• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What I Don't Like About TP

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I thought bug hunting was entertaining, interesting enough to not become tedious and with enough gameplay to balence out wolf link better in the beginning.

I can see how some people might find bug collecting tedious or annoying, however I thought it wasn't too bad. There were several moments that made me laugh, like blowing up that building in Kakariko Village. I alos felt it was spread out enough throughout the beginning, after all there was a dungeon inbetween each bug hunt. It was a good enough inbetween dungeon filler.

The bug-hunting also gave Wolf Link something to do. And while I can't help feel that they could have given the player something better to do in wolf form, I think this was fine, but I wish they had spent more time developing stuff to do as a wolf in the beginning, the second half simply felt more complete.

All in all, I didn't hate looking for bugs, but I didn't love it either. I agree in feeling that it was rushed, and I think it could have been implemented better but I didn't really have a problem with it.

What I hate about TP is those re-deads. They are epic and strong...
They were not too difficult at all. When all else fails - use bombs! Wolf Form is also another alternative if you do not have bombs. Though, I understand if you personally think that the monster was tedious!

I thought bug hunting was entertaining, interesting enough to not become tedious and with enough gameplay to balence out wolf link better in the beginning.

I can see how some people might find bug collecting tedious or annoying, however I thought it wasn't too bad. There were several moments that made me laugh, like blowing up that building in Kakariko Village. I alos felt it was spread out enough throughout the beginning, after all there was a dungeon inbetween each bug hunt. It was a good enough inbetween dungeon filler.

The bug-hunting also gave Wolf Link something to do. And while I can't help feel that they could have given the player something better to do in wolf form, I think this was fine, but I wish they had spent more time developing stuff to do as a wolf in the beginning, the second half simply felt more complete.

All in all, I didn't hate looking for bugs, but I didn't love it either. I agree in feeling that it was rushed, and I think it could have been implemented better but I didn't really have a problem with it.
The bug hunting was actually a great idea. But It was great the first time. Something similar, yet different at the same time, would have really made Wolf Link more enjoyable.

I also see a lot of people saying things along the lines of "It gives Wolf Link something to do." I personally thing that Wolf Link has plenty of traits that come in handy during the game. The ability to get to places that Link himself may not be able to. Following scents. Wolf Link is even incorporated into the Balloon Game! One thing that did annoy me though was the invisible rats. The ones that only Wolf Link could sense. Very tedious!

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I also see a lot of people saying things along the lines of "It gives Wolf Link something to do." I personally thing that Wolf Link has plenty of traits that come in handy during the game. The ability to get to places that Link himself may not be able to. Following scents. Wolf Link is even incorporated into the Balloon Game! One thing that did annoy me though was the invisible rats. The ones that only Wolf Link could sense. Very tedious!

But most of those were only accessable during the second half of the game, when you can change freely from one form to another. In the first half you can use scents and dig, but the bug hunting was what gave Wolf link something to do in the first half.

I agree with you that there was plenty to do as a wolf, my point was mainly aimed toward the first half of the game lacking things for Wolf Link to do. If you take bug hunting away then there isn't that much for Wolf Link in the first half of the game.

Zarom

The King
I agree that the Dark Insects hunts were a weak part in the game. It was a little too long and most of the time, boring. Maybe if the hunts would have been more spread around the game rather than all in the beginning, would have make it less annoying. :(
And to explore the map in Wolf Link first was an EXTREMELY bad idea. :mad:

bellum

Gamer since age 2
The bug quests really didn't bother me all that much. I just didn't like all of the items you had to collect to get the game 100%. Seems like too much work to me.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
The light quests were a bit annoying and not challenging enough, but I still thought they were fun to do.

I always had an overabundance of rupees because of the bug quest. or really anything in that game gave you a bagillion rupees.

Y

younglink

i'm sorry to all those who i'm offending, but i just hated the twilight it drove me nuts every time i had to do it.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Though I really liked the game, there are some things which could've been done better:
- Some more and/or tougher enemies. Both in the dungeons and in the field. Compared to other games, those areas felt really empty.
- More freedom and a less linear gameplay. You practically did the same things over and over again, at least for the 1st half of the game: Go into twilight, find the tears, do something in the cleansed area, walk to the dungeon, beat the dungeon. This became a little repetitive after the 2nd/3rd time, would've been cool to at least be able to twist around the dungeon order a little, like in aLttP.
- Sidequests with more useful rewards, like getting somethin like the Great Fairy Sword for finding all the bugs/killing all the poes. But that would only make sense if the enemies/bosses were a lot tougher, though.
- And yes I agree, I didn't like the twilight too much, though I would've liked it a whole lot more if there weren't those black pixels floating around, what's the point of them? For me they somehow added a kind of "digital"/postmodern feeling, which I think doesn't fit very well with the rather medieval world of Hyrule.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
The enemies should have been tougher. The bosses should have been way harder than they were. The dungeons should have been a little longer. There should have been more use to the land. The twilight realm shoul have been bigger and have more importance to it.

The enemies should have been tougher. The bosses should have been way harder than they were. The dungeons should have been a little longer. There should have been more use to the land. The twilight realm shoul have been bigger and have more importance to it.

Most Def., I thought the Twilight Realm was going to be another land and it just ended up being some weak dungeon.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
I always found the Tears of Light quests rather useful.

I got to see the area before going forward to the next dungeon as Wolf Link (which I loved) even though it was a bit tedious. Still, there are different things about TP that I disliked, like the lack actually decent sidequests, painfully easy final battles and the bosses being jokes. :x But I can see disliking the little 'bug bits'. They were repetitive, but isn't everything in Zelda? The formula is nearly always as follows: a small quest to get to dungeon, go through dungeon, obtain x item, defeat boss with x item, rinse & repeat. There have been differences (Like in Wind Waker with the third pearl) but essentually the same thing in every game. I'm not complaining here, I love the way Zelda works! I'm just saying that Zelda is a bit repetivie itself, right? ... maybe I'm just crazy and rambling. :B Ahwell. Bug hunting was fun for me, but I can also see why some disliked it. |D; I also think complaining about a game that's already finished and won't be changing is a little harsh, but then again... GAAAAH I need to stop rambling useless information about my personal preferences. I sound like an opinionated bigot. D| I'm also repeating myself... gaaah. -smack'd-

... I think I went waaay off topic. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom