• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your favorite non-Master Sword blade?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I did a wooden sword run through TP once, which required a very difficult glitch to pull off, I really should have kept that save file…never mind that version of the game.
Somehow, I've never heard of this. I really want to try it now! I've never been good at glitches. I did the start screen glitch on TP several times but I was never able to pull it off consistently.

Somehow, I've never heard of this. I really want to try it now! I've never been good at glitches. I did the start screen glitch on TP several times but I was never able to pull it off consistently.

There seems to be more to it than I remembered but this should have everything. A lot of it isn’t too bad, but the real trouble comes in getting an enemy to be in exactly the right spot to jump over as Wolf Link which is really aggravating.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
There seems to be more to it than I remembered but this should have everything. A lot of it isn’t too bad, but the real trouble comes in getting an enemy to be in exactly the right spot to jump over as Wolf Link which is really aggravating.

Dag. Wow, that does look difficult. And I'm more of a real hardware gamer so it'll be tough without save states. Still, in trying this.

I think that the Sword/White Sword/Magical Sword are iconic and I've always had a special place in my heart for them, but I've never liked that they essentially disappeared from the series and weren't given any backstory.

The Koholint Sword is one of my favorites as a reward for collecting Seashells. Much more satisfying and intriguing than Korok poop.
The Gilded Sword is also one of my favorites, as its forging is very linked to the time cycle mechanic.
The Phantom Sword is my favorite of these three, for it is the only blade that can directly control time. I love Zauz and that Link reunites the World of the Ocean King through gathering the materials necessary to forge the blade, and then combines it with the Phantom Hourglass itself, giving him the ability to stop time. Like, badass.

But my favorite has to be the Four Sword. Link's development of it throughout Minish Cap, working towards being able to split himself, and then the great gameplay it provides in Four Swords Adventures, and then its return in A Link to the Past + FS, where it is used against a new generation of Link is both a compelling story, and a great gameplay mechanic.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I love the look of the razor sword. To bad you kind of just immediately ditch it for the gilded sword.
I've always thought the same. It'd be better if the game let you upgrade to the Razor Sword once you've thawed out the furnace (either with Hot Spring Water or by making it spring), and then it'd let you keep it, instead of resetting after 200 strikes or going back in time. Then you'd make the gold dust something you could find later in the game instead, like at the graveyard for example

But I must say that I really love the design of the Gilded Sword the most

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom