• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Treadmill vs Takin a walk outside

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Both have their advantages. Walking outside gets you fresh air, you get Vit D etc. Whereas treadmill makes you accountable for reaching your goal by showing the distance you covered/ kcals burnt.
So what do you prefer?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I go on frequent walks, as my pulmonologist said fresh air can help, and my therapist and primary care doctor both suggested walks around the neighborhood to lessen the effects of my anxiety and ADHD. It doesn't cure them, so don't get me wrong, but it helps get the brain under control.

And since I don't own a treadmill, I have to go on walks IRL.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I never understood treadmills, unless you live in some horrid biohazard of a town surely you can walk outside most of the time. Walking in place indoors negates most of the benefit you even get from a walk imo.
Whereas treadmill makes you accountable for reaching your goal by showing the distance you covered/ kcals burnt.
You can just get one of them fitbits or whatever and do the same thing while actually walking

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Taking a walk outside is nice, but it's also nice to take a walk when the weather outside is less than favorable. Walks outside are fine, but only the crazy folk want to walk outside when it's pouring rain or snowing.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Treadmill for sure, since I can jog in my underwear & not get arrested. Sounds like I am being silly here, but no I am serious since I can't stand sweating at all & that's one of the major things that makes me never want to work out while outdoors. That & like 100% humidity on the regular.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
If I do use a treadmill it is at the Y and is only for like 0.62 miles and even then I cannot run on them. Excessive running puts a lot of stress on my joints so more than likely when I do cardio it is usually on the elliptical before moving to a treadmill, stride machine doing 40 reps, cooling off in the pool, and relaxing in the hot tub, steam room and sauna.

I also do like walking outside so long story short is I like doing both.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
My brother has a treadmill but I have always preferred exercise like walking or playing games out in the open when the weather is good.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I like treadmills a lot better. Walking outside is nice, but I get bored pretty quickly. Not to mention the weather and temperature and stuff affects how much you can walk. Having a treadmill allows you to keep consistent plus you can watch videos and stuff while you're using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom