• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Sex is Sheik?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
According to the OoT manga, Zelda's concsience falls asleep and awakens as a Sheikah boy. He/she appears to Link as tha lone survivor of the Sheikah. (excluding Impa)
In the game, Zelda just transforms into Sheik.
Although, when you leave the Chamber of Sages after the water temple, Ruto says,"If you see Sheik, tell HIM I said thanks."
But some people say Sheik is a girl.:shake::huh:

i really have no clue if shiek is a guy or girl. but if i were you, i wouldn't rely so much on the manga, remember when it said that volvagia was link's pet? i think that zelda herself wanted to keep shiek's gender a secret.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Um.... Sheik is commonly refered to as "he" but is actually Princess Zelda so I am going to say female :).

but if i were you, i wouldn't rely so much on the manga, remember when it said that volvagia was link's pet? i think that zelda herself wanted to keep shiek's gender a secret.

Thats good advice, the most accurate sorces for info on LoZ is the games their self.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Well, I personally never consider the manga to be cannon.
But, I like to think that Sheik is indeed, female.
It's just Zelda dressed up, and apparently she makes quite a convincing male (so much so that she completely tricked people of her real gender).
But, that shouldn't be surprising, considering that one of the Gossip Stones says "They say that, contrary to her elegant image, Princess Zelda of Hyrule Castle is actually a tomboy!"
That's my opinion, anyway.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Well, I personally never consider the manga to be cannon.
But, I like to think that Sheik is indeed, female.
It's just Zelda dressed up, and apparently she makes quite a convincing male (so much so that she completely tricked people of her real gender).
But, that shouldn't be surprising, considering that one of the Gossip Stones says "They say that, contrary to her elegant image, Princess Zelda of Hyrule Castle is actually a tomboy!"
That's my opinion, anyway.

Ahhh the gossip stones always a good sorce for info.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
The NPCs in-game refer to Sheik as male to prevent it from being less obvious that Sheik is, in fact, Zelda. Not to mention, few of the NPCs are actually aware that Sheik is Zelda. There are so many clues that hint at Sheik being female in the dialogue.
Take the Ice Cavern where you learn the Serenade of Water; Sheik says, "Young love will become deep affection." Especially because that was contained in a segment of just a few profound-sounding sentences, outside the segment of general directions on where to go, that definitely is meant to be a hint. Head about 3:30 into the video and watch onwards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpQQm10cpo4
There are many, many more -- at least one hint per meeting with Sheik. After the end of the Water Temple, Ruto notes that Zelda is alive, and she pretty much threatens Link because he is/was fond of Zelda.
The most important thing is that the narrative and romantic subplot of the entire game won't work well unless Sheik is female. Had Sheik been male, none of these little "hints" would be brought up anywhere in the game. Also, why would Sheik be following Link so closely and know him so well if Sheik were a different, male character? The whole point of the hidden identity is that people are naturally attracted to what they can't see or don't know; this goes for people as well. The cinematic camera angles, the romantic-sounding music associated with Sheik and Zelda -- they are all subtle clues that there is definitely chemistry between Sheik and Link.

Sheik IS Zelda, just in a different body. He is mentally female but physically male. She used magic to transform gender and race. Hell, he has red eyes! I kinda find the whole magic thing in a fantasy game much more believable then colored contacts.

Besides, shipping Sheik as a male with Link is a lot more fun then a normal, heterosexual relationship. Just saying, haha.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Who says she's in a different body? It's not very hard to make a female look male; a lot of it is just padding here and there. A lot of it is just smoke and mirrors; Sheik disappears a lot for a reason. ;)
Secondly, if Sheik has a male body, why would Link look at Sheik the way he does? Let's assume that Link is heterosexual, because that fits in with the entire game.
There is plenty of in-game evidence to suggest that Sheik is female; why bother resorting to an external source of information that is not proven to be canon, when you have a treasure trove of information that's available in the game?

I really did not feel like reading anymore of this topic but the first post, but I think it is just the Triforce of Power that cloaks her. She is still female. (Unless the Triforce actually did make her a boy... That would be gross...) As for the manual, IT SAYS SHEIK IS A GIRL!!!! What a spoiler!

I disagree with you, I don't think it would be that gross at all. It's just gender bending. Anyways, I didn't know that about the manual. Is it the Japanese version or is it of another language? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom