• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weird Things That Make No Sense in Zelda

S

Souldier

Epic wars with lots of people dying, half of Hyrule destroyed and graveyards fulling to the top and not even ONE character making references to it in ANY GAME

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
The Temples - does anybody actually ever WORSHIP there? I can understand dungeons that are supposed to serve some purpose, like the Goron Mines in TP being a dangerous active working mine for Gorons, but the temples - the Forest Temple, the Lakebed Temple.... and of course ALL the temples in OoT...

I haven't gone to church in quite a long time, but if I do ever get myself up in the morning to try one of the local historic churches, I'm *not* expecting to find booby traps and endless mazes and rooms I can only get into by working a puzzle and/or lighting torches.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
How come a wallet can hold up to 1000 green rupees, but it can only hold 200 blue rupees and 100 yellow rupees. What, do the rupees vary in size?

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
How come Link's sword can slay various huge monsters, yet do nothing more than knock a few feathers off of a Cucco?

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
SPOILER WARNING:

Koholint Island was a collective dream between Link and the Wind fish -- it never really existed. ;) So the question should be: If the game's a dream, how did he enter a dream world? Dream in a dream is recursive and weird.

it's INCEPTION! obviously lol. ;)

Flagpole

I'm back!!
As Shadsie said, the temples.

The first question that comes to my mind is: who builds them?
I believe you would need hundreds of years to create temples with such a high level of complexity (of course, Ocarina of Time's Temple of Time doesn't count...).

First off, why would someone put traps inside a temple? I mean, if you just want to worship someone, why has someone built traps and mazes inside the temple? They're useless, unless someone wants to try to get out of them alive (which I think it's actually impossible, except for Link, of course...)

Second off, why does no one go to the temples to worship? I mean, I haven't seen any temples with someone worshipping in them...

Third off, in case you want to worship, who would you worship to? Morpha? Phantom Ganon? Gyorg? Moldorm? A big strange face inside Face Shrine?

Meh, makes no sense at all...

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Ocarina of Time:

In the future, you are taught the Song of Storms that you supposedly played in the past, even though you've never learned/played it yet.

The first time you go to open Jabu-Jabu's mouth, you need a fish. If you leave and return, however, you don't need a fish to get sucked back in.

That's kind of a confusing one. I didn't quite understand it at first either. I think it's because even though YOU haven't learned it, Link has. Because of time travel, you don't actually play through everything in chronological order. Even though you, the player, didn't play it yet, it still happened seven years ago, in the past. I hope that made sense. :P

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
How do Koume and Kotake come back from the dead in the Oracle games, and why do two witches have halos when they die?!?
NOw it's time for a question that everyone has been asking, How does Ganon keep coming back?

Beeker

Wild Card
I always wondered how exactly Zoras could evolve into a race of birds.
But then again.. how DID OoT Link get those tights? Do I want to know? :lol:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
First off, why would someone put traps inside a temple? I mean, if you just want to worship someone, why has someone built traps and mazes inside the temple? They're useless, unless someone wants to try to get out of them alive (which I think it's actually impossible, except for Link, of course...)

Better yet, what's the deal with the stranger dungeons, like Inside the Deku Tree? How did all of those deathtraps get in there? How did DOORS and TORCHES get in there?! XD

How come Link's sword can slay various huge monsters, yet do nothing more than knock a few feathers off of a Cucco?

And what's the deal with the NPCs? When you use any weapon on them, they just go through them COMPLETELY UNHARMED! D:

A few more things to add to my previous list:

1.) How does the Magic Armor even work? o_O (TP)
2.) How come Link can withstand 100+ flaming Fire Arrows TO THE HEART and still be unfazed and yet he'll die from a single cannonball shot to the face? (TP)
3.) How does Epona manage to find exactly where Link is at any time and get there within seconds, even if she's halfway around Hyrule?
4.) How does the Stone Mask make you invisible? o_O (MM)
5.) How can Link stand not eating/drinking/answering nature's call for THAT long?!
6.) How do Cuccos manage to carry Link that far without dying from the weight of all of that armor/weaponry/meat?
7.) How do Potions/Chu Jellies/stuff of that manner heal Link instantly?
7a.) How does he even drink that fast?! D: I think that's unhealthy!

This reminds me of a world record video I watched a while ago... I watched this, and then I'm like, "Phhhbt. Link could totally pwn that guy in no time." XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmZGzoRXPP0

Last edited:
Here's some ( I didn't take the time to read any of the other posts so exuse me if I copied one of yours.) How do cuccos come endlessly I mean there has to be some limitation to thcuccos in Hyrule, in OoT and MM you can catch one bug in a bottle but when ever you use it three come out? In ST why do you only get ten seconds to catch a bunny and why can you only catch them if you blow up the rock they're behind? In ST you have to get ice to stop the lava from flowing in the Goron village why doesn't the ice immediatly melt? In MM where do the four giants come from at the end they just magically appear and when the one from the ocean steps on the fountain why doesn't the fountain break? How does the postman in ST and PH know that you just went in front of a mail box? How does Link store all those rupees in his back pocket? How do kinstone fusions work? Why can't somebody else be the Hero of Time for a change? Why doesn't Link have to eat drink or sleep you can't live off of potions for crying out loud and even if you could those things can't be very healthy so how does he remain thin?

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Why are their TORCHES?! In the great Deku tree. Fire hazard? Why can Ghoma spontaneously poop out eggs on command? Why does Morpha have an Eye ball? Link catches in fire but doesn't burn? Wolf Link can survive jumping huge heights randomly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom