• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What OoT 3DS Needs

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Alright, we've probably all already heard of the remake of OoT by now and I've decided to make this thread to discuss what the game needs. So, here's my list of what the game needs.

#1. More Difficulty

The original OoT was just a pathetic game in terms of difficulty. The enemies never killed me (well, Morpha killed me once when I had a bottled fairy but I was fighting him the legit way but still, only one boss in the entire game was threatening to me) and the puzzles, albeit creative, were absolutely pathetic.

I don't exactly think it will be AoL hard (I'd like it, but Nintendo won't do that for fear of losing their casual fans), but having it be a decent challenge is the best, probably having it on par with the difficulty of ALttP.

#2. Added Sidequests

Added sidequests would be nice for OoT3DS. Perhaps they could add stuff like useful upgrades (anyone care for a White Tunic that reduces damage instead of the bland Defense Upgrade from the Great Fairy?) and maybe even an added optional dungeon or two that would be really hard and contain useful upgrades at the end. This brings me to my next thing that should be added.

#3. Exploration

Plain and simple, I want exploration back in the series. OoT was great, but the worst thing it ever did was make the overworld a hub and I hate that (it doesn't mean I hate the game, after all everybody at least dislikes something about their favorite games), but OoT could remedy that problem by adding a bunch of cool secrets and stuff to Hyrule Field. Perhaps remove a couple Heart Pieces and optional items from the NPC's that give them to you and move more of the town items and stuff and hide them in the field? That'd be awesome.

And that's everything I want to see in OoT 3DS. That'd definately convince me to buy the game (I gotta be honest, I'm warming up to the thought of OoT on the go and I might end up buying it even if Nintendo doesn't add any of this. But it's just a might.).

So, what about you guys? Do you think OoT just needs a graphical/audio tune up and is ready to make it's way on the 3DS, or do you think there should be added and removed stuff? Tell me what you think.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
As for the difficulty, I think it would be nice if Nintendo included Master Quest on the same game card if possible. I definately want new sidequests and at least one optional dungeon, I'm almost certain they'll do it too. Nintendo has always had an optional dungeon in past Zelda remakes and usually a few sidequests as well. The DS remake of Super Mario 64 had extra stars and stuff so I'm sure they'll add content to this as well.

B

brandonspikes

A difficulty choice would be new and interesting to add to the game imho.
  • Easy, monsters and bosses do half damage
  • Normal, monsters and bosses do normal damage
  • Hard, monsters and bosses do double damage
  • Very hard or Hylian Difficulty (wut), monsters do triple damage and bosses take away 33%-50 % of maximum life per hit, only one fairy can be used per boss attempt.

Inb4 no.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
Someone mention Super Mario 64 DS?
Methinks that Nintendo favors Mario over Zelda...so methinks OoT3DS gets no super awesome extra stuffs like Mario did. But I'm just a pessimist.
I would love to see a Master Quest option...preferably unlockable after beating the original game. I would love to added scenes...easter eggs...just new stuff in general, but I doubt any of it will happen.

Someone mention Super Mario 64 DS?
Methinks that Nintendo favors Mario over Zelda...so methinks OoT3DS gets no super awesome extra stuffs like Mario did. But I'm just a pessimist.
I would love to see a Master Quest option...preferably unlockable after beating the original game. I would love to added scenes...easter eggs...just new stuff in general, but I doubt any of it will happen.

Y'know what would be cool, if the ending was expanded upon, in that it would hint at the future timelines (if they are divergent anyway).

Dunno how they'd do it though... Maybe add a scene with young Link hopping onto Epona and going in search of Navi? And another with adult Zelda alone in the castle garden (with some foreshadowing maybe). It'd just be neat, I guess.

It would also be nice to see some allusions to Skyward Sword and some of the newer Zelda games. Nothing too major, but some little easter eggs. Especially since the whole Four Swords Saga was directly before this, maybe make a passing reference to the Four Sword. Or the Minish, that'd be cool.

Oh and yeah I'm all for new side quests and characters.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I think we need harder levels, new songs (yay, Zelda songs!), and... a new dungeon! :P

I know, I know, a lot of you are saying, "What? New Dungeon?" You know how Link's Awakening on the Gameboy Color had the Color Dungeon, well imagine if OoT 3D had something similar. Nothing game changing, just an extra challenge.

Norisom

Hero of Something...
I was thinking the same thing about extra dungeons. I think that would be great, they seem to be in a lot of Nintendo's remakes anyways. As for upgrades, I think more sword upgrades would be cool, like say to get the Biggoron Sword you need the White Sword first. They could also add stuff like more fairy fountains and maybe even the Unicorn Fountain (could be where you would get this "White Tunic).

korp

bagels
I disagree with number 3. Sure, exploration is great, but I keep getting lost in Hyrule Field when I play Twilight Princess because it's so big. I hate it. Also the difficulty.... It's different in everyone's opinion.In my world, I think Ocarina Of Time is sorta challenging.

I'd like to see a new dungeon or two at least, then I'll buy this for sure. They did it for Link's Awakening re-released for the gameboy color. They also added a new level to Mario 64 for the DS so why not here? If not, I'll just replay OoT or the Master Quest on the GC disc I got when WW came out.

I really want some upgraded music.. not like an orcastra but some upgraded midi songs.

(orcastrated music would be much appriciated though. :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom