• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are some stupid things you've done in gaming?

Funny things that were completely your fault, not the fault of the game.

Where you just had a brain fart & forgot something obvious or made a school-boy error that no one should have made.

"I had one playing Pokemon X&Y.
I was using the analog stick to move throughout the beginning of the game but when you unlock the roller skates the analog stick is automatically assigned to them instead.
It took me 2 hours to figure out that I could use the D-Pad to walk normally after struggling to enter doors & navigate narrow spaces.
Worst part was I didn't figure it out, I had to text my cousin as i didn't want to google anything for the sake of spoilers. Felt like an idiot after that one.

Always think back to it everytime I play a newer gen Pokemon game."

Anyone got any similar stories?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Often forgetting that i have item that will solve that problem, i stand there like an idiot for ages trying other things... then im messing abouy and then Oh!! Item blah will do it...

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Forgetting the tech against the stage in Smash Bros, and then getting stage spiked as a result.

Forgetting the quick getup in Street Fighter and getting destroyed.

In Ninja Gaiden II, on a run on Master Ninja, I forgot to execute an enemy in a clutch situation, and he grabbed me, exploded, and killed me.

I went through a whole run on Doom: Eternal on Nightmare forgetting about grenades to crowd control enemies.

All schoolboy errors. :)

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I was playing TP and I got stuck in the Arbiters Grounds for bloody ages because I didn't have the sense to look up and see the opening I could clawshot through.
I got stuck in the Arbiter's Grounds on my first playthrough, too, but for a different reason. There's a room where you have to pull a wall out of the way, then run through the gap before it closes, but there are a dozens of ghost rats that jump on you and slow you down. You can only see them when using your wolf senses, but I thought it was a glitch that was making Link move like he was sinking in sand.

I was in that room for the best part of an hour trying to get through before 'the glitch' slowed me down, going in and out to reset it. I thought the game was broken and I'd never finish it and I was so ****ing upset.

Then I accidentally turned on my senses while I was trying to see if being a wolf would prevent the 'glitch' and saw a hundred ghost rats clinging to me.

Felt like a complete idiot. That room has never taken me more than ~thirty seconds ever since...

Selling important one-per-gameplay items like EXP Share in Pokémon prolly
Been there too man, Sold my seed & fertilizer in Super Mario RPG after the Nimbus land palace, but right before the person you trade these items to for the best armor in the game became available. Saved my game, found the dude who wanted them, facepalmed.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
not knowing I could equip different keyblades in kingdom hearts b/c I never really checked the menus, I just assumed that when you 'get a new keyblade' at the end of levels that the power of that would be added to your actual keyblade, I think I was as late as hollow bastion or maybe a world prior where I found out what I've been neglecting
OH, same thing for abilities too, jesus christ I really could not be bothered to look at the menu for a minute or two

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom