• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U TPHD First Impressions

Browen

xXThatReallyEmoNameXx
I'm loving the game so far and it's colour, but then again the vivid glow takes away from the original dark atmosphere

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm loving the game so far and it's colour, but then again the vivid glow takes away from the original dark atmosphere

I think the original was just blurry. I haven't noticed this game feeling like it has a lighter atmosphere.

You can always wear some sunglasses whilst playing to recreate the feeling of darkness you want.

I just barely made it through the fight with the ogre on the blue pig, without the Ganondorf Amiibo active. I didn't remember this fight being so early in the game and was, with still only four heart containers and only half a bottle of milk, wholly underprepared for that one. I think with proper equipment, I could have done this even with 4x damage, but it sure wasn't easy with just double either.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Really? Are you sure about that? Because I could have sworn I was stuck on that in the Forest Temple back then. One of these days I'll play my original copy to check that. :)

As far as I know, that puzzle is in both dungeons.

I just got through the Hyrule Castle Dungeon segment, and I'm really liking the graphical improvement so far. The lack of blur is definitely noticeable, and everything looks very sharp compared to the original. The only real issue I've noticed so far is framerate - it seems like the framerate gets choppy in some cases while moving, and there's definitely some significant dips. Picking up the sword in Link's House, for instance, brought me down to sub-24 FPS. I'm loving the graphics, but a stable framerate's also nice.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I just got through the Hyrule Castle Dungeon segment, and I'm really liking the graphical improvement so far. The lack of blur is definitely noticeable, and everything looks very sharp compared to the original. The only real issue I've noticed so far is framerate - it seems like the framerate gets choppy in some cases while moving, and there's definitely some significant dips. Picking up the sword in Link's House, for instance, brought me down to sub-24 FPS. I'm loving the graphics, but a stable framerate's also nice.
What's weird is that I haven't experienced any frame drops at all. Besides the stylistic frame drop when you hit enemies of course.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Here's my review of this remaster so far:
  • Great lovely amazing details! Looks nice, clean, and better than the original!
  • Having less light tears to collect than usually is nice as it makes returning to human form a lot quicker. No more spending like an hour or so, just trying to all the light tears.
  • Gameplay smoother better. The updated controls do tend to get a little weird and/or hard to get used to sometimes.
  • Speaking of which, yes, the horseback controls are the same as what Zelda Wii U is going to have. And that is where can ride Epona without having to barely touch the control stick. Took me a while to notice that and get used it. Of course it's not exactly the same as what will be in Zelda Wii U, but it is a nice treat and a little tease of what to expect.
  • I found something rather interesting in the Forest Temple that I want to share very soon.
  • The Hylian Shield looks beautiful in this remaster!
  • Trying to get the Hawkeye is impossible compared to the original. I don't think you can even get it in this version. If anyone has been able to get it in this version, please tell me how. I tried original way of getting it that I'm used to and it's not allowing me to get the Hawkeye.
  • So far, I've only beaten the Forest Temple and the Goron Mines. Right now, I'm on my way to Lanayru (the fun part of the game before getting the Master Sword).
  • Also, part of the pond in Ordon village is blocked for some reason! I find it very annoying!
That's all for now.

Overall, it's very similar to the upgrade that happened between OoT and OoT3D. Everything looks really good, yet extremely faithful to the original.
I can't agree with you here. TPHD looks great. Nothing similar to the OOT3D remake. OOT (like MM and WW) were butchered in their respective upgrades graphically. TPHD is not perfect, but it's the best Zelda remake so far graphically and it does keep the same game aesthetic. The other 3 games feel so different to their originals.

I really can't wait for my imp Midna tattoo lol damn...

Anyway got the game now for a couple of days 2 days before release i had it...and it looks very good and clean on my hdtv. replayed the wii version last summer and it was a blurry pile mess of **** to be honest...

The hd version looks very good sure the character models are the same but i don't mind it it looks so much better and i'm glad they deleted the ugly piss filter it had and the twilight realm actualy looks cool and not like a blurry mess and textures actualy look good now not a pile of blurry stuff.

I would give this a 10/10 lol but i'm biased it's my game of all time.

Reactions: Dio

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Actually, that puzzle's always been that way. The one you're thinking of is in Hyrule Castle, not Forest Temple.

Anyway, I don't have a Wii U so I won't be playing this game for quite a while, but those screenshots look great! Glad y'all are having fun with it.
You are both right. There is one in the forest temple and one in the gardens of Hyrule Castle.

The game looks beautiful. They did a good job clearing up the graphics. Wish they could of made the grass look more like grass. The faster climbing is nice though it reminds me of the girl from the movie "The Ring". Sword controls are a little tight. Overall glad I got the game for the third time.

I just fell into the lava in the Goron Mines and to my great dissatisfaction, you STILL start at the beginning of the room you're in whenever you fall. The City in the Sky is going to be such a pain. D: Not looking forward to that one at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom