• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce in Real World

S

SamuraiOfShikah

In Wizards 101, it's on the floor of the life tower I believe.

CZG

I try to hide them in artwork and graphic desighns sometimes...
A bit like where's Waldo...

Well the Triforce in Zelda comes from the crest of a real Japanese clan, so you'd see it there. There was a thread on it a while back.

Other than that, I've seen it in Starcraft. On one of the main menus, there's a part that's designed to look like a space battle, and if you hover the pointer over it, displays (like on a computer console) will appear, and one of them contains a three-triangle symbol identical to the Triforce.

I've probably seen it one or two other places, but that's the only one I can remember.

CZG

There was this cartoon I saw long ago, with an obsessed king with red hair holding a gold triforce in the background for half a second, when the two characters where walking by while talking about corruption in te lands and stuff.

It was no Zelda cartoon whatsoever.
That Ganondorf in the background wasn't part of the story at all.
It was the only reference in the whole cartoon, but a cool one.

Apple

Crazy Cookie
The most major one I've noticed is that the logo for Delta is the Triforce. The fighter from Galaga also looks rather Triforce-like.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
All the time. It seems to me like almost every corporation with "Tri" in their name will use this. It is a strong, harmonious design (but terribly uncreative).

There's a trash/sanitation service in my area that uses a "Triforce" type logo. I've also seen a sign beside the highway for a real estate law firm (I guess they handle legal issues regarding real estate) - the logo was a Triforce with lettering on it, the initials of the company name.

The Triforce is not hard to find out in the real world and ... it usually has absolutely nothing to do with the Legend of Zelda.

Austin

Austin
For anyone who likes math :p. You can think of the triforce as an example of Sierpinski triangle. In simple, its a triangle based of a simple reduction algorithm.

Sierpinski1.png

For more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierpinski_triangle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom