• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Link's race?

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
According to the OoT Storyline, he was a Hylian, raised as a Kokiri.

Whether "Hylian" is a race or just a subdivision of humans, I think, is up to the player to decide. We still consider African Americans or Asians to be of a different race than Caucasians, even though we're all still of the human species. I would consider Hylian to be in that category.

Then again, is Hylian just a reference to where he was born? (eg. American)

I don't know much on this topic to be honest. I'd like if someone could answer that.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
definetly not a kokori cause true kokori's don't grow up and in Oot it proves he's hylian in many ways
1,if he's not kokori what else is he ,gerudo
2.and in the game it says that his Mom was a hylian,possibly the hylian queen,killed during the war thus if his mom was hylian technichally he is hylian and I dont know why any of you would think he's anything other than kokori
3.the great deku tree even told him he was hylian not kokori
4.when link grows up he actually grows up

Isn't Link Hylian? (Or Hyrulian?)
Don't the 2 races above have people with pointy ears?
So isn't Link Hylian?
Sorry for no strong points:(

F

Funtykoon

Geez... You guys know nothing.

Hyrulean-Person living in Hyrule ( includes gorons ,zora ,sheikah etc.)
Hylian- Race of people, have pointed ears, affinity of magic, etc.

Notice in TP how all the people living in Ordon Village (except link) have rounded ears.
Because Ordona isn't part of Hyrule Proper. It's why they are called Ordonians and not Hylians. It's also why you dont hear Lanayruians. Humans live in Holodrum or Lybranna,
or in Calatia. Goron's in TP calling Link human is one of two things:

1. Mistake by developers.
2. Gorons use the word human sometimes to identify humaniod-type people like Ordonians, Hylians, and Skeikah.

Gorons saying human might have also been the cornerstone for the citizens of Lybranna, Holodrum and Calatia being called humans, as Goron are present ( in Lybranna or Holodrum) or refrenced to ( Darunia town in Calatia)

Srsly guys, brush up on your Zelda.

Geez... You guys know nothing.

Hyrulean-Person living in Hyrule ( includes gorons ,zora ,sheikah etc.)
Hylian- Race of people, have pointed ears, affinity of magic, etc.

Notice in TP how all the people living in Ordon Village (except link) have rounded ears.
Because Ordona isn't part of Hyrule Proper. It's why they are called Ordonians and not Hylians. It's also why you dont hear Lanayruians. Humans live in Holodrum or Lybranna,
or in Calatia. Goron's in TP calling Link human is one of two things:

1. Mistake by developers.
2. Gorons use the word human sometimes to identify humaniod-type people like Ordonians, Hylians, and Skeikah.

Gorons saying human might have also been the cornerstone for the citizens of Lybranna, Holodrum and Calatia being called humans, as Goron are present ( in Lybranna or Holodrum) or refrenced to ( Darunia town in Calatia)

Srsly guys, brush up on your Zelda.

Okay. So that's one game. What about the rest?

LoZ, AoL he doesn't live anywhere to my knowledge. Alttp he lives in Hyrule with his Uncle. LA doesn't even deal with Hyrule. OoT in the Kokiri Forest which is still Hyrule, MM is the same link, OoX I don't know about, WW he lives in Outset Island which is above Hyrule I guess.

F

Funtykoon

Okay. So that's one game. What about the rest?

LoZ, AoL he doesn't live anywhere to my knowledge. Alttp he lives in Hyrule with his Uncle. LA doesn't even deal with Hyrule. OoT in the Kokiri Forest which is still Hyrule, MM is the same link, OoX I don't know about, WW he lives in Outset Island which is above Hyrule I guess.

He is Hylian in all the games, I am sure of that. We are never given a reason why a Hylian is living in Ordona in TP, but he is. Humans are a race, and so are Hylians. In fact, at one point the are in a quarrel because the Hylians thought they were better than humans. Also, I dont understand your question, what do you mean other games? I gave a explaination on the difference between a Hylian and a Human, what more is to it?

P

porygonzx

Hes white obiously. Thats rascist :P why can they make a black link.

Well, hes probbly elf or hylian

D

DekuLink

Link is Hylian. Confirmed in OoT. The new Deku Tree told him.

/thread.

Hylians are the ones with pointed ears, e.g. Link, Zelda, etc..

Hyruleans are the inhabitants of Hyrule who may or may not have pointy ears. All races are considered Hyrulean, from Gorons to Ordon Village inhabitants to Hylians.

I believe that Hyruleans are a sub-race of Hylians, as the Hylians were around first (assuming that Ocarina of Time was first in the timeline, because all the "human" characters in that game had pointy ears).

Therefore, Link is a Hylian, as he has pointy ears. Always has, always will.

F

Funtykoon

Actually, inhabitants of Ordon Village are Ordonians not Hyruleans. Ordona is not part of Hyrule Proper. Because if you listen in TP when he is going to deliver the sword, they say journey to Hyrule. If Ordona was part of Hyrule, they wouldnt say that.

Ordonians could have traveled from Hyrule and settled in Lybranna, Holodrum, and Calatia, but this is mere speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom