• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Vs. Wind Waker

Z

ZeldaScrollsV

Well, I never played Wind Waker, but I've beaten Twilight Princess and I think there is no way WW is better (repeat, never played WW, though, so don't come harsh)

Imo WW is the much better game. Twilight princess is actually my least favorite imo. They are both too easy and have forgetable dungeons but WW has a magical charm too it with its great cellshaded graphics and happy feeling.

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
well, i havent played WW before but i was intending to find a friend who has a gamecube with WW. but i've played TP and man tat was soo good!

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I personally think Wind Waker is better and to me is more comical and not as serious so I enjoyed it more. Plus those cartoony graphics were fun. I felt like I was playing and watching an actual cartoon that I could control.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I think Twilight Princess is the better game by a long shot too. I liked TP's dungeons, its deeper and darker plot, and the length of the game more than the Wind Waker's. I also find TP more challenging than WW, which is also a better thing.

i think TP because i love the story the grahpics and well everything because its just such a good game i cried at the very end because its so beautiful so by a long shot twilight princess wins on my half

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I'm actually quite shocked by how many people think Twilight Princess is better.

In my opinion, The Wind Waker was way, way, way better than Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess was too easy for me (although, admittedly, I WAS older when I played TP) and I really preferred the graphical style of WW. The Wind Waker feels like a much more emotional game, and while it might not be as realistic as TP, I think the characters were a lot deeper and more expressive. The plot, as well, was more creative and shocking. To some extent, I think that Twilight Princess was repetitive and the wolf thing, while incredibly awesome at first, became boring quickly. Midna really did make that game.

Plus, The Wind Waker had a lot more exploration. Occasionally, I'd find those caves in Twilight Princess to explore – you know, the ones that would give you a Heart Piece or Poe or something. You know what I called them? "Wind Waker caves." They reminded me more of the previous game that the actual one I was playing. Twilight Princess had a big world to explore as well, but it was all made pointless by the usually small rewards you received, the emptiness, and the warping. With WW, I actually felt compelled to sail across the whole world and complete my Sea Chart, just for fun – and I still don't think I've thoroughly explored every island. I think the only reason I actually wandered across the world of Twilight Princess was the fact that I wanted the heart pieces.

I feel like a lot of my arguments are kind of cliché against poor TP, but I really do feel that way about it. Of course, I love Twilight Princess; I've actually replayed it more than The Wind Waker, but that's mainly because I can actually handle its difficulty. XD And it's awesome, one of the best video games out there... but I just love Wind Waker so much more.

MW7

I'm actually quite shocked by how many people think Twilight Princess is better.

In my opinion, The Wind Waker was way, way, way better than Twilight Princess.
Definitely, I'm surprised too. The only thing I disagree with you on is that I felt that Twilight Princess was actually harder than Wind Waker (but not by much). The parry in Wind Waker made combat ridiculously easy. Still in terms of exploration Wind Waker absolutely smashes Twilight Princess.

skybird11

state alchemist
they're both some of my favorite zelda games, but i think i like WW better. the cartoonish style appeals to me more, though TP's art was very appealing to me at first. i also like the story and the characters, tetra is one of my favorite characters ever.

For me TP was a more in depth and longer Zelda game while WW was a fun and light game which is good as well. In my opinion I think that TP was a little bit better than WW.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I prefer Twilight Princess because it just feels like a Zelda on a grander scale. I loved the story, the characters, the art style, the music, the dungeons, the tone and atmosphere. Well, everything really.

That's not to say The Wind Waker isn't one of the best games ever made. I love everything about Wind Waker too. But I can find more tiny flaws in Wind Waker than in Twilight Princess, like fewer dungeons and the fact I think it doesn't live up to its full potential in some areas.

Still though, I rank Wind Waker 3rd and Twilight Princess 2nd out of my favourite Zelda games.

i dont know why, but wind waker has always been my favourite zelda games, even though it is sooo easy. i like the fighting style and items in it, and controls for it on the GC

This is no contest for me. Wind Waker is my favorite game in the series and will most likely remain that way for a very long time. Twilight Princess is far and away my least favorite game in the series. I like virtually every aspect of Wind Waker better than that of Twilight Princess. Dungeons, characters (Midna gives TP a characters score of negative a billion), bosses, overworld, graphics, soundtrack, story line, you name it. The one thing about Twilight Princess I like better than Wind Waker would be the items, and that definitely won't save it here.
Twilight Princess would've got difficulty, but it is in fact the only Zelda game easier than Wind Waker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom