was a whole different character from Zelda, complete with different personality, abilities, and yes, gender. I'm aware that Sheik is really a certain princess who needs saving, but it just seems so much cooler to think that Zelda really turned into a completly different person. It'd also makes it more believable that Zelda remained hidden transforming herself using magic than some simple disguise.

Not even Ganon is that thick to fall for some Halloween costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom