• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite Movie of This Year So Far

Scoby

France
even though i am big twilight fan, my favorite movie this year was The Dark Knight Rises. :)

Dan

Wow This year was great for super hero movies which is a "genre" a really like. As much as I love marvel and spidy I think I'm going to go with The dark knight rises. I've still yet to see skyfall, so it could all change. I just thought The dark knight rises was such a great film however. :D

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It's kind of a tie between the Dark Knight Rises and the Avengers. I loved them both! Skyfall was really good though, but I haven't seen it enough to really judge.

:keese: Dark Knight wins since there's no Avengers smiley :P

Zorth

#Scoundrel
The Dark Knight rises was a nice ending to the Nolan trilogy, really liked the film and sad that there won't be anymore movies with Christian Bale as the Batman. :kawaii:

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
THE AVENGERS TO THE LIMIT!!!!!!~

FULL OF ACTION AND I LOVE CHRIS EVANS AND JEREMY RENNER! XD

Also Skyfall is really good. The part what I thought was really good was when James Bond was chasing the bad guy on a motorbike on top of the roof tops. that was pretty damn skilled!

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
This year's a tough one for me. So, so many good movies have come out this year. The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, The Cabin in the Woods, Wreck-It Ralph, The Grey, Looper, Skyfall, The Hobbit, I could go on.

I'm still gonna hafta go with The Dark Knight Rises as my favorite of the year, though. I think it's an absolutely spectacular film, and IMO is the first to break the curse of the third movie in a series bombing; in fact it's actually better than the other two films in the series.

Close second is Cabin in the Woods, though. I normally don't like horror films, but then again it's kinda not a horror film but rather a deconstruction of the horror genre itself.

Last edited:

Hanyou

didn't build that
No love for The Hobbit? It's my pick. In spite of negative press and some flaws, I love it. I enjoyed it even more than The Two Towers, my least favorite LoTR film. I was actually worried about the three-movie length, but it flew by just as quickly as the fast-moving Fellowship of the Ring.

Skyfall is a close second. TDKR was good too, probably my second favorite of the trilogy after Begins.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
No love for The Hobbit? It's my pick. In spite of negative press and some flaws, I love it. I enjoyed it even more than The Two Towers, my least favorite LoTR film. I was actually worried about the three-movie length, but it flew by just as quickly as the fast-moving Fellowship of the Ring.

Oh, it's not that. I absolutely loved The Hobbit. It's just that, I kinda need to see the rest before I know how I really feel about them. That's the inherent problems with multi-part movies, they feel incomplete until the following parts are released. It'll probably end up right along with The Lord of the Rings and The Dark Knight series as my all-time favorites, but I need to at least the second one to back up my feelings for it.

Deeds

no text

Skyfall is a close second. TDKR was good too, probably my second favorite of the trilogy after Begins.

Hobbit was quite recently released, so not too many people have seen it. I agree with you though, I found it amazing. Didn't you think that the FPS made it look like you were watching people acting? Don't know if that's just me...

EDIT: I saw it in 3D btw, that may be why. I'm not sure.

Last edited:
The Dark Knight Rises - Second best movie of all-time in my opinion. This movie concluded the trilogy so well; it's hard to top such amazing movies as Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, but TDKR did it. All of the characters were excellent, especially Bane. In fact, I'm convinced that if this movie had absolutely nothing to do with Batman, I'd still love it.

Honorable mentions:
-The Amazing Spider-Man
-The Avengers
-Skyfall
-Chronicle
-Lincoln
-Men In Black III

Note: I have yet to see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and the unreleased Django Unchained, which both look to be great movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom