• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Has Been Your Biggest Duh' Moment in Zelda?

T

tinypeanuts

Mine was when I very first got Twilight Princess and I had to go to the ranch on my newly washed horse. I couldn't find it... the ranch I mean.

Fishing in the prolouge of Twilight Princess on Wii. Took me an hour to figure it out. When I finally got it I was just as about happy as I was when I beat the whole game. :P

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
All the parts where Fi makes a obvious suggestion or looks at something that you know already then she comes up and say "Master the object down there looks like a treasure chest." me "you don't say?"

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I once spent half an hour looking for a key as wolf link to open a gate. I never found the key because all I had to do was dig under the gate. DUH!

Dark Hero

I am McBuscus. Hi :3
I would have to say in Phantom Hourglass, when I was beating Blaaz for the first time. I wasn't paying attention to the top screen of the DS, and I ended up killing myself about 6-or-7 times. 'Nuff said.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I definitely get a bunch of "duh" moment on things where the puzzle is easily found. I typically over think a situation (which could explain why I'm having a tough time in the Master Quest of Ocarina of Time), so I may see something, but it won't immediately click in my head.

One great example would be in the Spirit Temple when confronting with two Song of Time blocks that had a box for weight on top of the uppermost one. It took me forever to figure out that I just had to walk back and forth, playing the Song of Time, just so I could get the block to fall. There was a sample of it previously in the temple, but I didn't think that it would have applied later on. >.<

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Easily the time in Twilight Princess when I couldn't figure out I had to use the Double Clawshots to lower myself below the fan in the main room to latch onto that big...thing that the Clawshots can latch onto. (You know what I'm talking about.) The reason I picked this one is because of how I solved it. I had gone above and below the fan countless times trying to figure out what the crap I was supposed to do, but I just couldn't figure out the solution. So, in a rage, I shot one of the Clawshots up and it latched onto the chain-link area above the fan. I then slowly realized that I needed to be lowering myself down. It was a pretty awkward moment, and I just sat there for a good 30 seconds thinking of how much of a derp I was in that one moment. I can't blame myself, though. I was overthinking it, which I had done quite a few times in TP (surprise, surprise). Still...a very noteworthy "duh" moment.

Oh, gawsh... I'd have to say it's a tie between these two:

► In The Wind Waker--in my first playthrough, while I was in Dragon Roost Cavern, on my way to get the Boss Key... You know how you have to change direction with the grappling hook over lava in that one room? I just could not figure out how to change direction, so I was trying to grapple onto that pole with the most bizarre angles. It was so terrible. I got, like, two game overs because I was persistent. Dx

► In Ocarina of Time, when Zelda tosses the Ocarina into the moat, I couldn't figure out how to get it out. Well, I first tried swimming to get it, and it didn't work for me [I must have not swum deep enough], so I sat there for a good four minutes trying to retrieve it with my boomerang. Eventually, I decided to try swimming again, and... what do you know? It worked! It's only funny because I wasted time using my boomerang.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
My biggest Duh Moment would be when I first played Ocarina of Time. My brother had just bought it and I think I spent about two days inside the Kokiri forest getting rupees. I could not find the sword to save my life till my brother said why don't you look at your map....I realized there was an entire area I had not explored yet...Oh the stupidity of childhood.

Second would probably be in Twilight Princess's beginning. For some reason I thought that I had broken my fishing pole and therefore could not catch the damn fish for the cat. Didn't realize I needed to hit B again....just kept swinging my arm back and forth trying to cast it lolz!

Third would be fighting King Dodongo in Ocarina of Time and not knowing to throw bombs into his mouth...again....I was pretty stupid back then.

In the Earth temple in WW, i was stuck in the room withe hall and cage at the end. I didnt figure out for months that you had to go into the room full of floormasters and get the key. I also forgot to get the boss key in the Wind temple.

In OoT, the Song of Storms quest, my sister and I could not figure out how to get the song. When we talked to the windmill guy in the future, he would say "Grr, ever since that green kid with the Ocarina came in..." and we would be like "But we never did!" It took us longer than what we are proud of to figure out that we had to pull out our Ocarina, learn the song, then go to the past and play it. Can you say "Fail?"

Cfrock

Keep it strong
My most recent one was on Skyward Sword. In the Lanayru Mines there was a long corridor in one of the caves with some rocks at the far end I needed to blow up and lots of quick sand stopping me getting to them. I knew I had to get a bomb to the rocks and I spent nearly 2 hours trying to run across the sand or throw bombs or use the Beetle.

Eventually, I remembered that I could roll bombs ¬__¬

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom