• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What is the Future of Nintendo?

Last I heard the PS4 was Sony's last chance. Granted, it looks like the PS4 is going to do well, but saying that Nintendo is struggling to compete with them when they annihilated them just recently in 7th generation is baffling.

The PS3 didn't flop though. What do you mean by last chance?

Iwata has stated many times that Nintendo will not follow the fate of Sega anytime soon. The 3DS is by far the best portable gaming console out right now and don't count the Wii U out just yet, great games are on the way plus the price drop will help it. And let's not forget about Miyamoto, the man who made video games the way they are today. As long as he's there, Nintendo isn't going anywhere.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Nintendo isn't going anywhere soon! They have proven to survive through some of the worst downs the gaming industry has had, as well as Nintendo having a strong following due mainly to its seniority and the amount of people out there who started with Nintendo, and will most likely stand by Nintendo the rest of their life!

As i grew up i started playing Playstation, simply cuz they made games for a Maturing Audience like me, but at the same time, that wasnt all i wanted, i still wanted to stay up to date with the classic characters i grew up with. So whereas i have moved on, i still have had all the Nintendo Consoles just so i can keep playing things like Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Donkey Kong.,.. i could go on!

So yeah i would be more worried about Microsoft dropping out before Nintendo! If only we could get so lucky, that Halo could start coming to other consoles! Cuz in my eyes, Halo is all Microsoft has to win a console race!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Oh yeah, it's doomed. It was doomed when the N64 was gonna lose to the PS1. The Wii wasn't going to sell a single copy. The 3DS would be completely beat out by the Vita, etc. etc.

...But...the N64 did lose to the PS1...

HappyMask

One Creepy Salesman
Let's review SEGA:
Master System - NES was cooler
Genesis - SNES had Mario, Zelda and more (still cool though)
Saturn - Meh...
Dreamcast - THE BEST!
Game Gear - Too big. Not enough battery life.

Nintendo will be around as long as the gaming industry is, though I'd be surprised if they ever see Wii-like success again (outside of the handheld market).

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Nintendo is doomed. And I hope they die one day, and just make games for the actual good gaming companies.

You're on the wrong site, my friend. You realize no nintendo= no Zelda/crappy Zelda (If it gets picked up by another company, which I doubt nintendo would allow after what happened with Phillips). If you don't care, then I direct you back to my first statement. And how the heck are they a bad gaming company? Nintendo was the company that single-handedly saved the gaming industry during the crash back in the eighties. Your precious PS4 and Xboxwhatever wouldn't even exist had Nintendo not saved the industry. At least Nintendo actually attempts to be creative and different with their hardware and games, instead of simply updating the graphics and pricetag.

Do I personally think they're doomed? Heck no. A bit on the slow side? Heck yes. I think when all the new games that are set to come out next year actually come out, things will pick up. We can't jump to the conclusion that slow=doomed. Wait it out. If things are the same after all the new and anticipated games have come out, then perhaps they are doomed. But as of now, it's too soon to tell. I think they've gotten the message that they should try harder to appeal to kids and older gamers, hence why we've seen games like ZombiU and the new Bayonetta coming out on the WiiU. I have faith in them and I think this is the era for change.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom