• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Sex is Sheik?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Sheik isn't actually turned into a man biologically! The Triforce of Wisdom has no power to perform a sex change on people. Zelda uses it to quickly change clothes in the Temple of Time before giving Link the Light Arrows, that's all. It just makes more sense to me. She spent seven years with Impa and needed a disguise so Ganondorf couldn't capture her.
Everyone calls Sheik a guy, or refers to her as a "him", simply because they think she's a man. She acts like a man to throw Ganondorf off, and obviously it works. The fact that Ruto calls Sheik "him" can't be proof that she really is a man, because it would imply that Ruto knew Sheik's true identity, and how could she know that if Zelda has been in hiding the entire seven years? I just don't think that makes much sense to me.

Last edited:
I just don't understand why the Triforce (or whatever magic she used) can change her physical, biological appearance, but can't change her gender. Is that any less believable then changing her eye color, hair length, and and breast size in the blink of an eye?

I don't think the Triforce, or any other magic, is actually transforming anything about her. Like I said, she uses it to change clothes real quick, but that was for dramatic effect (running into the Temple of Time's bathroom for a change would've slightly disrupted the flow of that epic moment)

I just don't understand why the Triforce (or whatever magic she used) can change her physical, biological appearance, but can't change her gender. Is that any less believable then changing her eye color, hair length, and and breast size in the blink of an eye?
Eye color: see my last post
hair length: see that turban? Imagine how many hair you can hide under it!
breast size: it works with bounding...

B

Blizzard78

I'm not sure what gender sheik is. Though its possible Zelda can transform into a male when turning into sheik. If your asking me, I think he's male.

Last edited by a moderator:

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I'm certain Sheik is female; she has breasts as well as a female voice. Unless the Triforce of Wisdom can allow its bearer to change genders (which might not be likely), Sheik cannot be a male. However, Sheik's clothes and hair make her look like a man, which is what fooled Ruto (who labelled Sheik as a "man" based on appearance) and of course Ganondorf. Zelda also changed her eye and skin colour to enhance her disguise.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
. However, Sheik's clothes and hair make her look like a man, which is what fooled Ruto (who labelled Sheik as a "man" based on appearance) and of course Ganondorf. Zelda also changed her eye and skin colour to enhance her disguise.

That may be true but what if Sheik is a completely different person than Zelda she just momentarily swap bodies with him and since Sheik is a Sheikah she can protect Zeldas body with no problem (if he dies doesnt matter Zelda still has the Triforce but she losed her body)

Or the triforce of Wisdom is portable and instant wardrobe

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
My fan girl mind is telling me that sheik is a boy, but in reality the sheik in OOT was actually.......Zelda in disguise. BUT, there could be a possibility that he was a real boy when the sheikah were involved in the civil war that happened a long time ago.

I mean.....Don't you think there could be a good chance that Zelda just used Sheik's identity to transform herself?=\

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
I'm sticking to my opinion and saying Shiek's a girl. I doubt Impa could teach Zelda how to change into a boy :bleh:
But that's only my opinion, your opinion can be whatever you want ~

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
My fan girl mind is telling me that sheik is a boy, but in reality the sheik in OOT was actually.......Zelda in disguise.
Don't worry, fan boys are guilty of this crime, too. Sheik is just so awesome, and for a while in the game there, Nintendo kind of gave you the ability for Sheik to be whatever you wanted. As a result, a fair number of people subconsciously choose Sheik to be whatever gender they're attracted to.
This is well illustrated here:
NO_you__re_NOT_by_Hail_NekoYasha.jpg
But always remember, kids -- Sheik can be whatever you want in your imagination. ;)
...and, end thread on creepy note.

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
I think Sheik is female. I know it technically might not be considered canon, but Sheik's trophies in SSBM and SSBB refer to Sheik as female. The trophies are supposed to be accurate, but since they're actually not in-game, you never know.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
The Japanese version of SSB refer to Shiek as a male.
Seriously.
Think about it.
Zelda: "I've got such amazing magic powers! I'm going to use them to CHANGE CLOTHES."
No. That just seems idiotic to me.
She changes her gender.

Of course Sheik isn't actually turned into a man biologically! The Triforce of Wisdom has no power to perform a sex change on people. Zelda uses it to quickly change clothes in the Temple of Time before giving Link the Light Arrows, that's all. It just makes more sense to me. She spent seven years with Impa and needed a disguise so Ganondorf couldn't capture her.
Everyone calls Sheik a guy, or refers to her as a "him", simply because they think she's a man. She acts like a man to throw Ganondorf off, and obviously it works. The fact that Ruto calls Sheik "him" can't be proof that she really is a man, because it would imply that Ruto knew Sheik's true identity, and how could she know that if Zelda has been in hiding the entire seven years? I just don't think that makes much sense to me.

I believe that the Triforce of Wisdom gave Zelda's magical powers a boost of extreme proportions, thus giving her more than enough raw power to acquire the ability to so drastically change her body. So I don't really think that a biolgical change of is something that Zelda is unable to achieve.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
There's no proof whether Sheik is male or female. (For the sake of this post I'll make her female.) Sheik is just a disguise to make people think that she's a guy. What Ruto said just means that the disguise is working. Ruto doesn't know if Sheik is really a male or female; she's just assuming because that disguise is supposed to make Zelda look like a guy.

It could go either way. Like I said, there's no proof. In the game, it doesn't show how Zelda turned into Sheik. Sheik could be a female if Zelda simply put on clothes for a disguise (and used a bit of magic to change her eye color) or she could be male if Zelda used magic to actually change her gender. The point is; we don't know how Zelda transformed into Sheik, therefore we have no way of knowing if she's a girl or guy.

All of these arguments concerning whether Sheik is male or female are pointless since there's no way of knowing. People might claim that Sheik is a girl because in Super Smash Bros. Brawl she has breasts, but on the other hand, people can claim that she's a guy because in Ocarina of Time, she shows no signs of that. In order to find out what gender she really is, we'd need to take off all of her clothes and... look. But I doubt Nintendo will do that any time soon, so unfortunately the speculation will never end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom