• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Happened to the Sea in ST?

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I don't know if I missed something that was said in Spirit Tracks, but why is there no ocean in that game? I know there's a little bit in the south but I'm not counting that. ST comes far after all the other games in the timeline but how come Hyrule Castle and Castle Town are not under water like in WW? It wouldn't make any sense to have land in OoT, TP etc. and then have it flooded for WW then return back to land in ST, would it? And it's not another world because it is in fact Hyrule. Does anyone have an answer?

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Okay, let me explain.

The Old Hyrule was flooded before WW and at the end of WW, Link and Tetra set off to find a new Hyrule which they did in ST. See, in ST the Hyrule that's shown is not the same Hyrule that was shown in OoT and in WW, its an entirely new Hyrule that Link and Tetra founded.

The ocean is still there, it's not shown as much due to the fact that this new Hyrule is land that wasn't covered by water during the Great Flood.

Last edited:

MoblinPiglet

Prince of Moblins
Okay, let me explain.

The Old Hyrule was flooded before WW and at the end of WW, Link and Tetra set off to find a new Hyrule which they did in ST. See, in ST the Hyrule that's shown is not the same Hyrule that was shown in OoT and in WW, its an entirely new Hyrule that Link and Tetra founded.

The ocean is still there, it's not shown as much due to the fact that this new Hyrule is land that wasn't covered by water during the Great Flood.

...........................what they said..............................................

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
OHH, okay. Thanks. :) Was this mentioned in the beginning or something because the text was going by quickly and my brother was talking to me so I didn't really have any time to read it.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
OHH, okay. Thanks. :) Was this mentioned in the beginning or something because the text was going by quickly and my brother was talking to me so I didn't really have any time to read it.

No, I don't believe that it was mentioned at the beginning. It's revealed sometime during the course of the game that Tetra landed there on that land and began to make the new Hyrule.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Yeah, New Hyrule is pretty much a country that didn't get flooded (except for the Ocean Realm). Tetra and the pirates landed there after PH.

Tak

Game Over
I think it should be common knowledge that the sea is in fact surrounding New Hyrule. You see it when driving through the Ocean Realm in the south east.

@Aelic

There is an easter egg that refers to that. When you are approaching Outset Village, from a distance you can see that the village resembles a pirate ship.

Beeker

Wild Card
I think the posters above me got the main point. The Great Sea is still there, but the game isn't set on the Great Sea like in WW. Instead, it focuses on the land that WW Link and Tetra found-AKA New Hyrule.

And I'm not sure if this is an easter egg as much as it is a reference, but in one of the early cutscenes in Hyrule Castle, you see a stained glass portrait of Tetra, in honour of her founding the new land.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I think it should be common knowledge that the sea is in fact surrounding New Hyrule. You see it when driving through the Ocean Realm in the south east.

@Aelic

There is an easter egg that refers to that. When you are approaching Outset Village, from a distance you can see that the village resembles a pirate ship.

That's Niko's house. Since Niko was one of the original pirates, he probably decided to build his house out of Tetra's pirate ship. If that's true, then that means Tetra landed her ship right where Aboda Village is.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Thanks, I didn't really get too far in that game. I've been kind of side tracked because I just rented WW after years of wanting it badly so I don't have time to play it. :P

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Well King Hyrule said that he wanted Link and Tetra to live for the future and New Hyrule. I think that Ocean probably evaporated or something and a New Hyrule was created from there. It sounds ridiculous, but nothing in the Zelda games are anything that can be thought of as realistic or a possibility of actually happening.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
It is actualy a proven fact that New Hyrule and Old Hyrule are different areas. The only evidence of it being the same place is that Adoba Village is called Outset village in the European version. (I think the french one.)

I'm sticking with my theory then. It could be possible. I guess we'll never know though. Lol.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
^Well, in WW if you choose to do one of the sidequests, the Great Deku Tree tells you that he has a mission to one day connect all of the islands of the Great Sea by planting forests on each of them. However, that land isn't the same land in ST. The land in ST is the one that the pirates set out to find at the end of WW. The Outset Village thing is just a reference, probably because Link wanted to name it after his hometown.

People speculate that the original LoZ and AoL take place on the land that the Great Deku Tree pulled together, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom