• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U TPHD First Impressions

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Maybe my timing was off. I did the same thing, but always got caught in an explosion when I entered the hole. Maybe I should have waited for that to go off before exiting?
Happened to me very often as well. The thing I did was waiting a few sec till the explosion and then go outside. I didn't get hurt.

Oh well. That means there's no way I'll fully beat the game with the dorf amiibo now, unless I restart from the beginning. :P It's times like these that I'm glad I'm not OCD about gaming.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I finished the game and it has been like 5 years ago I played the Ganondorf battle. I enjoyed it very much but it was very easy. I don't know why I always thought it was more tough but it wasn't. I managed to avoid his sneaky attacks. In general I love the graphics, I like the stamps collecting quest and even enjoy searching for poes. I actually had no troubles riding Epona. It went okay right from the start. But I don't see myself playing TP anytime soon anymore. I was a bit annoyed with the empty overworld. Besides some digging spots and hidden caves it's still very empty.

I think how you see the overworld depends on your point of view. My first playthrough of the HD version, I didn't mind the emptiness at all, because I wasn't out to explore every corner, pretty much only checking out secrets I happened to stumble upon. This meant I didn't have to stop and get off the horse every few seconds, which was much appreciated. In my second playthrough where I'm aiming for 100%, things are a little different, since I'm carefully exploring every inch of the fields, and I now understand people's complaints a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom