• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Controller Options Would You Like?

Austin

Austin
Maybe I am the only who likes using the GCN controller? It is one of the biggest reasons I got LoZ TP for the GCN. The controller and camera control were the final reasons for my decision. I know Nintendo wants to implement Wii motion pluss, but I really don't care to use it (pluss buy it).

Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't stop me from buying it, if it only had wii motion plus control. The ultimate want of the game is option to decide. Let players decide how they control Link. In fact, let users be able to choose between controller through out the game. Some parts may be easier with one controller then the other. For some, they may choose to use the harder controller, just for a challenge, or choose to use the easier to keep the game rolling.

What do you say?

Kazumi

chagy
No matter how much I would like to use the Classic Controller to play Zelda Wii, it will be Wii Remote and Nunchuck only. This is because it is using Wii Motion Plus. And it is going to be completely mandatory. Because they have been modeling the game around the use of Wii Motion Plus. And integrating it into the way the game feels, flows, and works. So I highly doubt that it will be optional. Sorry.

I would like to use the Classic Controller however. I find it a lot better then the Gamecube. And with the new Classic Controller Pro.. With all it's shiny blackness, and relocated buttons, and PS2 controller resemblance, and Monster Hunter Tri bundling.. Well. I don't think I'll ever want to use a Wii Remote again. Also. "Plus" only has one "s"... Sorry to be picky.

I'd love a GameCube or Classic option. (I'd take GCN over Classic because I have some GameCube controllers lying around, but haven't bought a classic controller yet.)

I would also take MotionPlus over the simplistic "Shake the remote to swing the sword" technique. I haven't played the Wii version of TP, but I have watched my siblings, and they broke the sword spin! Ever since Zelda first went 3D, you could rotate the control stick while pressig the sword button, and you could get around the need to charge. Even Four Swords Adventures had this feature! But TP Wii's version worked like Mario Galaxy, with the Luma that has to pop out and catch its breath: In other words, there's a time limit between spins. I'm not sure if it also removed the more traditional charge-up model; if I remember right, you just shake the nunchuck side-to-side to spin.

What I really wonder is how they're going to put 1:1 sword motion in a third-person perspective. Sure, it's easy to say "just do it like Wii Sports Resort" but that was first-person. If Link is facing the camera, and you swing your sword right, will Link's sword go to his right or screen right? (And I highly doubt anyone's willing to tackle a first-person Zelda. Then again, many said the same for Metroid.) And does this mean that Link is going to be right-handed again? Aaw. :(

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Wiimote w/ Motion Plus and Nunchuk.

TP's controls were the best for any 3rd person 3D game I have ever played. I never want to go back to using an analog stick to aim my weapons. The infrared gun on the Wiimote is vastly superior to the GameCube or N64 controls for the purpose of aiming arrows, hookshots, etc. I don't understand how anyone can think that the analog stick controllers are better than this.

I understand some people feel silly swinging a remote to use it as a sword, but I think this is a significant improvement too. It is highly immersive and feels natural to me. I think this will be even more true with Motion Plus. Further, I think the precision of the motion plus will open up new gameplay possibilities both for puzzles and combat--I am very excited for it.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
That's the thing: it's not going to be an option. You'll only be able to use the Wii Mote, Wii Motion Plus, and Nunchuk for ZW2. However I wouldn't have it any other way. With the motion sword swinging of Twilight Princess I felt like I was actually swinging the sword. With the point projectile aiming I felt like I was actually aiming the bow. And with WMP it'll be even better. I have no clue why anybody would choose anything else. It's awesome.

CZG

Well, I'm one of them. Let me explain for a bit....

I think the wii remote and the whole thing around it is incredably bad.
I skateboard, I snowboard and I play a video game once in a while...
Wii remote is a bad combination with live sports. I'm too tired and sometimes too injured to play like that.

One time, I went snowboarding, bailed over a high kicker and wrecked my shoulder.
It's been three years ago, and I still can't swing my left arm smooth and properly.

I WANT A CONTROLLER!
I am not able to play like they want me to.

I only bought a wii after I found out that TP was a cube game, so I could still play in an old-fashioned way.
Furtermore, I have some VC classics, but I'll never buy a real wii game. So, I'll problably wont get the next console Zelda.
I hope that the next DS title doesn't take too long...

I understand that they want to focus on their 'unique' gaming experience, but would it be that difficult to option for a classic controller? It's problably because nobody will buy their 500 accessoires in which your wii-remote fits.
Don't be surprised to find a set of three plastic swords once the game is released...

Which is not nessesary to play. Since when have gamers lost the ability for the insight how long the reach of your sword is? We knew when an enemy was within reach in LoZ and even in a 3D game like OoT, you basically never missed after playing an hour or so...

Stop beating the crap out of me and my wallet and let me play a videogame!

Austin

Austin
Well, I'm one of them. Let me explain for a bit....

I think the wii remote and the whole thing around it is incredably bad.
I skateboard, I snowboard and I play a video game once in a while...
Wii remote is a bad combination with live sports. I'm too tired and sometimes too injured to play like that.

One time, I went snowboarding, bailed over a high kicker and wrecked my shoulder.
It's been three years ago, and I still can't swing my left arm smooth and properly.

I WANT A CONTROLLER!
I am not able to play like they want me to.

I only bought a wii after I found out that TP was a cube game, so I could still play in an old-fashioned way.
Furtermore, I have some VC classics, but I'll never buy a real wii game. So, I'll problably wont get the next console Zelda.
I hope that the next DS title doesn't take too long...

I understand that they want to focus on their 'unique' gaming experience, but would it be that difficult to option for a classic controller? It's problably because nobody will buy their 500 accessoires in which your wii-remote fits.
Don't be surprised to find a set of three plastic swords once the game is released...

Which is not nessesary to play. Since when have gamers lost the ability for the insight how long the reach of your sword is? We knew when an enemy was within reach in LoZ and even in a 3D game like OoT, you basically never missed after playing an hour or so...

Stop beating the crap out of me and my wallet and let me play a videogame!

He makes a relevant point. I actually know gamers who were handicap, and I bet there are more out there. Hopefully Nintendo will incorporate some sort of controller option at the last, or design the game to be more handicap friendly.

For me, I'm just too old school. I grew up playing LoZ with a controller, and I still enjoy doing so. I wouldn't mind using the Classic controller as the 2nd controller option, but I rather use the GCN, simple because its one of the more ergonomic friendly controllers ever.

I'm curious where it says it won't be an option? I know they have designed and incorporated the wii motion pluss, but its not super-difficult to design the game to use other I/O devices (aka other controllers).

S

Seanileus

You are not alone!
I'll always choose the Gamecube controller over the Wiimote for any Wii game!
Except maybe Okami.

I got Twilight Princess for GCN, and I've played it on Wii.
It's no contest which one is better.

I personally would use any remote they threw at me. I prefer the Wiimote + Nunchaku combo. But having the ability to choose which one you would like to use, would be a good feature if you ask me. They did it with Smash Bros. Brawl, why not with Zelda Wii?

Ikana

Trollkastel
I don't like using the wii remote and nunchuck.I just wish that you could use the Gamecube Controller or the classic controller.But the next zelda game is having wii motion plus so I highly doubt they will let you have the option to choose which controller to use.

With the motion sword swinging of Twilight Princess I felt like I was actually swinging the sword.

Really? Cause I felt like I was shaking a Wii remote to trigger the effect of pressing the B button, due to the fact that it was in fact simply that and nothing more.

Got used to it after a while. Got to the point where Link only did extra attacks most of the time instead of every time. xD

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
I don't think Nintendo would waste it's time implementing multiple control schemes in Zelda Wii. It works for something like Brawl, where it's a nice novelty, but it wouldn't work the same way in a Zelda game.

That said, I'm all for Wiimote-MotionPlus-Nunchuck controls. I loved the control scheme in Wii TP (aiming was the best part), and I'm all for continuing it for the new games.

CZG

Oh and the balance board utterly fails if you break your toe!
PLEASE. Please, let me have an old school gamepad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom