• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Made You Happy Today?

What made me happy today was sitting with a pile of good books and a cup of hot milk and honey (it's the only hot beverage I can drink now since I suffer from GERD and I can't eat or drink anything that has caffeine or cocoa in it).

I'm currently reading these:

"Sherlock Holmes: A betrayal in blood" by Mark A. Latham:

91Vt9Usdn3L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Synopsis:

"It is 1894, and the news of a Transylvanian nobleman’s death at the hands of a certain Professor Van Helsing is the talk of London.

Unsatisfied at the acquittal of the professor, Mycroft Holmes asks Sherlock to investigate what truly led to the deaths of Lucy Westenra and the mysterious aristocrat. The newspapers are full of inconsistencies and wild supernatural theories, and as Holmes digs deeper, he suspects that those hailed as heroes are not what they seem. The clues point to an innocent man framed and murdered for crimes he did not commit, and Holmes and Watson find themselves targeted at every turn, as what began as a quest to clear one man’s name reveals a conspiracy that draws them to the mountains of Transylvania and the infamous Castle Dracula."

"Jedi apprentice: The deadly hunter" (volume 11 of 20) by Jude Watson:

page_1.jpg

Synopsis:

"Nobody knows her name. Nobody knows when she will strike. All they know is that she is a deadly bounty hunter—and her latest mission has taken her to Coruscant, home of the Jedi.

Her target: an old friend of Qui-Gon Jinn's.

Qui-Gon and his apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi, make an attempt to catch her...and fail. Now they are her targets, too."

Last edited:
I'm happy because I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow (June the 21st) is Summer Solstice Day, the longest day of the year:

https://acnl.fandom.com/wiki/Summer_Solstice

This is going to be my third Summer Solstice Day since I became mayor 2 years ago in my "Animal Crossing: New Leaf". And like I did the previous years, I will be chilling in my village, catching fishes and sea creatures on my beach (and I'll spend at least 1 hour on the island too), doing a tad bit of gardening in my village and hanging out with my villagers. I will sell my catch in the Re-Tail shop for money that I'll put in my bank account and I'll use that money to change my furnitures once in while and to buy gifts for my villagers in Main Street.

I love waking up extra early on Summer Solstice Day to enjoy this special day for as long as possible and make the most of it. First I'll make breakfast irl at 7:30 AM and I'll eat waffles with maple syrup and fresh fruit (cherries and blueberries) for breakfast. I'll open the curtains in my living room to let the sunlight in and grab a bottle of spring water from the fridge.

Then I'll pick up my console and dress up my player character in the clothes she usually wear for Summer Solstice Day, a very summery outfit (blue shorts, sunflower tee, green sandals, straw hat and oval shades):

(Btw Isabelle is wearing a cute sunflower tee on that day too, I love that shirt so much, when I saw her with that shirt for the first time all I could think of is that I wanted one too and the next day, I walked into the Able Sisters' shop and there was one for sell so I bought it of course, I really love that shirt, heck I love sunflowers period, my town's flag is a sunflower, the sunflower symbolizes joy, warmth, friendship and hard work.)

Then at 8 AM, I'll go see Isabelle at the Plaza. She'll give me a pair of Ladder shades like she does every year on that same day and I'll sell it because I already have one, the very first one I got a couple days after I became mayor 2 years ago (June the 17th 2021 I became mayor of my villager in "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" and started my adventure, my mother and sister ordered the game for me on Amazon along with "Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer", "Art Academy, lessons for everyone" and "Pokemon Art Academy", my birthday is on June the 6th and I receive my copy 11 days after my birthday, on June the 17th 2021 I became mayor).

Then I'll catch fishes and sea creatures, do a bit of gardening and hang out with my villagers because that's what this special day is for, chilling, doing summer outdoor activities in your village, having fun and chilling with your villagers and I'll be chilling with Curlos, Aurora, Apollo, Goose, Sylvia, Merry, Robin, Kitt, Cube and Victoria.

Tomorrow can't come fast enough...

This is what Summer Solstice Day looks like in "Animal Crossing: New Leaf":

Kat23.

Last edited:
My mother came over for a visit today. I'm kind of a hermit and can sometimes feel isolated so it's nice to have company outside of work. Moved into a new apartment about half a year ago in a new part of the city that neither of us were that familiar with. We met up and walked around the very beautiful neighborhood, by the docks and watched the boats on the water. Also took a walk in a small forest and then headed over to the local Thai place to get some food which we ate in my home. She's starting to get old and doesn't get out much either, today made her very happy. I wasn't always a perfect son so I'm glad I can give something back. Overall a very nice day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom