• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What is the Future of Nintendo?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
A lot of people online tell me the Big N is doomed, but a lot of people I meet in real life really like Nintendo's games and would like to keep seeing its games. I'm not sure. I mean they ressurected the 3DS from failure to glory, and i think the Wii U has the same potential. But the Wii U is still selling awfully. Playstation seems to be ready for a great fourth installment. Xbox One may or may not thrive at this point, and I just want my Nintendo games! Idk, what do you think Nintendo's future is?

pkfroce

Skelepuns
They've come a long way. And I'm sure they'll go even farther. They've still got the Zelda and pokemon games to lean on.

Salem

SICK
This topic comes out a lot.

I don't think Nintendo is even close to being doomed. They have too much many at the bank. The 3DS and Wii U still have hope in them.

EDIT:Why is there "spoilers" on the title?

I hate it when people say "Nintendo is Doomed!" They are basing this off of one console that hasn't been out for a year yet. No one seems to give Nintendo time to actually get the games out, they are polluted and blinded by sales charts and reviews and they instantly think of the most negative thing they can think of in response to them. People just need to be patient. If history has taught us anything, Nintendo manages to end up at the top regardless of how amazing Microsoft or Sony makes themselves out to be.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nintendo are doomed, omg it's not Steam, I love gabe newell, Nintendo are not prepared for this, omg

No but really, Nintendo isn't going anywhere for a LONG time.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
I hate it when people say "Nintendo is Doomed!" They are basing this off of one console that hasn't been out for a year yet. No one seems to give Nintendo time to actually get the games out, they are polluted and blinded by sales charts and reviews and they instantly think of the most negative thing they can think of in response to them. People just need to be patient. If history has taught us anything, Nintendo manages to end up at the top regardless of how amazing Microsoft or Sony makes themselves out to be.

[video=youtube_share;RFZrzg62Zj0]http://youtu.be/RFZrzg62Zj0[/video]

Nintendo is doomed. And I hope they die one day, and just make games for the actual good gaming companies.

And I mean this.

Nintendo's already proven during the N64 and GCN generations that a successful handheld cycle is sufficient to maintain the company's profitability. If the Wii U fails, Nintendo will probably abandon the Wii brand and try something new.

I don't see Nintendo entering the smartphone market as some industry analysts suggest or reconsidering its business model so long as the portable gaming market is under its control.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
...Why? Why should they die? Why is Nintendo doomed? Care to explain or are you just purely hating on Nintendo?

Because, they suck now. What happened to the Nintendo of the 90's? They were actually good and it seemed like they were never gonna die.

Now, they're struggling to keep up with the King of Gaming, Sony (and maybe Microsoft with their Xbone). You can tell because of their recent attempts to attract people.

Miiverse? Not saying it's bad, but do we really need more social networking sites? Aren't there enough? Plus, with all the rules they have because it's a kid-friendly (Western-mothers friendly, family-friendly) console, it's not worth it.

My favorite console... the Nintendo 2DS. I don't even need to talk about this desperate attempt.

They bomb us with Mario games every few months.

And most of all, their games are getting stale now.

And they suck now...yeah.

Attachments

• mk.jpg
    mk.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 4
they're struggling to keep up with the King of Gaming, Sony (and maybe Microsoft with their Xbone). You can tell because of their recent attempts to attract people.

Well I'll admit that the PS4 has huge momentum at the moment, but I wouldn't say that Sony is the King of Gaming. In fact, I don't think any Gaming company deserves that title at the moment. Neither are doing anything mind boggling or revolutionary. Gaming in the 90's were better then today's modern gaming I do agree. back then it was new, everyone got really syked by the what Nintendo had in store. Now it's just...meh. nothing really new going on.

Anyway I guess Nintendo have some competition with Sony, but I think it will be a pretty even match. As for Microsoft, well there not relevant anymore, the Xbox One is clearly a All-Around Entertainment System and not a dedicated Video Games Console so Neither Nintendo or Sony would be threatened by them in that respect.

Well I'll admit that the PS4 has huge momentum at the moment, but I wouldn't say that Sony is the King of Gaming. In fact, I don't think any Gaming company deserves that title at the moment. Neither are doing anything mind boggling or revolutionary. Gaming in the 90's were better then today's modern gaming I do agree. back then it was new, everyone got really syked by the what Nintendo had in store. Now it's just...meh. nothing really new going on.

I agree. Neither Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft earn the King of Gaming title yet. So far, their new consoles don't have anything to them that makes them revolutionary. Consoles back in the day always have something that revolutionized gaming (ex. N64, Dreamcast, PS1, SNES), so compared to back then, consoles nowadays don't feel very special at all.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Last I heard the PS4 was Sony's last chance. Granted, it looks like the PS4 is going to do well, but saying that Nintendo is struggling to compete with them when they annihilated them just recently in 7th generation is baffling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom