• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
I've gotta say Hena from TP

She's just cute. The fishing hole is a beautiful location and feels like a real place (plus that really nice music) and she was just endearing and I liked going on the boat with her on the water, and how she wants to think that she's related to the fisherman from OoT. I thought that was a good callback

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Revali. There's a sad amount of Revali hatred (most of it justified, but still) I actually like him as a character.
After that, Moe the moblin from WW. I'm pretty sure a lot of people enjoy this quest and find it funny, but nobody ever talks about him. This guy had my full support and admiration throughout the game.
I'm going to add another character to my list, Zelda from Spirit Tracks. Oftentimes Zeldas from various games get kind of clumped together as generic "Zelda". But I especially like the one from ST. She comes off a little naive at first, not used to leaving the palace or seeing anything "scary". I haven't finished the game yet so I don't know how much character development she has. But she does seem to take things seriously when she has to, and is building up her courage. It's just sad that someone with such a distinct and fun personality gets tossed into the "Zelda" pile and in a sense overlooked.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The horned statue in BoTW. I am most intrigued by this demon turned to stone and want to learn more about its backstory.

I must say that Zelda is full of intriguing characters but it is a series that is generally light on character development. Whilst unforgettable a lot of the time, many of the quirky and loveable cast don't really get fleshed out backstories anyway.

To change this I would give these characters meaningful side quests revealing more of their personality and past. They could even have multiple quests throughout the game showing how the events in the story are affecting their lives. I would much prefer this to hundreds of korok poops but I'd be fine with both.

Uma from BotW is a great character. She's just so old and sad and alone. Bellum as a character is really boring, but Bellum as "the concept of war" that proliferates throughout Phantom Hourglass is a really good antagonist. Facade, with his almost no dialogue, really leaves an impression. Iris from FSA is also a great character, and if they were to remake FSA, they should have her join the Links as a companion character.

Requiem Of Spirit

It's a secret to everybody...
Malon. She teaches Link Epona's Song which is very useful to summon Epona later on, and is an overall pleasant character, she also seems more responsible about the ranch and the horses than Ingo or Talon. Also her Weird Egg sidequest in the child timeline is pretty funny.

Another character that I think is underrated (in all games) is Impa, since she always protects Zelda and in many occasions she also helps out Link, either by pointing him in the right direction or by teaching him songs that are useful to progress in the game.

Last edited:

Gorozoron

wild ride
You know, I highly doubt any female character in the Zelda series is underrated. They get a lot of positive fan attention, no matter how good or bad they are.
Yeh tbh most of them are overrated if anything
Saria is okay but she isn't astounding

1644029190296.png
any of the female HW oc's are super bad lol but I bet they have a fair share of fans of some kind
i seriously had to google "Hyrule Warriors blue hair girl" cuz I couldn't remember Lana's name, she's that forgettable to me
1644029481859.png1644029489429.png
Anyway, the twin jugglers in MM are underrated as hell
They're great

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
You know, I highly doubt any female character in the Zelda series is underrated. They get a lot of positive fan attention, no matter how good or bad they are.
I'm not so sure about that

I hardly see much attention for Hena or Queen Rutela, and I think they're both really endearing characters

Of course, there are those who are talked of a lot (Mipha, Malon, Zelda), but still

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom