• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Link's race?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I've heard him being called other things ended with oid... like... no... not metroid... but freakazoid xD... my neighbour used to call him that

Kybyrian

I do believe he is human, and there are quite a few people in the series with long ears and such, and elves, depending on what you go by, also have other abilities, like being able to jump from high heights without being hurt, Link can sort of be like that but not entirely, without rolling that is. And running real fast... not really. But I don't really know. I say human, still.

Don't have to be kpllk. The only difference I remember is that Hylians have pointed elf like ears, which I at least don't think humans have. So they aren't really humans, just another race that really really look like humans.

"Human" is a race, "Hylian" would probably be a nationality o.o
There aren't nationalities in Zelda, at least, not that I can tell.

Hylian is distinctly referred to as a race, not a nationality. Same with Gerudos, Sheikah, Zuna, etc..

And Link is a Hylian.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Asians isn't a race, it's a nationality. Trying to separate human beings into different "races" was just the thing Hitler did, my friend. The Human, Homo sapiens, is a race. And Link would be a Hylian, not a human.

People have been doing that for longer than Hitler, my friend. It is a long lived facet of humanity that isn't going away anytime soon.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
he is hylian. he is not human. as far as the game goes, no one ever talks about humans that i know of so lets assume that hylian is the standard (like humans are the standard life in the real world).

he is a hylian regardless of what tingle says. the great deku tree, many gods, zelda, and the king all at one point in some game said he is hylian so thats probably what we should say he is..

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
he is hylian. he is not human. as far as the game goes, no one ever talks about humans that i know of so lets assume that hylian is the standard (like humans are the standard life in the real world).

he is a hylian regardless of what tingle says. the great deku tree, many gods, zelda, and the king all at one point in some game said he is hylian so thats probably what we should say he is..

ok so does that make the people of kakariko also hylians?

for example: in TP, link is called a ordonian instead of a hylian.
also in TP, the gorons don 't say hylians, but humans.

Pointed ears dosen't make one not human. I know real people who have sorta pointed ears. Even knew a guy once who could have easily passed as an elf.

But the point is, he is of human race, and Hylian decent. Look at some of the other characters in Zelda. The Gerudo tribe is obviously humans, but they are of Gerudo decent. Terminians are of the human race, but of Terminian decent. Even the Kokiri, which would more likely be elf related characters since they are small, would be of some sort of human decent.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
ok so does that make the people of kakariko also hylians?

for example: in TP, link is called a ordonian instead of a hylian.
also in TP, the gorons don 't say hylians, but humans.

as i said in my previous post, they dont call them human THAT I KNOW OF.

he is called ordonian because he lives in ordon village...not that hard of a concept to grasp. kakariko are specifically called fairy children and they are not born normally like the other "humans" in the games. if a magical tree made you and you looked like a human that would not make you a human. if two human people had sex and a baby human was created months later then you would be a human.

While I will grant that Sheikah and Hylians could possibly be the same species, I must say that it is fact that Gerudos are not.

They have specific traits unique to their species, specifically the fact that only one male is born every 100 years.

And there is no such thing as two races in the same species having different ears. Hylians are different than humans.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
as i said in my previous post, they dont call them human THAT I KNOW OF.

he is called ordonian because he lives in ordon village...not that hard of a concept to grasp. kakariko are specifically called fairy children and they are not born normally like the other "humans" in the games. if a magical tree made you and you looked like a human that would not make you a human. if two human people had sex and a baby human was created months later then you would be a human.

you mean kokiri are called fairy children.
but ordonians and the people in kakariko village has also pointy ears, so does that make them hylian?

anyway putting aside that. i'm 100% sure the gorons call them "humans" and not "hylians".
ok you may not know its so i'm posting a example.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=JKTs2tAEaKU

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom