• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Currently Doing in the Pokémon World?

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Here's something I've noticed, and maybe it's just me and my rotten luck: when an enemy has an attack that has a status effect, it will almost always hit you with the effect. Poison sting will almost always poison. Lightning will almost always paralyse. When YOU have the same attack, it almost NEVER works.

Also, what's up with critical hits? I was fighting an enemy 10 levels lower than me and almost got KOd from the three crits in a row!

Pokémon Crystal-I picked up my Stantler from the Daycare, beat the Steel Gym and I'm trying to level my team up to 30 for the Ice Gym. I also caught a Far-fetch'd. I had no idea they were in this game. Currently hanging around Lake Rage

My current team;
Quilava
Drowzee
Arcanine
Starmie
Poliwhirl
Mantine

Last edited:

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Pokémon Crystal-I picked up my Stantler from the Daycare, beat the Steel Gym and I'm trying to level my team up to 30 for the Ice Gym. I also caught a Far-fetch'd. I had no idea they were in this game. Currently hanging around Lake Rage

My current team;
Quilava
Drowzee
Arcanine
Starmie
Poliwhirl
Mantine

I hate Stantlers. How does a deer have Hypnotise? That makes no sense, and it irritates me. Also, their Stomp attack is OP.

I'm trying to level up my Oddish so that it's at least semi-good. I left my Bellsprout at the Daycare, and I got it back with all of the worst possible moves. It's useless now. It has absolutely zero direct attacks. I know some people like to have a Pokemon that sets-up other Pokemon, but I didn't want my Bellsprout to be that way. It's now a Weepinbell, and it is 100% useless, so I'm trying to level up another grass-type, because otherwise, I have none, and I feel that I need one, and I don't feel like capturing another Bellsprout at level 6.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I hate Stantlers. How does a deer have Hypnotise? That makes no sense, and it irritates me. Also, their Stomp attack is OP.

I'm trying to level up my Oddish so that it's at least semi-good. I left my Bellsprout at the Daycare, and I got it back with all of the worst possible moves. It's useless now. It has absolutely zero direct attacks. I know some people like to have a Pokemon that sets-up other Pokemon, but I didn't want my Bellsprout to be that way. It's now a Weepinbell, and it is 100% useless, so I'm trying to level up another grass-type, because otherwise, I have none, and I feel that I need one, and I don't feel like capturing another Bellsprout at level 6.

move reminder?

Oh no! I hate when the Daycares do that. :(

I don't know what that is. This is my first ever Pokemon game, and I'm still very much a noob.

Yes, that's the last time I use the Daycare. First, it's expensive, and second, you never know what they're going to teach your babies.

A Move Reminder is a tutor that can teach your Pokémon moves that they had before. Like if your pokemon wanted to learn a new move and you accidentally erased a good one, or if the Daycare people made your Pokémon learn completely worthless moves.

In their defense though Daycares are quite useful for helping really crappy Pokémon like Magikarp, Hoppip and Abra keep up with the rest of your team until they can learn something useful. (Go to Bulbapedia.net and they'll tell you which Pokémon can learn which moves at which levels) And of course they are the only way to breed them.

Last edited:

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
A Move Reminder is a tutor that can teach your Pokémon moves that they had before. Like if your pokemon wanted to learn a new move and you accidentally erased a good one, or if the Daycare people made your Pokémon learn completely worthless moves.

In their defense though Daycares are quite useful for helping really crappy Pokémon like Magikarp, Hoppip and Abra keep up with the rest of your team until they can learn something useful. (Go to Bulbapedia.net and they'll tell you which Pokémon can learn which moves at which levels) And of course they are the only way to breed them.

You can breed Pokemon?? :O

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Move_Reminder

you need a supply of Heart Scales. the move reminder charges one per move remembered. if you're playing one of the 3ds games, they're pretty easy to acquire.

Awesome. I'll be looking for them, though I wonder if by the time I get them my Oddish will be good enough that I won't care if Weepinbell can learn old moves or not.

Yup. Some Pokémon can only be got through breeding, example, I bred a Ditto and an Ursaring to get Teddiursa. Some people breed for the strongest competitive Pokémon with good movesets (you can breed moves into them,) or to breed for Shiny Pokémon. Some people breed Pokémon for trading. Dittos and Legendary Pokémon can't be bred.

You leave two Pokémon, either a male/female of a compatible egg group or a ditto with a pokemon and walk/bike around, the old man will be waiting outside for you once when an egg has been laid and you have to walk/bike with it in your group for a set amount of steps for it to hatch, the same as you did with your mystery egg.

There are guides you can find on gamesfaq or similar on how many steps you need to take for a pokemon to lay an egg and hatch. :)

Xa

The Phoenix reborn
Trying breeding method for a perfect Ralts. Hmph, no luck yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom