• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Voice Acting in Zelda Wii?

T

TheLastLink

What the thread says, would you want voice acting in zelda wii?
i personally think what the Zelda series desperately needs is voice acting,
GOOD voice acting.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
I'm not sure nor would I care if it has it. but hey, we have been reading for the past 20 years or so. and hey, crappy voice acting would be welcome in this one and then be perfected on the next one. ;)
And let's be ralistic here, Nintendo sucks at voice acting.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Actually, they don't. I found the little voice acting they had in the recent Mario games (Sunshine, Galaxy, M&L series for god's sake!) was awesome and if they did it in Zelda I'm sure they'd make it even better. Besides, the tiny bit of voice acting in Zelda games it awesome as well (IE Saria's laugh from OoT).

Actually, they don't. I found the little voice acting they had in the recent Mario games (Sunshine, Galaxy, M&L series for god's sake!) was awesome and if they did it in Zelda I'm sure they'd make it even better. Besides, the tiny bit of voice acting in Zelda games it awesome as well (IE Saria's laugh from OoT).
I can actually see voice acting done only if its done like M&L. They were smart with that. I don't know if that was Italian or something else, but Nintendo could easily do that and make it seem like Link and others are speaking Hylian.

Any other way would probably do the series no good, in my opinion.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I can actually see voice acting done only if its done like M&L. They were smart with that. I don't know if that was Italian or something else, but Nintendo could easily do that and make it seem like Link and others are speaking Hylian.

Any other way would probably do the series no good, in my opinion.

It was italian sounding gibberish. But I liked that and I thought they nailed my personal imagination of Mario and Luigi's voices.

I for one, would love to see Zelda in full english voice acting. It would mean a lot more mood would be put in those intimidating cutscenes.

Austin

Austin
Based on the results of voice acting in Metroid Prime 3, I'm going to have to decline. I doubt it would be pulled off very well and I feel like we'd lose something in the process.

Yep, it's time for the series to evolve. People have been expecting it since WW, and having yet another read-only game would just dock the series lower in the eyes of the general gaming world. I think it's time real emotion was put into the Zelda games. And not just the emotion that you're forced to make up yourself while reading text. Voices can express a character's sadness, anger, and traits way more than just a wall of text. Now you may want it to stay that way; you may just want to go along, making up personalities for yourself for every character in your own eyes, but that's not going to work for me, because I get sick of it.

And yeah, I know all of you are going to crawl into your depression corner and cry when someone talks and it doesn't sound like you "imagined" it would. Personally, I wouldn't care, seeing as I'm no good at making up emotions and voices for myself for a character, which is the only way anyone in Zelda can really be expressed outside of body language that's been reduced to eyes for the most part.

I want progress. For me right now, I play Zelda just for fun. Not for story, and not for emotion. If it ever wants to evolve beyond just "fun", it's going to have to start somewhere. Long overdue voices would be a good start. Or if it wants, it can stick with it's amazing game play and never be anything more to me, which I guess is fine seeing as I have Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games for the other stuff.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Only if it's original Japanese voice actors and NO DUBBING.

Dubs always sound ********. Zelda would probably be given the stereotypical royal accent and sound like a Brit, and Link would probably sounde prepubescent. Ganon sounded like an ailing smoker in TP, so I thank goodness he didn't speak.

Really, there's no need for any VA. Fable/II has HORRIBLE VA, and I have a feeling that is what Zelda would be like. God, just listen to any dubbed anime... So... I mean, the VAs we have for Zelda right now are fantastic, and they have been chosen because they fit the characters better than anybody else. So, if VA were to happen, I'd hope it'd only be done by the Japanese VA we have now, and I'd hope it wouldn't be destroyed with dubbing.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Ganon sounded like an ailing smoker in TP
:lol: I literally lol'd on that one.

if VA were to happen, I'd hope it'd only be done by the Japanese VA we have now, and I'd hope it wouldn't be destroyed with dubbing.
Aye, but you and I both know for a fact that it would with out a doubt be dubbed. That is just the unfortunate truth of the American entertainment industry.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Voice acting would be great... aslong as they don't get the DUB company who were in charge of the original cartoon to make them, they still give me nightmares.
Aslong as they use mature voice acting, in a way that shows the depths of certain characters personalities, then it would certainly be revitalising for the franchise. Of course, never any voice acting for Link.

Din Akera

Sniper
I don't really like that idea, Zelda wouldn't feel the same way. I don't mind the grunting & all that.

I agree.
I am way to much of a traditionalist. I have enjoyed the small sounds or recurring sounds that the characters in Zelda games make/are responsible for. I am also, all for Link not speaking. THis is as personal preference. I think that fact that he doesn't speak make for an interesting dynamic. The introduction of voice acting would take this away from the character of Link that I have established in my head and have come to love. Now, I understand that not everyone would share that stance with me, but that is my solid truth.

Though if voice acting was introduced, I would not be overly unhappy if Link spoke, But It would have to be very little, or to a small extent. I do think characters Link Sheik, Malon, Ruto, Ilia, and Skull kid would have been interesting to have voice acting for. I agree also with the fact that it would need to be well done, not simply thrown in.

S

Sage of Shadow

I don't think voice acting would hurt. Maybe Link could have a voice this time, since this new game apparently will break many traditions, anyway.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It worked pretty well with the metroid series, so, I think that with a good buncha voice actors, they could do an awesome game

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
The voice acting would have to be spot on for me to actually like it if it was implemented. It would be very easy for them to throw it in at the last minute.

However, it has been stated that they won't release it until it's perfect, and if that includes the voice acting, then I'm all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom