• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game Had THE BEST !!! Soundtrack

whats the best soundtrack

• The Original Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda 2: Adventure of Link

• Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past

• Links Awakening/Oracle of Ages/Seasons

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Wind Waker

• Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Others

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Tak

Game Over
My favourite soundtrack would have to be between;

Ocarina of Time- Contained some truly epic music which I could listen to over and over...

Majora's Mask- Contained some of my favourite themes from OoT. And its original themes were all great.

Twilight Princess- The main theme was truly memorable. And some of the Dungeon Themes and overworld themes were some of the best peices of video game music I have ever heard.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Heh, these threads always put my brain into conflict. I can never decide without second guessing myself.

I think the my favorite soundtrack overall would have to be Ocarina of Time's. So many good songs came from that game that I love, that I think that it's the one I'll go with.

But the Wind Waker and Majora's Mask both had some great songs as well. Majora's Mask for, as Axle said, bringing back many of the songs from OoT, while introducing some great new ones as well.

As for Wind Waker, the sound quality of the music was better (if I remember right), but I really liked the songs such as Windfall Island and Outset Island that took part of the Kakariko village and Kokiri Forest themes and made new songs out of them. The upbeat/happiness of the music was nice, and matched the game well.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I think ALttP had the best musical arrangements. It brought Zelda's Lullaby and Ganon's theme to the series and the other major themes of the game are instant classics. Hyrule Castle is probably the most re-used, but others that are fantastic include the Dark World theme, Kakariko Village, the Fairy Theme, and a fantastic rendition of the Overworld Theme.

I know most flock to OoT, but I wonder if sometimes that's because the music played prominently into the game itself. While there were nice little pieces composed for the Ocarina, none of them were really all that fleshed out. I really do love Gerudo Valley, and the Windmill Hut Theme, but overall the dungeon themes are not hum-able. Lack of the Overworld Theme is a disappointment, even though Hyrule Field's theme is well done. ALttP's soundtrack are all full of hum-able themes, and that brings it to top position for me.

As for easily listenable, I choose TP, mainly because of the advancement in VG music tech. It's listenable as a movie soundtrack, although some instuments are still somewhat 'fake' and evident to being MIDI-based. It's still got the best quality to the music, but only really because it was made in the middle of this decade. If ALttP's music were in the TP quality, then it would definitely be tops, but 16-bit music isn't always pleasant to crank on the stereo.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
Majora's Mask, if just because of the Song of Healing. Also, it contained some of the best songs from Ocarina of Time, like the Lost Woods/Woods of Mystery, Lon Lon/Romani Ranch, and Zelda's Lullaby/Ocarina of Time.

Anubis

The most inactive active
Wind waaaaaaaaaaaakeeerr! Just love the bosses music and dragon roost island got me completly! But as Octo rocked said song of healing, thats the best part with the whole MM in my oppinion! XD
But still WW's my answer!

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
My favorite is Wind Waker, with its unique boss themes and catchy island tunes, but I'd have to say LttP was the best. It had many great themes that are still being re-used.

D

Dirty Link

OOT, i dont even think theres a discussion on that. I will say windwaker had some really good music i love the great sea music, but its not hyrule field and OOT just they were on their A-Game w/that one

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Even though OoT is in second place I still voted for it. Ocarina of Time's songs were warmer and more memorable. I'll never forget the song that plays on the credits. Majora's Mask had a great one, but I choose OoT because it was the first Zelda game I ever got. The first game you get in a series, will always be your favorite - Even if it looks bad in comparison to all of the others. :)

It's a tough tie between A Link to the Past and The Wind Waker.

A Link to the Past was the first to show themes that are very well-known in the Zelda franchise today, especially Zelda's Lullaby (although many people think that it's from OoT). Dark World, Dark Mountain, the Lost Woods, and Hyrule Castle are just some of my favorites. The soundtrack for this game is definitely the most memorable.

As for Wind Waker, the soundtrack is great, as it brought many original songs while keeping the classics. The only one I hate would be the Great Sea song; it's probably my least favorite theme for any overworld. But ones like Dragon Roost Island and Windfall Island are also very memorable.

But then again, the soundtrack for every Zelda game is great (although the only one I like in Phantom Hourglass is Linebeck's theme).
From what I've seen, the soundtrack for Spirit Tracks sounds incredibly promising.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Yea, ST's is pretty good. Overworld, Hyrule Castle, Castle Town, and Wilderness are all pretty memorable. The one thing I didn't like is that they used the same theme (even though it was a good one) for every town. Yes they did a great job of matching the instrumentation etc with the feel of the town, but I would have preferred to have unique songs for each major town.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
Oh, also, props go to TP just for Minda's Lament. It may be the sound quality, but it's just such a unique sound for a Zelda title. In fact, it's actually kinda trippy.

L

LinkIV

it has to be OOT because the music has always come easy to me for it was my first zelda game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom