• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Was Midna Key to the Story of Twilight Princess?

Was Midna Key to the Story of Twilight Princess?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't know.

• Total voters
Do people want the main character in the story to be Link, or to be another supporting character?

No, wait. Better question. Do people want Link to form his own personality so we don't NEED a supporting character to take care of the entirety of the character development?

Because really, we can't have it both ways. You have some complaining that Midna took everything from Link, that she was the main character focus and not him. Well, considering that Link is "supposed" to reflect the player who's playing the game, it's no surprise he took the back seat. The same people who complain about Midna getting all the attention are the same ones who refuse to let Link be his own person completely with his own emotions that come out through his actual voice at regular points in time. Sure, we see him change his eye expression from time to time, but really, that's lame compared to what it could be. If you want Link to be the main developed character is a way that you don't have to "imagine" how he feels for the vast majority of the game, you have to embrace him becoming his own person. If you want him to be a mere reflection of the player, then that's great. You should be embracing the supporting characters that actually do it.

Yes, I do feel Midna had the spotlight the entire time, but it was merely because Link couldn't have done it himself in his current form.

Zelda Freak

A Freak who likes Zelda
It revolves around Link, saving the "Twilight Princess" and the Twili in the Twilight Realm from Ganondorf's and/or Zant's curse.

Isn't that pretty obvious?

Of course she was key to the story. If it wasn't for Midna, Link would've never gotten out of his cell in Hyrule Castle. Therefore, none of the rest of the story would've happened which is 95% of the game. So yes, Midna is very important.

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
Midna is definitely the most important character in the game.( besides Link). Though i just joined ZD recently, i've been playing TP for a while now, and i've beaten it several times now, meaning, i've paid close attention to the story line, and key characters and cut scenes. (Oh, and Master Makar, make that, "midna saves links life MANY times".)

If you don't think Midna's important then you don't think Link is important! But I have a question for Ralis. Are you the same person as Prince Ralis?

▲ToonLink▲

Isn't she the Twilight Princess...or have i messed something in the story?...

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
Well, there is some connection with other things in the story. At first, when yout think about, you think that midna's not the main story, then you think she is, then, once you've thought about it so much, you can't thinm k about it anymore, you start to think other wise. Well, just think, I mean, she does have a point. I mean seriously, thats kind of like saying, that ocarina of time should be called: the story of Navi. Because, really i think thatthe twilight realm was abit more important. Though then again, midna's from the twilight realm, so i geuss you could say she's more important, too. So i geuss master makar has a point, too. Really wat I'mtrying to say, is that i'm neutral on this.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
The thing that helped it for me was that I never trusted Midna, even after the plot twist. I didn't trust her until the end really. When I found out a the end she was good it made me like the story more.

Midna was key to the backstory of the Twilight Realm and to the character development of Zant. Not to mention, without Midna, Link would have ever entered the twilight. She plays a role in almost every aspect of the story and if she was taken outthey would have to completely redo the plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom