• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Vs. Wind Waker

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
They both had there flaws. Twilight Princess was too easy and had a dark and dull Artstyle. Wind Waker took too long going from place to place and the side quests were too much of sailing. I would have to say Wind Waker was better since even though it takes a long time to get around its fun just to explore the waves. I think Twilight Princess is more for a Zelda fan who wants more fighting and story but Wind Waker is for those who like exploring and puzzles which is what I prefer.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Overall, I'd have to say Twilight Princess is the better game. Now which is a better Zelda game...? That's a different argument.

The reason I say TP is because I feel that TP tried to appeal not only to us Zelda fans, but bring in outsiders to the series as well. A game that succeeds in appealing to a more broad audience would be the overall better game. I noticed a while back that a good amount of recent Zelda joiners would say "Twilight Princess was my first Zelda game and I loved it!" Wind Waker was a fantastic game, but its cartoony atmosphere, cel-shaded graphics, and endless sailing are things that appeals more to us Zelda gamers than others. Twilight Princess on the other hand was easier, allowing non Zelda players to adjust to the concept of puzzle solving, it was empty yet vast, giving gamers a grasp of the beautiful environment but not overwhelming them with too many secrets, and it had a rather dark and deep storyline with impressive character development, which is what the audience wants now adays. TP was also more "real" in that it didn't do as much things and just throw magic as its excuse. The game actually leans away from magic and goes heavily toward technology. Us Zelda fans are used to magic being the excuse for everything, but other gamers shake their heads at it. Most magic that was in TP had rules making it more appealing to the average person.
We still had the classic trio acting like themselves, but their personalities were changed to be more appealing. Link was a bit more "perfect" to appease the fan girls but he still had some growing to do as with most Links, he's just a kid. Zelda had more authority about her, changing her from a princess to a queen, yet she still held that compassionate atmosphere her reputation has gained her throughout the series. Ganondorf is still a conquering genius, but for once he's not focused on the Triforce. He has the power he wants, he only needs to make sure he can keep it. There are plenty more examples, but I'd be here all day.

Twilight Princess did all this while still maintaining a Zelda feel by throwing all sorts of hints to Ocarina of Time (considered by many to be the ultimate Zelda game) with its visuals, puzzles and music.

Wind Waker is a fantastically rupee game, but it overall doesn't seem that appealing unless you're a Zelda gamer. Twilight Princess on the other hand succeeded in appealing to both Zelda fans and general gamers.

IMO wind waker is far exceeds in nearly all areas, maybe not story but in exploration, charm and style i think it dominates twilight princess. but i still like twilight princess, i just liked wind waker much more.

I really enjoyed The Wind Waker, but I loved Twilight Princess. So definitely TP for me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom